Sign in to follow this  
Mets737

Black Square Teases Steam Gauge TBM!

41 minutes ago, sd_flyer said:

What world are we living. Real pilot bad simmers, simmers are bad real pilots! LOL

I've been simmer since since Sublogic ATP does it make me a good simmer? How about  hardcore - used to fly with keyboard only LOL

Yeah?  Well everything you said and I flew SubLogic Jet.  Does that make me an “extra bad” simmer? 😎

3 hours ago, sd_flyer said:

Sublogic ATP

now THAT was a sim!   Spent hundreds of hours in it.  I still have my brown "Flight Assignment - ATP" book around somewhere.

Yeah...keyboard pilot here too back in those days.  

The graphics were next level too!

BXHYHc.png

Nothing like the the crappy default aircraft we're forced to fly now a days...

odbIxB.png

• Like 7

Regards,
Steve Dra
Get my paints for MSFS planes at flightsim.to here, and iFly 737s here
Download my FSX, P3D paints at Avsim by clicking here

9Slp0L.jpg 

50 minutes ago, Steve Dra said:

I still have my brown "Flight Assignment - ATP" book around somewhere.

BXHYHc.png

first sim with realistic ATC ".... advise on initial contact you have BRAVO"

• Like 1

AMD 7800X3D, Windows 11, Gigabyte X670 AORUS Elite AX Motherboard, 64GB DDR5 G.SKILL Trident Z5 NEO RGB (AMD Expo), RTX 4090,  Samsung 980 PRO M.2 NVMe SSD 2 TB PCIe 4.0, Samsung 980 PRO M.2 NVMe SSD 1 TB PCIe 4.0, 4K resolution 50" TV @60Hz, HP Reverb G2 VR headset @ 90 Hz, Honeycomb Aeronautical Bravo Throttle Quadrant, be quiet 1000W PSU, Noctua NH-U12S chromax.black air cooler.

60-130 fps. no CPU overclocking.

very nice.

Me like what I see as I really prefer the classic cockpits but to be honest I don't see the TBM as a groundbreaking thing or that it will be "the number one" for some time. Especially the TP model seems not to be as close to real world as I want it to be and seems mostly on sim default. In addition what about a proper Beta simulation? You won't taxi this beauty in idle or your brakes would be gone soon. Afaik what I learned from the info available on the TBM, the upcoming M500 and the PC12 are quite a different league in regards of TP engine model including proper Beta ranges etc. Don't get me wrong, I own nearly everything of the BS range and happy with it but BS needs to level up some more to play in the top first row. And not to forget... why on earth do we still see this weather radar control thingy? Its time for an EFB with a nice usable UI and some charts integration especially in a classic cockpit...

Cheers T.

34 minutes ago, Torsen said:

why on earth do we still see this weather radar control thingy?

"Radio navigation systems are available from several eras of the aircraft’s history, so users can fly without GPS via a Bendix KNS-80 RNAV system .... and a Bendix RDR1150XL Weather Radar."

AMD 7800X3D, Windows 11, Gigabyte X670 AORUS Elite AX Motherboard, 64GB DDR5 G.SKILL Trident Z5 NEO RGB (AMD Expo), RTX 4090,  Samsung 980 PRO M.2 NVMe SSD 2 TB PCIe 4.0, Samsung 980 PRO M.2 NVMe SSD 1 TB PCIe 4.0, 4K resolution 50" TV @60Hz, HP Reverb G2 VR headset @ 90 Hz, Honeycomb Aeronautical Bravo Throttle Quadrant, be quiet 1000W PSU, Noctua NH-U12S chromax.black air cooler.

very nice.

1 minute ago, turbomax said:

"Radio navigation systems are available from several eras of the aircraft’s history, so users can fly without GPS via a Bendix KNS-80 RNAV system .... and a Bendix RDR1150XL Weather Radar."

Sorry thats not what I meant. I meant hiding the failure stuff and stats in the weather radar. 

Cheers T.

3 hours ago, Torsen said:

I meant hiding the failure stuff and stats in the weather radar. 

ok, you mean better in an EFB? then some would argue that spoils the classic analog looks.

"the TP model seems not to be as close to real world as I want it to be and seems mostly on sim default. In addition what about a proper Beta simulation?"

if there is enough demand, hopefully they will add that in a free update.

Edited by turbomax

very nice.

5 minutes ago, turbomax said:

ok, you mean better in an EFB? then some would argue that spoils the classic analog looks.

In the end you are right. Some will moan then also... thing is what would you usually find in the plane if you would run it in real world? But sure thats subjective. What is way more important is the TP model and the Beta range as they actively have an impact on the flying.

Cheers T.

Edited by Torsen
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, Steve Dra said:

now THAT was a sim!   Spent hundreds of hours in it.  I still have my brown "Flight Assignment - ATP" book around somewhere...

...The graphics were next level too!

BXHYHc.png

Is that one of your repaints Steve?  :laugh:

• Like 2

Call me Bob or Rob, I don't mind, but I prefer Rob.

I like to trick airline passengers into thinking I have my own swimming pool in my back yard by painting a large blue rectangle on my patio.

Intel 14900K in a Z790 motherboard with water cooling, RTX 4080, 32 GB 6000 CL30 DDR5 RAM, W11 and MSFS on Samsung 980 Pro NVME SSD's.  Core Isolation Off, Game Mode Off.

1 hour ago, bobcat999 said:

Is that one of your repaints Steve?  :laugh:

No....actually looks better than my 1st repaint. 🤔

• Like 2

Regards,
Steve Dra
Get my paints for MSFS planes at flightsim.to here, and iFly 737s here
Download my FSX, P3D paints at Avsim by clicking here

9Slp0L.jpg 

Based on various bits of feedback from preview videos and our tutorials over the past week or so, Black Square have jumped right back in and cracked on further with more coding, primarily around the Engine & Beta Range, and what better way to demonstrate how that's looking now than in a video.  So here's the very thing. Black Square pulling out the stops once again.  Hope you like it...

• Like 7

"In addition what about a proper Beta simulation?"

"in regards of TP engine model including proper Beta ranges etc. ... BS needs to level up some more to play in the top first row. "

"if there is enough demand, hopefully they will add that in a free update."

now what else can we find to whine about ...🤣

how about "Will the King Air also be effected by this?"

Edited by turbomax

very nice.

the prosecution rests its case. no more questions, your honor.

Edited by turbomax

very nice.

52 minutes ago, JustFlightScott said:

Based on various bits of feedback from preview videos and our tutorials over the past week or so, Black Square have jumped right back in and cracked on further with more coding, primarily around the Engine & Beta Range, and what better way to demonstrate how that's looking now than in a video.  So here's the very thing. Black Square pulling out the stops once again.  Hope you like it...

This is amazing!  Question is - does this delay release?

Jaseman. Lovin it up here........

Catch us over at MassieSim32 -> https://discord.gg/B4buuHGhcr

Just now, JaseMelbo said:

This is amazing!  Question is - does this delay release?

Wouldn't it be worth it if it did?

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |