Sign in to follow this  
Treetops45

Insufficient Bandwidth/Switched to Offline Mode

Out of the blue, I have been getting the subject message at the start of 3 flights this morning.

Anyone else experiencing the same?

T45

• Like 1

It's been happening a lot. Server-side issues, I presume.

MSI Pro Z690-A DDR4 | i5 13600KF | G.Skill Ripjaws V 32GB 3600MHz | ASUS TUF RTX 3080 (12GB) | Samsung 980 M.2 NVMe 500GB | Samsung 980 M.2 NVMe 1TB | Samsung 850EVO 500GB | 2TB Seagate HDD | Deepcool AK500 CPU Cooler | Thrustmaster T16000M HOTAS | CH Yoke | Win 11 22H2 build | MSFS2020 |

Tony K.

Did you try changing server ?

MSI X670E Carbon Wifi, 7800X3D, TUF 4090 , X4 NVME's. OS on a 2TB 980 Pro , MSFS on " 2TB WD Black , G Skill F5 32 GB RAM ( 6000 allegedly) Corsair RM1000 PSU, Artic Freezer 280 AIO Cooler . Phanteks P600s Case ,TCL QM8B 50" 120/144 Hz TV, Warthog Stick and TCA Captains throttle ( full pack) Logitech / Saitek Rudder Pedals , Streamdeck XL / Streamdeck +

51 minutes ago, sonny147 said:

Did you try changing server ?

Does not affect the startup   AFAIK

Bert

Someone correct me if I'm wrong. But my understanding is that selecting a different server only affects multiplayer interaction. Can changing servers also affect the quality of photogrammetry? I too have received a lot of bandwidth messages lately.

Processor: Intel i9-13900KF 5.8GHz 24-Core, Graphics Processor: Nvidia RTX 4090 24GB GDDR6, System Memory: 64GB High Performance DDR5 SDRAM 5600MHz, Operating System: Windows 11 Home Edition, Motherboard: Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX, LGA 1700, CPU Cooling: Corsair H100i Elite 240mm Liquid Cooling, RGB and LCD Display, Chassis Fans: Corsair Low Decibel, Addressable RGB Fans, Power Supply: Corsair HX1000i Fully Modular Ultra-Low-Noise Platinum ATX 1000 Watt, Primary Storage: 2TB Samsung Gen 4 NVMe SSD, Secondary Storage: 1TB Samsung Gen 4 NVMe SSD, VR Headset: Meta Quest 2, Primary Display: SONY 4K Bravia 75-inch, 2nd Display: SONY 4K Bravia 43-inch, 3rd Display: Vizio 28-inch, 1920x1080. Controller: Xbox Controller attached to PC via USB.

We are still seeing that obtrusive window popping up when being switched to offline too! I really wish they'd redesign it.

• Upvote 1

Yes, I’ve been getting the issue a lot since around the time of the recent sim update. Wasn’t an issue for me before that, now it’s pretty constant.

There is a troubleshooting article on the MSFS forum that includes checking and changing your server (if necessary) as an important step. 

I’m not sure why, but the East US server had a reported ping of 2147483647ms last night. Seems kinda slow. 😉

If you have this issue, the article recommends that you check your server and use a wired Ethernet connection.

Oz

xdQCeNi.jpg   puHyX98.jpg

Sim Rig: MSI RTX3090 Suprim, an old, partly-melted Intel 9900K @ 5GHz+, Honeycomb Alpha, Thrustmaster TPR Rudder, Warthog HOTAS, Reverb G2, Prosim 737 cockpit. 

Currently flying: MSFS: PMDG 737-700, Fenix A320, Leonardo MD-82, MIlviz C310, Flysimware C414AW, DC Concorde, Carenado C337. Prepar3d v5: PMDG 737/747/777.

"There are three simple rules for making a smooth landing. Unfortunately, no one knows what they are."

2 hours ago, OzWhitey said:

If you have this issue, the article recommends that you check your server and use a wired Ethernet connection.

Which is unlikely to help you..

• Upvote 1

Bert

2 hours ago, Bert Pieke said:

Switching server did not help me. What helped me af first is to use a VPN.

But the last few days the issue progressed and the sim would get stuck in the checking for updates screen, with or without VPN. It is clearly a server issue since disconnecting the network lets the sim continue as normal. Same thing with ending a flight: sim won't go to the main menu unless I disconnect the network, then immediately the main menu appears.

There is a setting in the sim to limit bandwith to 40Mb which I am using now. It seems to help.

Flightsim rig:
PC: AMD 5900x with Dark Rock Pro 4 cooler | MSI X570 MEG Unify | 32GB G.Skill Trident Z Neo | Gigabyte Aorus Master RTX 3090 | Corsair RM850x | Fractal Define 7 XL
AV: Acer Predator x34 3440x1440 monitor | Logitech Z906 speakers
Controllers: Fulcrum One Yoke | MFG Crosswind v2 pedals | Honeycomb Bravo TQ | Stream Deck XL | TrackIR 5

2 hours ago, Bert Pieke said:

Maybe, maybe not.

It’s possible that MSFS is oversensitive to very minor disruptions in scenery streaming. 

The issue is annoying enough that I spent an hour or so reading up on how to install Ethernet cabling in a house after my sim session yesterday!

But I’m just going on what I read on the MSFS forum’s troubleshooting guide. No other program I own drops out in the same way that MSFS does.

Hopefully MS sorts it out from their end sometime soon. Offline MSFS looks pretty dismal.

Oz

xdQCeNi.jpg   puHyX98.jpg

Sim Rig: MSI RTX3090 Suprim, an old, partly-melted Intel 9900K @ 5GHz+, Honeycomb Alpha, Thrustmaster TPR Rudder, Warthog HOTAS, Reverb G2, Prosim 737 cockpit. 

Currently flying: MSFS: PMDG 737-700, Fenix A320, Leonardo MD-82, MIlviz C310, Flysimware C414AW, DC Concorde, Carenado C337. Prepar3d v5: PMDG 737/747/777.

"There are three simple rules for making a smooth landing. Unfortunately, no one knows what they are."

2 hours ago, OzWhitey said:

The issue is annoying enough that I spent an hour or so reading up on how to install Ethernet cabling in a house after my sim session yesterday!

I am sure ethernet cabling will work better than WiFi but don't expect this to end your connection problems. I am (and always have been) using wired internet and my speed is always above 900 Mbps (both download and upload) and still I get those bandwidth and disconnect messages a few times a week... It's the MS servers. Nothing you can do about it.

• Like 6

5 hours ago, tup61 said:

I am sure ethernet cabling will work better than WiFi but don't expect this to end your connection problems. I am (and always have been) using wired internet and my speed is always above 900 Mbps (both download and upload) and still I get those bandwidth and disconnect messages a few times a week... It's the MS servers. Nothing you can do about it.

Same for me.  

• Like 1

AMD Ryzen 7800X3D & Gigabyte X670E Aorus Master MB, w/32 Gb GSkill DDR5 RAM, MSI 4090 GPU, lots of SSD's and M.2 drives, Fractal Torrent Case, Virpil VPC MongoosT-50CM3 Throttle, Virpil Constellation Alpha Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Yoke Boeing Edition and MFG Rudder pedals. Currently on Win11

If this is an Asobo Server thing, hope they find a fix soon as it is --- me off.

Attached to West Europe server this morning & 30 minutes into a flight got the bandwidth message.

Again!

T45

6 hours ago, tup61 said:

I am sure ethernet cabling will work better than WiFi

Not even sure that is a thing... I was ethernet connected for years and then had to switch to WiFi with a different Internet Provider.  First, I tried a USB WiFi stick and got pauses, but after switching to an internal Intel WiFi card, I have not noticed any problems at all..

• Like 1

Bert