Sign in to follow this  
1Wolf

ATC AddOn Recommendations

I was hoping some of you might offer some ATC Add On Recommendations?

I'm looking for Offline ATC.  Something that handles realistic General Aviation, VFR ATC so that I can practice and become more experienced with real world communications in an offline setting.  Something that also handles realistic IFR very well for the same reason.  So far, I only do VFR flight, but down the road I'll be wanting to practice IFR as well.

I've watched alot of YouTube videos demonstrating various flights but most of what I've found is very long (36 minutes to an hour or more) and I can't watch hours of other people flying for EACH product and giving their opinions.  Secondly, so many of those apparently don't have any real world VFR experience so they were understandably expecting things and asking for things that just weren't something that happens with small GA airplanes in small controlled or uncontrolled fields.

I don't mind if the voice is robotic.  The ability to use your voice instead of just menu commands would be "nice" but not necessary for me.

In Summary, I'm just looking for a better ATC solution for realistic offline general aviation VFR flight (and eventually IFR flight as well).

Thanks!

Hi 1Wolf.

I highly recommend Pilot2ATC. I usually use it for IFR, but I believe it handles VFR as well.  There's a forum for it here at Avsim too. It has somewhat of a learning curve to it, but once you learn it its hard to fly without it!

DP

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

I think most if not all ATC-addons are geared towards IFR. Those are the kind of flights ATC is more useful with, I guess. Not much ATC-communication will be happening with VFR flights. My favorite ATC addon (by far) is FSHud but it only does IFR. I doubt if you will find a good and useful ATC addon for VFR.

Pilot2ATC.

• Like 1

Intel i7-9700K - Asus Nvidia RTX 2080 Super - 32 Gb Ram - SSD Drive - Win10 x64 - Samsung 43" 4K TV

PF3 works fine with both IFR and VFR.

I've been using it for years and never felt the need to look for something else.

It is still in active development and support is exemplary.

Edited by RALF9636
  • Like 1

Have to agree with the P2ATC crowd.

• Like 1

Mario Di Lauro

Another vote for Pilot2ATC.

• Like 1

PC1: AMD Ryzen 7800X3D | Zotac RTX 4090 Trinity | Asus TUF X670E-Plus | G.SKILL Trident Z5 NEO 32GB DDR5 PC 6000 CL30 | 4TB NVMe  | Noctua NH-D15 | Asus TUF 1000W Gold | be quiet! Pure Base 500DX | Noctua NH-D15S | LG OLED CX 48"

PC2: AMD Ryzen 7700X | PowerColor Radeon RX 6800 XT Red Dragon | MSI MPG B650I EDGE  ITX | G.SKILL Flare Expo X5 32GB DDR5 PC 6000 CL32 | 2TB NVMe  | Cooler Master Hyper | Lian Li 750W SFX Gold | Lian Li TU150 | SAMSUNG Odyssey G9 49"

GoFlight GF-PRO NG 737 Yoke System - Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog - Honeycomb Bravo Throttle - MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals - TrackIR - Stream Deck XL + Stream Deck Plus

PF3 has over one hundred controller voices, Pilot2 ATC comes with two, and additional voices are around $35 each. 

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

Pilot2atc here as well, there is a free trial version to see if it suits your needs...

G

• Like 1

Gary Davies aka "Gazzareth"

Simming since 747 on the Acorn Electron

3 hours ago, Bobsk8 said:

PF3 has over one hundred controller voices, Pilot2 ATC comes with two, and additional voices are around $35 each. 

Surely it’s not the number of voices that defines a good ATC program but the quality of the instructions given to the pilot to fly his route and receive the correct descent and approach instructions for a good landing.

• Like 5
  • Upvote 4

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

You can use MS free voices...there are directions here:

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

Surely it’s not the number of voices that defines a good ATC program but the quality of the instructions given to the pilot to fly his route and receive the correct descent and approach instructions for a good landing.

The number of voices was the first thing that I didn't like when I tried the PIlot 2 ATC demo a couple of years ago. been using every ATC program for both FS, and P3D, beta tested a couple of them, and wound up for the last 6 or more years with PF3. It does everything I need, flying all over the world for a VA, and I never have every one issue. 

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

4 hours ago, Bobsk8 said:

If I may gently remind you that there are free voices available from Microsoft no less, and plenty of videos and threads here at AVSIM on how to easily add them to Pilot2ATC.

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB 

I have PF3 and P2ATC and I prefer the latter b/c it has integrated voice control. I can use relatively realistic spoken procedures and P2A does a pretty good job of recognizing them. I have MCE but I could never get PF3 to play nice with it. I also find P2A way easier to set up and use. PF3 does a better job on some procedures and routes but P2A is updated (beta) several times a month and it's getting better with each update. I use "canned" chatter for atmosphere which is integrated into P2A (bought a chatter pack). Having said that...I am not a tube liner guy and fly mostly GA or regional. No ATC solution is perfect, and never has been for any sim, but either one of the above is a huge improvement over the stock ATC. I think it comes down to if you want voice control and what kind of flying you do. For me I want to talk to ATC and I fly lots of different planes/routes with an emphasis on GA so P2A works best for me.

• Like 1