Sign in to follow this  
iFlySimX

No Live Weather

49 minutes ago, JRBarrett said:

New Zealand only reports METARS on the international WMO METAR feed for the two largest airports: NZAA (Auckland) and NZCH (Christchurch). Only residents of New Zealand, who access the data from a NZ ISP can get free real-time METARS for any other airports within the country.

Any users outside of the country who need NZ METAR data have to pay the government of New Zealand for it. 

Thank you JR you are a wealth of actual useful info!

• Upvote 1

Noel

System:  7800x3D, Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut, Noctua NH-U12A, MSI Pro 650-P WiFi, G.SKILL Ripjaws S5 Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin PC RAM DDR5 6000, WD NVMe 2Tb x 1, Sabrent NVMe 2Tb x 1, RTX 4090 FE, Corsair RM1000W PSU, Win11 Home, LG Ultra Curved Gsync Ultimate 3440x1440, Phanteks Enthoo Pro Case, TCA Boeing Edition Yoke & TQ, Cessna Trim Wheel, RTSS Framerate Limiter w/ Edge Sync for near zero Frame Time Variance achieving ultra-fluid animation at lower frame rates.

Aircraft used in A Pilot's Life V2:  PMDG 738, Aerosoft CRJ700, FBW A320nx, WT 787X

Would love for MS to give us an update...this outage is brutal. big reason people fly MS is scenery and weather. Missing all weather takes so much out of a flight...well for me 

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Pup5581 said:

Would love for MS to give us an update...this outage is brutal. big reason people fly MS is scenery and weather. Missing all weather takes so much out of a flight...well for me 

I am on my 5th flight this morning, all over the Greek Islands. Checking weather with metars,  spot on...

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

6 minutes ago, Pup5581 said:

I'm wondering when we hear "GET A LIFE" motto.

• Upvote 1

21 minutes ago, G-YMML1 said:

I'm wondering when we hear "GET A LIFE" motto.

Or the frequent, "Patience you must learn" comment. I hate when folks blindly defend something and stand on a hill for absolutely no reason. There are no pitch forks... no riots... just folks who want to know what's up and why we haven't had any updates on the situation. Already we are hearing folks upset about the "whiners" on these forums, but of course they'll be the same ones in a month ready to sling mud when it's something that's important to them. Hypocrites is what they are.

• Like 9

Gaming rig
Intel i9 13900k - NZXT Kraken Z73 cooler - ASUS Maximus Hero Z790 
32GB Trident Z 6000MHz DDR5 - Gigabyte 4090 GAMING OC 24G
10 x 120mm Lian Li UNI fans - Lian Li OD11XL Case - Corsair HX1500i PSU

1 hour ago, Bobsk8 said:

I am on my 5th flight this morning, all over the Greek Islands. Checking weather with metars,  spot on...

Oh well, then clearly everyone else is doing it wrong including Asobo who have it listed as being under investigation. 🙄

• Like 6

Eric 

2 hours ago, Keirtt said:

Or the frequent, "Patience you must learn" comment. I hate when folks blindly defend something and stand on a hill for absolutely no reason. There are no pitch forks... no riots... just folks who want to know what's up and why we haven't had any updates on the situation. Already we are hearing folks upset about the "whiners" on these forums, but of course they'll be the same ones in a month ready to sling mud when it's something that's important to them. Hypocrites is what they are.

I just want some communication from the MS team. It shouldn't be that hard but I guess it is

3 hours ago, Bobsk8 said:

Clear skies?

Anyone else notice this?

The metar I get is from the 2nd of February, 1635z. I am upset because my home airport has been encased in fog for days now! The metar is frozen in time. 

1 hour ago, Pup5581 said:

I just want some communication from the MS team. It shouldn't be that hard but I guess it is

I’ll give them credit. They finally did today. 

https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/online-services-monitoring/486800/11?u=v2plus105226

Gaming rig
Intel i9 13900k - NZXT Kraken Z73 cooler - ASUS Maximus Hero Z790 
32GB Trident Z 6000MHz DDR5 - Gigabyte 4090 GAMING OC 24G
10 x 120mm Lian Li UNI fans - Lian Li OD11XL Case - Corsair HX1500i PSU

20 minutes ago, KDooter said:

Anyone else notice this?

The metar I get is from the 2nd of February, 1635z. I am upset because my home airport has been encased in fog for days now! The metar is frozen in time. 

UPDATE: My issue turns out to have been an addon. Removing all files from community resolved the issue. Looks like multiple addons causing it, or something even funkier of which I know nothing. 

Seemed fine for me today but the other morning was flying in Seattle and the weather kept going from cloudy and rainy to sunny every 2 or 3 minutes. Glad to see its a known issue. 

18 minutes ago, KDooter said:

UPDATE: My issue turns out to have been an addon. Removing all files from community resolved the issue. Looks like multiple addons causing it, or something even funkier of which I know nothing. 

UPDATE TO THE UPDATE: I experienced the issue with all mods disabled. Its not the mods. Looks like there is a very weird widespread issue going on with live weather. There are reports of it being frozen on a certain date (like mine) as well as clouds not loading in. Who tf knows what's going on?

2 hours ago, B777ER said:

Oh well, then clearly everyone else is doing it wrong including Asobo who have it listed as being under investigation. 🙄

It’s not denying your experience to say that not everyone is experiencing it. It’s potentially very useful in troubleshooting. I’ve also not had any problems with weather the last few days.

i910900k, RTX 3090, 32GB DDR4 RAM, AW3423DW, Ruddy girt big mug of Yorkshire Tea