Sign in to follow this  
Jack_Sawyer

60 second pause is back, begging for help.

Just now, vin747 said:

Does this happen with all your planes? Reason I ask is this same kinda thing used to happen only with Fbw A320 for me. Never happened with any other plane. So got fenix instead for my airbus craving. 

Try loading the C152 as a test!

• Like 1

Bert

17 minutes ago, Jack_Sawyer said:

6:58:11.1215293

6:58:38.1605306

6:59:05.2938860

6:59:32.3836283

6:59:59.4941130

Looks like every 30 seconds or so...

6:57:16

6:57:44

• Like 1

Bert

8 minutes ago, simtech209 said:

Standby. I want to confirm something, but basically while MSFS is running, click on the Steam icon and go to the front page that has the following across the top : Steam  View Friends  Games  Help  Click on Steam option and in the dropdown select GO OFFLINE. Check your MSFS performance..I'll confirm that one can do that... 

I tried this.  I cannot get live weather this way and anyway, I still have the 60 pauses.  Thanks for helping though, I appreciate it.

Jack Sawyer

3 minutes ago, Bert Pieke said:

Try loading the C152 as a test!

Will do Bert, but it does it with the PMDG 737’s, JF Warrior, and the C310.

Jack Sawyer

3 minutes ago, Bert Pieke said:

Looks like every 30 seconds or so...

6:57:16

6:57:44

The pause is precise, using the iPhone, iPad, and a real stopwatch in lap mode.  At exactly 60 seconds I get the 1/2 second pause.  I had this working perfectly after disabling the steamoverlay exe.  

Jack Sawyer

4 minutes ago, Jack_Sawyer said:

The pause is precise, using the iPhone, iPad, and a real stopwatch in lap mode.  At exactly 60 seconds I get the 1/2 second pause.  I had this working perfectly after disabling the steamoverlay exe.  

Filter out flightsimulator.exe in ProcMon and check at the exact times.  Maybe it is not Steam..

• Like 1

Bert

OK, Jack. I have to modify procedure slightly. Steam will not allow you to go OFFLINE if MSFS is running. Before starting MSFS, go to Steam main page, select Steam Option and in the dropdown select OFFLINE. Then start MSFS using either a shortcut or Addon Linker.

I don't mean take MSFS Offline, but Steam.. They are two different functions

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Bert Pieke said:

Filter out flightsimulator.exe in ProcMon and check at the exact times.  Maybe it is not Steam..

I’ll try this but first I think I have to do all the world updates in the sim because I told Steam to clear the cache, I didn’t think this would happen.  Yikes.  What a mess.  I’ll keep you posted.

Jack Sawyer

1 minute ago, simtech209 said:

OK, Jack. I have to modify procedure slightly. Steam will not allow you to go OFFLINE if MSFS is running. Before starting MSFS, go to Steam main page, select Steam Option and in the dropdown select OFFLINE. Then start MSFS using either a shortcut or Addon Linker.

I don't mean take MSFS Offline, but Steam.. They are two different functions

Thanks, I also tried this, still get the pauses.  

Jack Sawyer

21 minutes ago, vin747 said:

Does this happen with all your planes? Reason I ask is this same kinda thing used to happen only with Fbw A320 for me. Never happened with any other plane. So got fenix instead for my airbus craving. 

It happens with the PMDG’s, C310, Goshawk, Warrior, and C310.  But it was working flawlessly just a couple of days ago so I’m at a total loss right now and extremely frustrated.  Sorry,

Jack Sawyer

really messed things up. I told Steam to delete the cache and now it seems I lost all my addons.  No idea what to do now.  I give up.

Jack Sawyer

1 hour ago, Jack_Sawyer said:

really messed things up. I told Steam to delete the cache and now it seems I lost all my addons.  No idea what to do now.  I give up.

Actually with ProcMon there are little icons at the top.  Typically the one I use is to view file system only.  Earlier you posted a log and that was clearly the "Show Network Activity"...probably the least useful for troubleshooting a pause.   I'd limit it to "Show File System" and that might be more enlightening...again focusing on the times (look for something happening exactly at your pause times).

I'm not familiar with Steam.  But it seems like just deleting your cache wouldn't delete your addons.  If it did, look on the bright side, you can now reinstall the sim, and hopefully the pauses will not be there.

• Like 1

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB 

23 minutes ago, Mace said:

Actually with ProcMon there are little icons at the top.  Typically the one I use is to view file system only.  Earlier you posted a log and that was clearly the "Show Network Activity"...probably the least useful for troubleshooting a pause.   I'd limit it to "Show File System" and that might be more enlightening...again focusing on the times (look for something happening exactly at your pause times).

I'm not familiar with Steam.  But it seems like just deleting your cache wouldn't delete your addons.  If it did, look on the bright side, you can now reinstall the sim, and hopefully the pauses will not be there.

Thanks Mace, I really appreciate you and everyone’s help.  I’ll be sure to do what you suggest after the sim is finished updating.  I didn’t know deleting the Cache in Steam would basically bring the sim back to almost original condition.  However, before it started updating I did run it and every plane was there and all my airports except for two were there.

Strangely FlyTampa’s KBOS and YSSY were not in the Content Manager despite reinstalling them using Orbx Direct.  And they show in the Community folder too.  So I’m hoping after the update they will show.  If not, then that’s another thing to work on.

Also, you’re right, it would be nice if this solves the issue.  I was so happy with it when the problem was fixed last summer till now.  I mean it was a joy to fly in the sim without those pauses.  I wish I knew more about this and why it’s doing it.

Jack Sawyer

The amount if time you've invested in to fixing this, if it were me I would be inclined to just place a new copy of windows on and start from scratch...

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

before  going  down  that path  suppose  you  tried  uninstalling  and  deleting  every folder  relating  to  msfs  and  doing  a  re  install or  you  could  try  this   i  had  done  this  with  no issues   awhile  ago 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ldqFdcGL1X0

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg