Sign in to follow this  
David Mills

WU12 Released: New Zealand

1 hour ago, Treetops45 said:

My Marketplace is greyed out & unavailable & my Server Status shows Offline, but I have internet.

How do I get MSFS back 'Online"?

T45

Go into General Options, select the "Data" tab and verify that "Online Functionality" is set to "On". It can get toggled off if you get the dreaded "Unable to connect" error during a flight and you happen to hit the wrong button to dismiss the dialog.

• Like 2

With regard to Orbx's NZ mesh:

With the release of our NZ Mesh product a couple of years ago, customers have been enjoying the improved DEM and our approach to custom terrain meshes.

As we know, the New Zealand World Update uses the same LINZ source data as we did for our NZ Mesh product, with about a third of the country being covered with 1m LiDAR data, and the remainder with about 10m resolution.

Our package is pre-compiled at 10m while the New Zealand update version gets streamed at up to the full resolution of the source. This means that the sim will load and cycle through three additional levels of detail near the user aircraft, which can cause visible ground changes. In addition, we use different algorithms for generating the embedded LOD levels, which usually helps with retaining terrain shapes at mid to far distances.

With that in mind, we are temporarily removing NZ Mesh from sale on OrbxDirect and the Microsoft Marketplace. Customers who already have purchased the scenery will still be able to access the product to install/reinstall.

Once the NZ World Update is released, we welcome feedback from existing users on their NZ Mesh experience with the update. As it's a sizeable area to assess for pros and cons, this will be valuable to us and help us determine future plans for NZ Mesh.

https://forum.orbxdirect.com/topic/217215-information-regarding-nz-mesh-for-microsoft-flight-simulator/

• Like 1

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D; MSI RTX 3080 Ti VENTUS 3X; 32GB Corsair 3200 MHz; ASUS VG35VQ 35" (3440 x 1440)
Fulcrum One yoke; Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack Airbus edition; MFG Crosswind rudder pedals; CPFlight MCP 737; Logitech FIP x3; TrackIR

MSFS; Fenix A320; A2A PA-24; HPG H145; PMDG 737-600; AIG; RealTraffic; PSXTraffic; FSiPanel; REX AccuSeason Adv; FSDT GSX Pro; FS2Crew RAAS Pro; FS-ATC Chatter

1 hour ago, Farlis said:

Just took out the Cabri out for a spin around Wellington. The Photogrammetry is not only great but the coverage area is huge. I found the quarry where they shot Helms Deep and Minas Tirith for Lord of the Rings. Now I'm off to find the earth pyramids where the Path of the Dead was shot. 

Thanks, Farlis. Here come the unexpected Tree Elves of Lothlórien to Helms Deep just in time.  

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Ryzen5 5800X3D, RTX4070, 600 Watt, TWO Dell S3222DGM 32" screens spanned with Nvidia surround 5185 x 1440p, 32 GB RAM, 4 TB  PCle 3 NVMe, Warthog throttle, CH Flightstick, Honeycomb Alpha yoke, CH quad, 3 Logitech panels, 2 StreamDecks, Desktop Aviator Trim Panel.

3 hours ago, toprob said:

Largest is Auckland, then Christchurch, then Wellington.

• Upvote 1

Ryzen5 5800X3D, RTX4070, 600 Watt, TWO Dell S3222DGM 32" screens spanned with Nvidia surround 5185 x 1440p, 32 GB RAM, 4 TB  PCle 3 NVMe, Warthog throttle, CH Flightstick, Honeycomb Alpha yoke, CH quad, 3 Logitech panels, 2 StreamDecks, Desktop Aviator Trim Panel.

2 hours ago, edzunu said:

It's payware now. Look at the marketplace

It's another MS ^%&&*^%$*&  scavenger hunt!

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

4 hours ago, cj-ibbotson said:

Live weather also means frozen seas/fjords

I was rather hoping the NZ update would fix this issue we have been complaining about it for long enough - at least 18 months!

Bruce

Bruce Bartlett

Frodo: "I wish none of this had happened." Gandalf: "So do all who live to see such times, but that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us."

5 hours ago, David Mills said:

654mb initial download. 15.77Gb in Content Manager

Hmmm..... I get the initial 654 mb but there is nothing in Content Manager - all the other world updates in the installed list but no World Update X11 in the yet to be installed list.

Bruce

OK I now note that the update is initially in the Marketplace - you have to select it there first and then it appears in the Content Manager for installation. Confusing!

Bruce

Edited by brucewtb

Bruce Bartlett

Frodo: "I wish none of this had happened." Gandalf: "So do all who live to see such times, but that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us."

Bruce, it's in the marketplace screens, it's not in the content manager screens.

about 15 gigbytes

PSA: the  airport sale in the marketplace ends March 1st. Sometimes people have trouble buying, so it pays to try and buy 3 or 4 days before the deadline. Also other sites will have NZ airports on sale at this time too. (It happens every world update).

5 hours ago, JYW said:

Queenstown is an absolute must.   ANZ fly into there in a 737.

Check out this old cockpit video (this is part 1, but parts 2 and 3 will pop up too) of a ANZ 737-200 flying into Queenstown.   It's a "fly down the valley" type approach, a little like Paro or Innsbruck.  Stunning!

"Walked away from another one, Simon."

I love this deadpan line that the captain delivers at the end.

Classic video... don't know how many times I've watched it. And great to see the 737 Jurassic at work. Navigation is purely by VOR - none of that fancy RNAV or the modern RNP approaches into Queenstown. 

Edited by martinboehme
Typo
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, RW1 said:

Is your Taieri scenery all good with WU12?

Edit: NM Rob just read your post on the website.

Taieri works well, there's some cosmetic changes to come -- I did a lot of work originally to hide the aerial image border, placing it under treelines etc, but WU12 means this needs to be tweaked a bit. The appearance of the area outside the airport bounds is kind of disappointing, I'm not sure what data they've used for WU12 but I had hoped for a better match.

It will be a quick fix, so keep an eye on my site. No real issues with running the existing scenery though. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

map I  made of the WU airports (3 of the 8 are very close to each other). List on left is North to South.

spacer.png

Edited by Fielder

So, is it WU12 a thumbs up or down? Do we need to uninstall Orbx NZ Mesh? Won’t get to my PC for another 12 hours, keeping an eye on this thread.

• Like 1

GregH

Intel Core i7 14700K / Palit RTX4070Ti Super OC / Corsair 32GB DDR5 6000 MHz / MSI Z790 M/board / Corsair NVMe 9500 read, 8500 write / Corsair PSU1200W / CH Products Yoke, Pedals & Quad; Airbus Side Stick, Airbus Quadrant / TrackIR, 32” 4K 144hz 1ms Monitor

Thumbs up for me (but  I'm easy to please, especially when it's free)...

• Like 2