Sign in to follow this  
David Mills

TWITCH MSFS Development Livestream

4 minutes ago, Axis3600 said:

What will this famous Scenery Gateway be used for ?

People can make and submit their own updated airports (using default objects) to a library.

I can't remember if then Asobo will review them and include them in the base Sim like X-Plane does, or if it's a library that people can download from.

Edited by Tuskin38

41 minutes ago, Tuskin38 said:

can't remember if then Asobo will review them

IIRC user may download scenery „mods“ and vote and when a threshold of positive votes is reached that „mod“ will be rolled out for all users

Phil Leaven

i5 10600KF, 32 GB 3200 RAM, MSI 3060 12GB OC, Asus ROG Z490-H, 2 WD Black NVME for each Win11 (500GB) and MSFS (1TB), MSFS Cache and Photogrammetry always disabled, Live Weather and Live Traffic always on, Res 2560x1440 on 27"

I think it's only to allow users to update generic information like taxiways and parking spots - not actually alter or add structures to airports. And yes, I also read that the amendments would be voted in, but I'm not clear on the mechanism.

I’m a little disappointed no Honolulu given this announcement 

5800X3D, Gigabyte X570S MB, 4090FE, 32GB DDR4 3600 CL14, EVO 970 M.2's, Alienware 3821DW  and 2  22" monitors,  Corsair RM1000x PSU,  360MM MSI MEG, MFG Crosswind, T16000M Stick, Boeing TCA Yoke/Throttle, Skalarki MCDU and FCU, Saitek Radio Panel/Switch Panel, Spad.Next

48 minutes ago, micstatic said:

I’m a little disappointed no Honolulu given this announcement 

Well wouldn't that technically have to be part of a further U.S. update?

3 hours ago, pstrub said:

World Update 13 Oceania! Including Hawaii

Excellent, glad to see some other parts of the world getting some love.

• Like 2

i910900k, RTX 3090, 32GB DDR4 RAM, AW3423DW, Ruddy girt big mug of Yorkshire Tea

I hope Papua New Guinea receives special treatment and that they manage to capture in a realistic way the atmosphere of this bush flying paradise. Nice choice for a WU.

• Like 1

Great developer stream once again by MS/Asobo, here are my notes with timestamped links:

WASM + XBox

Helicopter improvements (Seb)

Thermals + gliders improvements (Seb)

• https://www.twitch.tv/videos/1772471519?t=00h17m06s
  • based on tonnes of feedback from community, lot of improvements
  • impact of sunlight energy: time of day, date, wind ... impact of clouds ... impact of storm clouds and winds
  • extreme thermals and turbulence conditions
  • turbulence control now available, does not take away thermals
  • video on improvements in realistic turbulence mode: https://www.twitch.tv/videos/1772471519?t=00h18m29s
    • thermals are very dependent on solar irradiance, latitude, time of day, etc play a big role
    • thermals are quite well aligned and appropriate according to clouds (and clouds' density/etc) in the sim now
      • keep in mind the visual representation don't quite show the true alignment in sim since it's visually hard to do
    • wind shear, vortex systems etc can arise in extreme situations
    • there are more planned improvements to keep improving thermals, and to keep implementing more from community feedback and gathering feedback from more pilots

AI/Traffic improvements

Stability/crashes/connectivity investigation and fixes/improvements

Content/roadmap updates

Q&A:

World update 13: Oceania

Expert series video by Hans, ATR 42

Marketplace

MS/Asobo will be at FSExpo 2023 in Houston

Edited by lwt1971
  • Like 25
  • Upvote 2

Len
1980s: Sublogic FS II on C64 ---> 1990s: Flight Unlimited I/II, MSFS 95/98 ---> 2000s/2010s: FS/X, P3D, XP ---> 2020+: MSFS
Current system: i9 13900K, RTX 4090, 64GB DDR5 4800 RAM, 4TB NVMe SSD

24 minutes ago, Farlis said:

Well wouldn't that technically have to be part of a further U.S. update?

Why do you say that?  Hawaii is in fact seeing some updates with this world update 

• Like 1

5800X3D, Gigabyte X570S MB, 4090FE, 32GB DDR4 3600 CL14, EVO 970 M.2's, Alienware 3821DW  and 2  22" monitors,  Corsair RM1000x PSU,  360MM MSI MEG, MFG Crosswind, T16000M Stick, Boeing TCA Yoke/Throttle, Skalarki MCDU and FCU, Saitek Radio Panel/Switch Panel, Spad.Next

2 minutes ago, polosim said:

I hope Papua New Guinea receives special treatment and that they manage to capture in a realistic way the atmosphere of this bush flying paradise. Nice choice for a WU.

Given that the WU is made with ORBX and ORBX had a very nice PNG scenery for Prepar3d, we could have hopes. Not sure, if those who once made PNG are still with ORBX those days, though.

Kind regards, Michael 

• Like 2

MSFS, Beta tester of Simdocks, SPAD.neXt, and FS-FlightControl

Intel i7-13700K / AsRock Z790 / Crucial 32 GB DDR 5 / ASUS RTX 4080OC 16GB / BeQuiet ATX 1000W / WD m.2 NVMe 2TB (System) / WD m.2 NVMe 4 TB (MSFS) / WD HDD 10 TB / XTOP+Saitek hardware panel /  LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440  / HP Reverb 1 (2160x2160 per eye) / Win 11

Eugh nothing about weather again. For me, that’s the biggest thing I would like to see improved. Clouds back to as good as they used to be, lightning, and thunderstorms back, weather either accurate to meteoblue forecast or metar.

Would also like to see LOD distances but back to how they used to be, rather than the smaller distances we see detailed terrain displayed now.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, pmb said:

Given that the WU is made with ORBX and ORBX had a very nice PNG scenery for Prepar3d, we could have hopes. Not sure, if those who once made PNG are still with ORBX those days, though.

Kind regards, Michael 

I’m hoping they’ve got some good aerials. It truly is bush flying paradise, but the current orthos have a lot of clouds and other problems.

i910900k, RTX 3090, 32GB DDR4 RAM, AW3423DW, Ruddy girt big mug of Yorkshire Tea

8 minutes ago, scotchegg said:

I’m hoping they’ve got some good aerials. It truly is bush flying paradise, but the current orthos have a lot of clouds and other problems.

Last month or so I've been flying around the Marshall Islands, Kiribati, etc. in the Islander. Truly awesome flying, but 100% agree. 

I would really, really like to see them define a lot more of the small fields, I'm sure they will. Also, a surface type for coral runway would be rad - I've run into plenty of airports that say coral but it's grass, or the strip is entirely missing and we're going somewhere else now.

12 minutes ago, scotchegg said:

I really wish that the WU focussed more on improving the terrain textures rather than just adding POIs. I can’t say I’ve ever been one to fly around looking at POIs but am always looking at the terrain textures. And some of it is really bad still even in areas where there has been WUs. Of course just my view, I’m sure others love checking out the POIs.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1