Sign in to follow this  
JETPETER2

Austin told me the anti-aliasing is not broken

11 minutes ago, 2reds2whites said:

You're not surprised that the person who created X-plane, who is the founder and owner of Laminar Research, is clueless about a basic graphics issue? 

Yeah it's Austin, he doesn't care. However, it's kind of crazy to think when the XP12 launch trailer was RIDDEN with AA issues, they just said well, f-it let's release it. My only explanation is that they knew TAA is years away since their rendering pipeline is not compatible and they we're like its either this or nothing.

• Like 3

-

Currently giving X-Plane 12.10 a spin on Shadow PC. 10 years with X-Plane now, since 10.20

37 minutes ago, Colonel X said:

TAA

aaaahhahhahahahahahaaa

hhhhahahahahhaaa

now that is a comedy reddit forum.

you guys are pure amateurs to the hate and ridicule reddit gives TAA, its the only subreddit Ive seen with a swear word in the name, and not just any word not allowed, the one beginning with F.

Thankfully LR were wise enough to avoid attracting that attention so far, went straight for FSR, unlike some others, that wasted a lot of dev time only to

Edited by mSparks

AutoATC Developer

2 hours ago, mSparks said:

but not something I'd gripe about while there are other issues with the clouds like broken cirrus and the weird pyramid formations that keep popping up every now and again.

I would say more important than that is the depth issue with clouds.  Far clouds visible through near clouds that aslo produce horrible 'shadows' around the far clouds. Ruins an otherwise great sky.  Interesting if the jaggies are in fact caused by something other than AA.  Shimmering has been reduced but still too high.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Intel i9-10900K @ 5.1Ghz,  Nvidia 2080ti 11Gb, 32Gb Ram, Samsung Odyssey G7 HDR 600 27inch Monitor 2560x1440, Windows 11 Home

1 hour ago, MrBitstFlyer said:

I would say more important than that is the depth issue with clouds. 

Agreed, although I've not seen that for a while.

I didn't mean to imply those are my most important, just the ones that jumped to mind while posting and I've seen in the last few days, I'm not really keeping track of stuff LR need to fix, leave that to them, just saying that the "looks like AA but isn't issues" I have seen recently are most likely a way down the todo list, definately not worthy of comments like

4 hours ago, Humpty said:

AA in XP SUX

or

4 hours ago, Colonel X said:

XP12 has insufficient AA

In fact, not even on the radar, short of a screenshot, not zoomed in 100x, showing what they are actually talking about.

We only recently had a massive long thread on the topic, and not ONE person managed to post a screenshot showing AA issues.

But I will post a screenshot to remind everyone why TAA is being dumped faster than ... [something rude] ... by any dev unfortunate enough to adopt it.

I0Lcvrs.png

lest someone takes that garbage seriously.

AutoATC Developer

3 hours ago, mSparks said:

Agreed, although I've not seen that for a while.

Strange, I see it on every flight 😬  I find it annoying because XP12 is so good everywhere else!

Intel i9-10900K @ 5.1Ghz,  Nvidia 2080ti 11Gb, 32Gb Ram, Samsung Odyssey G7 HDR 600 27inch Monitor 2560x1440, Windows 11 Home

19 hours ago, JETPETER2 said:

Had an email conversation with Austin Meyer today, he said he was unaware the anti-aliasing was broken..... what the )*)#)_#()

He has other priorities, video production, youtube, science, IPad flying apps, donating electric buses, flying his plane and of course XP mobile.

3 minutes ago, Greazer said:

He has other priorities, video production, youtube, science, IPad flying apps, donating electric buses, flying his plane and of course XP mobile.

Somebody who doesn't do one thing 24 hrs a day - how strange is that 🤪

• Like 1

9 hours ago, mSparks said:

Thankfully LR were wise enough to avoid attracting that attention so far, went straight for FSR, unlike some others, that wasted a lot of dev time only to

But seemingly the X-Plane FSR also isn't great??? Do people actually use that feature?

16 hours ago, GoranM said:

Increased shadow resolution is already in XP12.  It's just hidden in the datarefs.  There is a script that can improve them, but performance takes a slight hit (reason for hiding them).

Is that the 8192 resolution setting? It didn't really seem to help me ... Or were you referring to a different script?

11 minutes ago, level7 said:

But seemingly the X-Plane FSR also isn't great??? Do people actually use that feature?

main use is for VR and 4K displays, little bit of FSR, lots of AA, everything else max. happy days.

can also help those on lower end/older cards crank their settings up.

FSR2 is supposedly even better, but has a much higher dev overhead.

Edited by mSparks

AutoATC Developer

6 minutes ago, level7 said:

X-Plane is currently using FSR 1.0, mSparks is talking about FSR 2.0 which will be much better, but apparently it will take some time until we get it in X-Plane.

"They're pissing on our heads and they tell us they're pissing on our heads, but we say it's raining because we don't want to be labeled 'conspiracy theorists' ".

7 minutes ago, level7 said:

Is that the 8192 resolution setting? It didn't really seem to help me ... Or were you referring to a different script?

No, I think that's it.  I haven't made the changes, myself.  I just know about it.

btw on the shadows, they are actually crisp and fine at max settings for me, but I often end up with lower in my 2D screenshots, because its set on lower for my saved 2D settings, I havent gotten round to changing in the config and keep forgetting when I switch back from VR settings, only remember if I spota particularly egregious saw tooth roll over the panel. I will try and remember to update them next time I'm going 2D.

Edited by mSparks

AutoATC Developer

On 3/19/2023 at 7:09 PM, JETPETER2 said:

he said he was unaware the anti-aliasing was broken

What are the kids calling this these days? Not long ago they would have said that you got "punk'd".

Friendly reminder: WHITELIST AVSIM IN YOUR AD-BLOCKER. Especially if you're on a modern CPU that can run a flight simulator well. These web servers aren't free...

@mSparks

Seriously man, what is the point of turning a valid discussion into a circus with such nonsense from you, every single thread where you dump your thoughts ends up 10 pages long without the benefit of good information.

• Like 7

Windows 11 | Asus Z690-P D4 | i7 12700KF 5.2GHz | 32GB G.Skill (XMP II) | EVGA 3060Ti FTW Ultra | TrackIr v5 | Honeycomb Alfa + Bravo