Sign in to follow this  
Mets737

Black Square Teases Steam Gauge TBM!

Quick clip at the end of this video shows off the steam gauge TBM, JustFlight replies in a YouTube comment, coming in the next "few months"

Who's ready for some Steveo1kinevo ops! 😉

Edited by Mets737
  • Like 8

Jay

| PPL ASEL |
| i9-9900k | MSI GeForce RTX 4090 Gaming Trio 24Gb | ASUS ROG Strix Z390-E | G.Skill Trident Z RGB DDR4 3200Mhz | 32' 4K HDR | Windows 11

Yes this is great news!

The glass stuff we have from WT is incredible.  But I like to have options.

Also this allows me to run DLSS3 with analog planes because the clarity doesn't degrade as much.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Waaaait what!?

13900K | MSI RTX 4090 | 64 GB 3600 MHz | 4x SSD + 1x HDD | ASUS 42" 3840x2160 120Hz OLED
VirtualFly TQ6+ | Virpil WarBRD + Constellation Alpha | MFG Crosswind V2 | RealSimGear GNS530/430

spacer.png

Great!

hope I get some discount for that music as compensation 😫

• Like 6

Guenter Steiner
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Betatester for: A2A, LORBY, FSR-Pillow Tester
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

That is some excing news! I love the Black Square Caravan, and I am looking forward to the Baron, and now the steam guage TBM too!

AMD Ryzen 7800X3D & Gigabyte X670E Aorus Master MB, w/32 Gb GSkill DDR5 RAM, MSI 4090 GPU, lots of SSD's and M.2 drives, Fractal Torrent Case, Virpil VPC MongoosT-50CM3 Throttle, Virpil Constellation Alpha Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Yoke Boeing Edition and MFG Rudder pedals. Currently on Win11

For those who are extra lazy like me and don't want to watch the video lol...  I cropped this from the video so it's not reflecting the high quality textures at all!

52705320444_c604e8e3b7_k.jpgBSTBM by Ryan Butterworth, on Flickr

• Like 16

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Black Square are hitting it out the park at the minute!

The steam gauge / hybrid TBM will be absolutely amazing.

Bill

UK LAPL-A (Formerly NPPL-A and -M)

the FD's in the bonanza and baron seems PERFECT. Been waiting a long time for that.

A steam gauge TBM!  Why would you want one of those?

Bruce

• Like 1
  • Upvote 4

Bruce Bartlett

Frodo: "I wish none of this had happened." Gandalf: "So do all who live to see such times, but that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us."

Beats me, Bruce.

People still haven't figured out that glass cockpit avionics are much more reliable...

It's like wanting an old dialphone over one with buttons. Pure nostalgia, and no practical reason it seems.

Edited by Farlis
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 2

9 minutes ago, brucewtb said:

A steam gauge TBM!  Why would you want one of those?

For shooting NDB approaches in comfort!

7 minutes ago, Farlis said:

Beats me, Bruce.

People still haven't figured out that glass cockpit avionics are much more reliable...

It's like wanting an old dialphone over one with buttons. Pure nostalgia, and no practical reason it seems.

Irl glass is amazing.  In the sim it's tough to read some of the values sometimes.  Plus it's nice to take a break from every other glass plane.

• Like 10

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |

1 hour ago, brucewtb said:

Why would you want one of those?

why do people buy electronic watches that imitate analog watches? analog information is easier to grasp for the brain than numbers. 

why do people enjoy DC6s, DC3s, and double decker classic aircraft when they can take a jet? why do some still ride Harley Davidsons? and collect old paintings when they could have a crisp photograph instead? questions and more questions.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 3

AMD 7800X3D, Windows 11, Gigabyte X670 AORUS Elite AX Motherboard, 64GB DDR5 G.SKILL Trident Z5 NEO RGB (AMD Expo), RTX 4090,  Samsung 980 PRO M.2 NVMe SSD 2 TB PCIe 4.0, Samsung 980 PRO M.2 NVMe SSD 1 TB PCIe 4.0, 4K resolution 50" TV @60Hz, HP Reverb G2 VR headset @ 90 Hz, Honeycomb Aeronautical Bravo Throttle Quadrant, be quiet 1000W PSU, Noctua NH-U12S chromax.black air cooler.

60-130 fps. no CPU overclocking.

very nice.