Sign in to follow this  
Matchstick

Antonov An-2 is available

3 hours ago, regis9 said:

Interesting, I wonder why?

Watch the stream and hear for yourself. He explained it. Has to do with the thought that people who bought the Premium and Deluxe versions supported the development disproportionately more than those who did not. And to acknowledge that they get a discount on 1st party aircraft from now on.

Which might also be an incentive in the future to buy one of those editions, instead of just the normal one.

Edited by Farlis
  • Like 5

JUFhVBg.jpg

I am still delighting in my Anuschka and having FAR TOO MUCH FUN to get distracted with prose, however, I promise to return with a few accounts of my beautiful Babuschka. She is even better than she was in P3D.. and I loved her so there.

RUN, don't walk to the MSFS MP and support this incredible a/c development... it's by FAR the best bargain in MSFS.... absolutely SPLENDID!

Alex Metzger deserves a MS MVP award!

J1q9iGQ.jpg

I'm glowing... and it isn't just the Radium 🙂

TiLsEv8.jpg

C

Edited by cavaricooper
  • Like 7

Best-

Carl Avari-Cooper

Encouraging to hear about the flight dynamics in this one from everyone.. for those who have it and are also maybe familiar with how the real thing flies, what are your thoughts about inertia and twitchiness and overall handling? These are common complaints from some who feel that this is a widespread problem in the core FDE of MSFS, but I've always felt it comes down to how well implemented the aircraft is and how it takes advantage of all what MSFS offers with the modern flight model with or without CFD, especially in the hands of an expert dev like this one.. i.e. iniBuilds's A310, the Milviz C310, Fenix, PMDG birds I regularly use don't exhibit such issues for me, whereas some other aircraft including some default ones do.. of course proper controller setup is key too.

How about ground handling especially in cross wind? I'm assuming it's using the new flight model config parameters to improve ground handling for crosswinds/wheel-stickiness/etc.

Len
1980s: Sublogic FS II on C64 ---> 1990s: Flight Unlimited I/II, MSFS 95/98 ---> 2000s/2010s: FS/X, P3D, XP ---> 2020+: MSFS
Current system: i9 13900K, RTX 4090, 64GB DDR5 4800 RAM, 4TB NVMe SSD

Len-

The only shortcoming of any note are some of the sounds. They could use a revisit… Just not up to the level of the rest of the simulation- which is superlative.

She’s certainly not twitchy.

• Like 1

Best-

Carl Avari-Cooper

is there an indicator of WHERE the rudder and elevator trim is? I can adjust it, but I'm not sure where the indicator is? Very much enjoying her so far 🙂

37 minutes ago, jer2929 said:

is there an indicator of WHERE the rudder and elevator trim is? I can adjust it, but I'm not sure where the indicator is? Very much enjoying her so far 🙂

I recommend you read the articles on the real deal a few pages earlier, I seem to remember something along the lines of "one potato, two potato" when adjusting the trim.  Nothing about an indicator in the cockpit.  Sorry.

Regards,

Ray

When Pigs Fly . Ray Marshall .

Just now, raymar said:

I recommend you read the articles on the real deal a few pages earlier, I seem to remember something along the lines of "one potato, two potato" when adjusting the trim.  Nothing about an indicator in the cockpit.  Sorry.

Regards,

Ray

Cheers Ray, I've been perusing during cruise. You're indeed correct. Trim tab lights illuminate indicating neutral trim. Then you potato it up and down counting away to get your desired trim

4 hours ago, Farlis said:

Watch the stream and hear for yourself. He explained it. Has to do with the thought that people who bought the Premium and Deluxe versions supported the development disproportionately more than those who did not. And to acknowledge that they get a discount on 1st party aircraft from now on.

Which might also be an incentive in the future to buy one of those editions, instead of just the normal one.

And there I was grabbing the AN2 and F13 out of FOMO. Nice to hear.

• Like 1

amazing stall control

• Like 1

flight sim addict, airplane owner, CFI

18 minutes ago, sd_flyer said:

amazing stall control

Wow, can STOL? 

Win 11 Pro, MSFS Deluxe, Quest 2.

3 hours ago, lwt1971 said:

Encouraging to hear about the flight dynamics in this one from everyone.. for those who have it and are also maybe familiar with how the real thing flies, what are your thoughts about inertia and twitchiness and overall handling? 

How about ground handling especially in cross wind? I'm assuming it's using the new flight model config parameters to improve ground handling for crosswinds/wheel-stickiness/etc.

The inertia and twitchiness seem about what I'd expect for something like a giant, heavy biplane (lots of inertia, not much twitchiness), and the only issue I've got with the FM so far is the lack of flap drag, and maybe some airframe drag, since it seems.to be about 15-20kt faster at a given power setting than what's been written in various pilot reports of the actual airplane.

• Like 1

Definitely a winner!

Other than the fact that she slows down like a competition glider, even with the coals out and most of the barn doors flapping in the breeze. Hopefully someone will be able to fix this. The P.149, -6 and 414 will stay in the hangar for the foreseeable future!

Oh, but what's with the lame liveries. This bird grew up and lived behind the Iron Curtain for Pete's sake, not some Kindergarten!

Edited by gunther

Cold & Dark start video. I like to run these video on the auxillary computer monitor off to the side while flying on the main monitor. Until learning the startup procedures. I keep startup videos organized on a toolbar that extends up from the taskbar. The cockpit is in Crylic so it takes some help to learn what is what. 

Ryzen5 5800X3D, RTX4070, 600 Watt, TWO Dell S3222DGM 32" screens spanned with Nvidia surround 5185 x 1440p, 32 GB RAM, 4 TB  PCle 3 NVMe, Warthog throttle, CH Flightstick, Honeycomb Alpha yoke, CH quad, 3 Logitech panels, 2 StreamDecks, Desktop Aviator Trim Panel.

Old timey navigation with AN-2

-----

He's done cold and dark and also autopilot for the ginormous Antonov Mriya cargo ship too. 

• Like 1

Ryzen5 5800X3D, RTX4070, 600 Watt, TWO Dell S3222DGM 32" screens spanned with Nvidia surround 5185 x 1440p, 32 GB RAM, 4 TB  PCle 3 NVMe, Warthog throttle, CH Flightstick, Honeycomb Alpha yoke, CH quad, 3 Logitech panels, 2 StreamDecks, Desktop Aviator Trim Panel.