Sign in to follow this  
HiFlyer

Asobo: ATC & Flight planning Programmer Wanted (Flight Sim)

Hmmmmmmm...... https://www.asobostudio.com/careers/atc-flight-planning-programmer-flight-sim-251

YOUR PROFILE

Mastery of C++

Strong aviation knowledges

Strong math skills (linear algebra and trigonometry)

Awareness of performance and memory issues in video games

Ability to interact with a team with varied profiles (Designers, Producers, etc...)

Enthusiastic and rigorous

Autonomous, responsible and creative

Good level of professional English, both written and spoken

As a "Plus" :

Knowledge of versioning tools (Perforce, Git)

Knowledge of physics

YOUR MISSIONS

Under the responsibility of the Lead, you will be required to participate in different tasks:

The evolution of the air traffic system AI

The evolution of the navigation system

The evolution of NavData, Flight planning

Create new content not yet revealed

YOUR APPLICATION

So far you're following us? If so, don't hesitate to fill in the contact form below with your CV and cover letter.

The next steps?

- Review of your application

- Technical assessment

- HR interview

- Technical interview with the Leads of the project

If you want to get to know us better, take a look at our Instagram. Otherwise you can also visit our LinkedIn, our Facebook page, or our Twitter account, there's a lot to discover about life in Asobo! 

See you soon!

The Asobo team

Asobo Studio is an Equal Opportunity Employer for any minority, disability, gender identity or sexual orientation

• Like 10
  • Upvote 1

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

yeah, good signs of a Bright future for MFS instead of the decay preconized by some not so positive simmers...

Even at it's default state of development MFS's ATC and AI already provide me a better experience than what I ever had since ATP rev D and Airline SIMULATOR 2...

Thanks for sharing Devon!

Edited by cagarini
  • Like 5
  • Upvote 1

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

the genius they need would not understand such :gobblydook" ...... fortunately last century, genius's understood

for now, cheers

john martin

2 hours ago, vadriver said:

the genius they need would not understand such :gobblydook" ...... fortunately last century, genius's understood

Personally, apart from 'versioning tools' I understand every word of it, and I have no experience in software creation whatsoever.

• Like 1

Surely not everybody was kung fu fighting.

https://rationalwiki.org

4 hours ago, HiFlyer said:

I could get hired on my severe overqualification on this topic alone.

I am keenly aware, always have them, and have spent decades trying to figure them out!🤣  I'm sure most of you also are overqualified on this requirement too. 🙂 

• Like 4

Regards,
Steve Dra
Get my paints for MSFS planes at flightsim.to here, and iFly 737s here
Download my FSX, P3D paints at Avsim by clicking here

9Slp0L.jpg 

Hmmm.... Sounds like someone that hangs out here. I wonder...

i9-10850K, ASUS TUF GAMING Z490-PLUS (WI-FI), 32GB G.SKILL DDR4-3603 / PC4-28800, EVGA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti BLACK EDITION 11GB running 3440x1440 

5 hours ago, HiFlyer said:

Should be a former Commodore C64 assembly programmer then. 🙂
Amazing what I have done in just 64K and just under 1Mhz with assembly code.
Today, just one cough and you are 1GB further. 😂

Edited by bvdboomen
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, bvdboomen said:

Should be a former Commodore C64 assembly programmer then. 🙂
Amazing what I have done in just 64K and just under 1Mhz with assembly code.
Today, just one cough and you are 1GB further. 😂

Pfft.  64k and 6502 assembly was a luxury when you'ld written code straight into machine language, entered directly as hexidecimal numbers into a memory monitor and fit that into a luxurious 32k on a Commodore PET 😉

Those were the glory days 😁 indeed.  That said, the C64 rocked for its time!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Paul K said:

Personally, apart from 'versioning tools' I understand every word of it, and I have no experience in software creation whatsoever.

I agree it's perfectly clear, and moreover I think it's the right set of requirements for a candidate. The only thing I found a bit odd is that they list version control tools as a "plus" - I'd expect that someone who ticks the other boxes would almost certainly have experience with version control. 

Edited by martinboehme
  • Like 1

Well I have experience on the Sinclair Spectrum with Flight Simulator from Psion Software - that any good?  16k version, as well, so I understand tough memory constraints.

I haven't used it lately though as my cassette tape got mangled-up.  :unsure:

• Like 2

Call me Bob or Rob, I don't mind, but I prefer Rob.

I like to trick airline passengers into thinking I have my own swimming pool in my back yard by painting a large blue rectangle on my patio.

Intel 14900K in a Z790 motherboard with water cooling, RTX 4080, 32 GB 6000 CL30 DDR5 RAM, W11 and MSFS on Samsung 980 Pro NVME SSD's.  Core Isolation Off, Game Mode Off.

Even if this job ad is tagged from the 2nd Dec 2022, they were an exact same job advert. in August 2022... I'm not sure then if it's a good news that the recruitment in stil alive 😉 

Vincent B.

Check my MSFS sceneries : https://flightsim.to/profile/vbazillio

This job posting have been out there for almost a year now 😞 

Jacek G.

Ryzen 5800X3D | Asus RTX4090 OC | 64gb DDR4 3600 | Asus ROG Strix X570E | HX1000w | Fractal Design Torrent RGB | AOC AGON 49' Curved QHD |

We can imagine dozen of scenarios. The job position is still alive. Someone has been hired last year and he/she moving forward/backward/leaving Asobo and the job re-opened, there are several slots for the same job description. It could also be a marketing posture without real willingness to fulfil the job

Edited by vbazillio
  • Like 1

Vincent B.

Check my MSFS sceneries : https://flightsim.to/profile/vbazillio

This is most definitely positive for the future of MSFS. They are aiming to improve the SIM and the development work continues.  

Flight Sim PC - OS: Windows 11 Pro. CPU: i9-13900K.  RAM: 64GB. GPU: NVidia RTX 4090 OC
Flight Sim Xbox - Seriex X, 3TB

3 hours ago, VFXSimmer said:

when you'ld written code straight into machine language, entered directly as hexidecimal numbers into a memory monitor

That's how I started. 🙂

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1