Sign in to follow this  
Treetops45

Insufficient Bandwidth/Switched to Offline Mode

5 minutes ago, Arun said:

Hi, Has anyone found a solution to this problem?  Or are we all waiting for a patch? Thanks. 

No. And yes. Well, sort of: I don't think this can be solved with a patch. MS needs to get their hardware act together.

14 hours ago, Bert Pieke said:

As best I know, you do not have a choice of servers to connect to, unless you use a VPN to connect in another country..

You can easily change servers, click on your Xbox gamer profile icon and it will tell you what is available. No VPN required. 

As the problem is probably a specific MS server at a given time, this is the logical thing to try if you’re getting disconnected.

It would be good to have some decent offline scenery available for times when this is problematic - something like Orbx TrueEarth. 

It seem that, for many of us, this problem got worse after the recent SU. Hopefully there’s something on the software side that can be addressed, and Microsoft also gets more serious with its server hardware.

Oz

xdQCeNi.jpg   puHyX98.jpg

Sim Rig: MSI RTX3090 Suprim, an old, partly-melted Intel 9900K @ 5GHz+, Honeycomb Alpha, Thrustmaster TPR Rudder, Warthog HOTAS, Reverb G2, Prosim 737 cockpit. 

Currently flying: MSFS: PMDG 737-700, Fenix A320, Leonardo MD-82, MIlviz C310, Flysimware C414AW, DC Concorde, Carenado C337. Prepar3d v5: PMDG 737/747/777.

"There are three simple rules for making a smooth landing. Unfortunately, no one knows what they are."

Unfortunately for me its got worse. I cant get to the server selection screen. It never goes past The loading screen. 

Windows 11 | MSI PRO X670-P WIFI AM5 Motherboard | AMD Ryzen 9 7900X3D | MSI NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4090 24GB SUPREME  X | CORSAIR VENG 4800 DDR5 | WD 1TB M.2 | WD 2TB M.2 | LG - OLED48C14LB 48" Smart 4K Ultra HD HDR | Seasonic Vertex GX 1200W PSW. 

5 hours ago, OzWhitey said:

You can easily change servers, click on your Xbox gamer profile icon and it will tell you what is available. No VPN required. 

I believe that is the Multiplayer server.. not the server you connect to at startup.  😉

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Bert

I'm not sure why folks can't understand that the server select option is only for multiplayer.

All other MSFS server activity is on load balanced regional servers.

sp

• Like 2

I found a post on another forum that worked for me.

Delete the host file.  It is located at:  Windows\System32\Drivers\etc\host

Don't know if it will work tomorrow but it's working now. 🙂

Roy

5 minutes ago, Roy Warren said:

I found a post on another forum that worked for me.

Delete the host file.  It is located at:  Windows\System32\Drivers\etc\host

Don't know if it will work tomorrow but it's working now. 🙂

Roy

That is only if you experimented with Google scenery in MSFS..

• Like 1

Bert

22 hours ago, Bert Pieke said:

As best I know, you do not have a choice of servers to connect to, unless you use a VPN to connect in another country..

On the other hand, if I forget to turn off my VPN, it always times out the scenery in MSFS. Set up for a longhaul flight only to find that the sim that never truly pauses, truly does pause when this error comes up.

I was not happy.

24 minutes ago, Bert Pieke said:

I don't have Google scenery on my computer.

23 minutes ago, Bert Pieke said:

Yes, you're right.

My comment (and my earlier ones) were based on a troubleshooting guide on the MSFS forums. They recommended changing the server (if not local) as the first step, using an ethernet cable as the second step.

On reflection, I'd concur with your thoughts that neither of these steps is likely to be useful.

Zendesk suggests the following. For those who haven't used Google Earth, step 5 may be worth trying. I don't think removing all addons and peripherals is a viable solution!

ISSUE CAUSED BY 3RD PARTY CONTENT

1. Restore Bing Maps and undo any modification made to your host file. 

To do so, read the add-on's documentation and follow the add-on creator's instructions.

2. Restore the sim to its vanilla state

Here are the 5 steps to quickly restore the sim to its original/vanilla state:

1. Move or rename the community folder
  2. Uninstall freeware, payware and peripherals
  3. Delete the Content.xml file and .dat files
  4. Uninstall paid and free content from the marketplace
  5. Delete the rolling cache

Oz

xdQCeNi.jpg   puHyX98.jpg

Sim Rig: MSI RTX3090 Suprim, an old, partly-melted Intel 9900K @ 5GHz+, Honeycomb Alpha, Thrustmaster TPR Rudder, Warthog HOTAS, Reverb G2, Prosim 737 cockpit. 

Currently flying: MSFS: PMDG 737-700, Fenix A320, Leonardo MD-82, MIlviz C310, Flysimware C414AW, DC Concorde, Carenado C337. Prepar3d v5: PMDG 737/747/777.

"There are three simple rules for making a smooth landing. Unfortunately, no one knows what they are."

56 minutes ago, Bert Pieke said:

Bert. After thinking about what you said, I believe you are right.

I tried several times to load the new version of the Google scenery and couldn't get it to work, so I uninstalled it.  The uninstall probably left their host provider in my file, so MSFS couldn't load it's content.  Just my thinking.  Now that I think about it, I started getting the low bandwidth messages right after that.

Thanks,

Roy

• Like 1

I've had 2 x 3 hour flights using the East Coast server, 1 last night & 1 today, & no problems.

No changes to settings

Touch wood it continues clean.

T45