Sign in to follow this  
St Mawgan

SWS - FSReborn to make 727

Oh baby 😍

At last a worthy sucessor to my Dreamfleet 727! (hopefully)

If they have at least the same systems depth as the HJG one (for FS9 and FSX), I'll be happy. My wallet won't 😝

• Like 4

Best regards,
Luis Hernández 20px-Flag_of_Colombia.svg.png20px-Flag_of_Argentina.svg.png

Main rig: self built, AMD Ryzen 5 5600X with PBO enabled (but default settings, CO -15 mV, and SMT ON), 2x16 GB DDR4-3200 RAM, Nvidia RTX3060 Ti 8GB, 256 GB M.2 SSD (OS+apps) + 2x1 TB SATA III SSD (sims) + 1 TB 7200 rpm HDD (storage), ID-Cooling SE-224-XTS air cooler, Viewsonic VX2458-MHD 1920x1080@120 Hz, Windows 10 Pro. Runing FSX-SE, MSFS and P3D v5.4 (with v4.5 default airports).

Mobile rig: ASUS Zenbook UM425QA (AMD Ryzen 7 5800H APU @3.2 GHz and boost disabled, 1 TB M.2 SSD, 16 GB RAM, Windows 11 Pro). Running FS9 there... sometimes on just battery! FSX-SE also installed, just in case. 

VKB Gladiator NXT Premium Left + GNX THQ as primary controllers. Xbox Series X|S wireless controller as standby/travel.

2 minutes ago, simbol said:

Well considering the Boeing 727 is my favourite aircraft of all times and the level of passion I put to airplanes I develop.. you would be surprised to the things we will come up with.

Never underestimate the power of love and passion of a developer and if there is an airplane I love the most of all in this universe it is the the Boeing 727. There is no other aircraft in the world IMO that looks as beautiful as this bird, specially at full flaps during landing.

Time to change paradigms.. remember nobody expected Fenix to be as good as they were.. everyone was thinking FSLabs was the guys to build the Airbuses.. MSFS has changed the space somewhat with a bigger market allowing new firms to showcase their skills. 

Sometimes the smaller guys have way better ideas than big firms.. we are driven by love and passion, not economics.. :wink:

Best,
Raul

Thank you Raul for chiming in and this is just the sort of comment that I think many of us on this thread were hoping to hear. I agree wholeheartedly with you. The B727 has a certain charisma not found in modern aircraft today and for those who flew it, flew on it or saw and heard it taking off and landing, it has imprinted and indelible mark on their memory. I think you can see the passion that exists in this thread for the aircraft and to have you as the developer express your passion for the B727 too, is a great relief and suggests the development is in safe hands. Good luck and good speed Raul.  

Cheers

Terry  

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

No. No, Mav, this is not a good idea.

Sorry Goose, but it's time to buzz the tower!

Intel (R) Core (TM) i7-10700 CPU @2.90Ghz, 32GB RAM,  NVIDEA GeForce RTX 3060, 12GB VRAM, Samsung QN70A 4k 65inch TV with VRR 120Hz Free Sync (G-Sync Compatible). 

Boeing Thrustmaster TCA Yoke, Honeycomb Bravo Throttle Quadrant, Turtle Beach Velocity One Rudder Pedals.   

22 minutes ago, Luis Hernandez said:

At last a worthy sucessor to my Dreamfleet 727! (hopefully)

Thanks Luis 😉 Dreamfleet seems like such a long time ago now.

I'm looking forward to seeing a 727 too, for maybe obvious reasons 😄

Edited by Paul Golding
adding
  • Like 5
  • Upvote 1

Cheers

Paul Golding

And as for smaller developers, HotStart has created probably the most detailed add-on yet, in terms of system fidelity, etc. (i.e., the Challenger 650).  And HotStart is just two people, one developing all of the systems and one working on modeling and texturing.  Their next project is an A220, and I have no doubt it will be insane. 

Being bigger (not that PMDG is so big), or having done a Boeing before, is no guarantee of success anyway. 

Just to clarify, HotStart products are XP, but you get the point.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

Oooooh man I love love love the 727.  This is so exciting!

If I could sum up my childhood in three aircraft it would be the Air Canada 727, DC-9, and CP 737-200.

Glad to see @simbol and SWS are at work on this one and it sounds like a project of passion too.  Great news all around.

Edited by regis9
  • Like 1

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

1 hour ago, simbol said:

Well considering the Boeing 727 is my favourite aircraft of all times and the level of passion I put to airplanes I develop.. you would be surprised to the things we will come up with.

(...)

Thank you and best of luck, we'll be patiently waiting for it 🙂

CASE: Custom ALU 5.3L CPU: AMD R5 7600X RAM: 32GB DDR5 5600 GPU: nVidia RTX 4060 · SSDs: Samsung 990 PRO 2TB M.2 PCIe · PNY XLR8 CS3040 2TB M.2 PCIe · VIDEO: LG-32GK650F QHD 32" 144Hz FREE/G-SYNC · MISC: Thrustmaster TCA Airbus Joystick + Throttle Quadrant · MSFS DX11 · Windows 11

26 minutes ago, Paul Golding said:

Thanks Luis 😉 Dreamfleet seems like such a long time ago now.

I'm looking forward to seeing a 727 too, for maybe obvious reasons 😄

A Paul Golding sighting!   Hey Paul!  I remember trying to paint the DF 727 back in my budding days as a painter...can't recall if I ever released one before I got involved in FFG, SGA and such and started painting for them.

Great to hear that @simbol and SWS are making a 727 that will make us all appreciate just how awesome the 727 was. 🙂 

Hey Raul....if you need a painter for this project....I know a guy. 😉 

• Like 6

Regards,
Steve Dra
Get my paints for MSFS planes at flightsim.to here, and iFly 737s here
Download my FSX, P3D paints at Avsim by clicking here

9Slp0L.jpg 

1 hour ago, Dominique_K said:

I flew to spend a month in a Croydon family as a teenager to improve my english. 😉  

Seems to have worked very well! :smile:

• Like 1

Call me Bob or Rob, I don't mind, but I prefer Rob.

I like to trick airline passengers into thinking I have my own swimming pool in my back yard by painting a large blue rectangle on my patio.

Intel 14900K in a Z790 motherboard with water cooling, RTX 4080, 32 GB 6000 CL30 DDR5 RAM, W11 and MSFS on Samsung 980 Pro NVME SSD's.  Core Isolation Off, Game Mode Off.

4 minutes ago, regis9 said:

Oooooh man I love love love the 727.  This is so exciting!

If I could sum up my childhood in three aircraft it would be the Air Canada 727, DC-9, and CP 737-200.

Glad to see @simbol and SWS are at work on this one and it sounds like a project of passion too.  Great news all around.

Hey Dave....If I paint her....I'll be sure to add this livery to my list:

kNns2O.jpg

This one will be my favorite as I've flown on both an Eastern DC-9 (I know the shot below is an MD-80), and a 727 many times in my youth. 🙂 

usNsYF.jpg

• Like 1

Regards,
Steve Dra
Get my paints for MSFS planes at flightsim.to here, and iFly 737s here
Download my FSX, P3D paints at Avsim by clicking here

9Slp0L.jpg 

I flew to spend a month in a Croydon family as a teenager to improve my english. 😉  

I just hope you don't speak English with a Croydon accent! 

• Like 2

i9-12900K - Maximus Z690 Hero - Asus Strix 3090 - 32GB DDR5 - 1200W HX - H150i ELITE LCD - 980 Pro / Firecuda 530 - HOTAS Warthog

2 hours ago, Lord Farringdon said:

Here's a video that will give you some idea of how these airliners are being treated in Africa on cargo runs. In this video, the pilot (who by the way has a somewhat  chequered history and spent a short time incarcerated for some dodgy cargo...which is just the type of character you need flying in this part of the world), shows off his ample skills as he does a low level orbit on approach to put some space between him and arriving aircraft.  While some might see this as somewhat cow boyish flying (and it is) the shoulder launch SAM threat is real in Mogidishu , so keeping low is a safety measure while they remain exposed. Rather this than going missed approach and giving the bad guys another opportunity, they just get the bird on the ground as quickly as they can. Note the rapid deployment of spoilers immediately after touch down followed by reversers. Very busy hands and feet at this stage so if you get to fly this aircraft, I guarantee you it will keep your interest. 🙂  Enjoy the vid. 

Reckless but bada$$ piloting right there! no need of ILS/ VNAV/LNAV/RNAV and all that row of Word not allowed acronyms to fly a plane...

Edited by adino
  • Like 1

27 minutes ago, bobcat999 said:

Seems to have worked very well! :smile:

That and finding about Mad magazine there

• Like 2

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

1 hour ago, Steve Dra said:

Hey Dave....If I paint her....I'll be sure to add this livery to my list:

Love it!!

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

Coming back to the 727, I bought the Captain Sim bird long ago (early fs9 I suppose) and what I really missed then was a good tutorial. There was no Youtube and teaching yourself to fly her with the Boeing manual was a daunting task ! 

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam