Sign in to follow this  
Bigbluss

Feedback from real ATR pilot on the sims ATR

5 hours ago, Bigbluss said:

Expert Series I: ATR 42-600 / 72-600 - Microsoft Flight Simulator / Official Feedback - Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums

Not great - but its really quite a cheap addon which makes it more reasonable. Not a buy for me, but I'm sure some will really enjoy it. Hope this helps a bit with others when deciding whether or not to buy.

I'm sure he is a fine pilot, I'm not one to judge that, but what I do know is that unfortunately his attitude is really bad, he is notorious for that 😕

5 hours ago, Bigbluss said:

Expert Series I: ATR 42-600 / 72-600 - Microsoft Flight Simulator / Official Feedback - Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums

Not great - but its really quite a cheap addon which makes it more reasonable. Not a buy for me, but I'm sure some will really enjoy it. Hope this helps a bit with others when deciding whether or not to buy.

everybody can be an atr pilot online.. lol

2 hours ago, omarsmak30 said:

All that complain for 12 bucks?? Come on folks, people paid way more for scam products and this one is actually a very good deal 😅

The most ironic thing is that he misspelled "colour" when griping about how the colors were wrong  😂

• Like 2

"That's what" - She

For a good time, download my repaints for the RealAir Scout/Citabria/Decathlon in the AvSim library by clicking here!

1 hour ago, Luis Hernandez said:

For $13 (or whatever ridiculous amount I paid here), this is my only complaint: tail number in starboard is reversed...

(You can see that in the official release video, at 1:24. And no, I'm not going to post it here, it will distract too much).

I wonder if any tail numbers seen backwards would look like an embarrassing text of letters?

Ryzen5 5800X3D, RTX4070, 600 Watt, TWO Dell S3222DGM 32" screens spanned with Nvidia surround 5185 x 1440p, 32 GB RAM, 4 TB  PCle 3 NVMe, Warthog throttle, CH Flightstick, Honeycomb Alpha yoke, CH quad, 3 Logitech panels, 2 StreamDecks, Desktop Aviator Trim Panel.

20 minutes ago, Stoopy said:

The most ironic thing is that he misspelled "colour" when griping about how the colors were wrong  😂

In the UK colour is correct. 

• Like 7
  • Upvote 1

Ryzen5 5800X3D, RTX4070, 600 Watt, TWO Dell S3222DGM 32" screens spanned with Nvidia surround 5185 x 1440p, 32 GB RAM, 4 TB  PCle 3 NVMe, Warthog throttle, CH Flightstick, Honeycomb Alpha yoke, CH quad, 3 Logitech panels, 2 StreamDecks, Desktop Aviator Trim Panel.

Some people need a reality check on the MSFS forums! Regardless of the incredible price, the list of trivial issues is mind boggling! Clearly, certain people missed the boat during their education on the value of constructive criticism. With some statements, you’d think their life depended on using the model for real world ATR simulator training.

• Like 6

Lawrence “Laurie” Doering

Latest video at The Flight Level Ten Minutes of the F-14 Tomcat and Supercarrier - Launch - Mission - Recovery | DCS World | 4K

Doubtless it'll be modded in time to a pretty good standard, especially given the price.

Hopefully though, the gripes will persuade Milviz that there is room for a full-fidelity one as well.

• Like 2

i910900k, RTX 3090, 32GB DDR4 RAM, AW3423DW, Ruddy girt big mug of Yorkshire Tea

This guy posted this list within 30 something minutes after release. I wonder how he managed to find all those flaws so quickly.

• Like 4

He does make a pretty solid point in the end though. Asobo/MS made it seem like they would make a complex addon out of this by labeling it Expert Series and involving Hans Hartmann. This made developers like Blackbird/Milviz halt their ATR development due to possible market saturation. They simply can not compete on price because this Asobo version is practically sponsored by the income generated through the Marketplace. For the Expert Series to be relatively half baked in systems simulation is quite sad then. I'm sure a lot of people will enjoy it and the price is great.

But it sounds like it has the same issue as the CRJ had... It may look and sound quite like the aircraft it is trying to simulate, but it definitely does not work like one, especially for those who know how it should work. And also read his post from that point of view. This guy was probably looking forward to getting a high quality rendition of the airplane they fly in the sim. And then for it to be lackluster is a crappy feeling.

• Like 6

2 hours ago, scotchegg said:

Doubtless it'll be modded in time to a pretty good standard, especially given the price.

Nope. Marketplace encryption 

4 hours ago, Fielder said:

Didn’t you know everything outside the US is incorrect? 🤣

Edited by Ridvan Celik
  • Like 7

I'm kinda glad the guy posted that - it's a perfect list for ASOBO/Hans to aid in correcting issues. I haven't bought it yet, but then I didn't buy an ATR for P3D even though there was a pretty good one, I understand - I had the Majestic -8. I agree with the "for 12 bucks what do you expect" folks. PMDG charges more for their aircraft for a reason - it costs a lot of $$$$ to make them.

Steven_Miller.png?dl=1

i7-6700k Gigabyte GA-Z170X-UD5 32GB DDR4 2666 EVGA FTW ULTRA RTX3080 12GB

3 hours ago, Fielder said:

Canada, as well😉

• Like 1

i913900KF (5.8GHz) | Case: Fractal PopAir RGB I MSI Z790-VC | MSI Gaming RTX 4070Ti Super 16GB | Kingston Fury Beast 32GB DDR5 | SOLIDIGM P41 Plus 2TB NVMe M.2 SSD | Samsung SSD 870 EVO 2TB | Thermalright Frozen Notte 240 MM Liquid Cooling | Samsung 41" Monitor 1920 x 1080 60Hz | Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo | Logitech G Pro pedals | Tobii EyeTracker

As soon as I read that MSFS would be releasing an ATR in MSFS 2020, my credit card came out with fond memories of the Flight1 version in FS9.

As soon as I read that Hans Hartmann was involved, my credit card went back into hibernation. 

• Like 6

4 hours ago, Ricardo41 said:

As soon as I read that MSFS would be releasing an ATR in MSFS 2020, my credit card came out with fond memories of the Flight1 version in FS9.

As soon as I read that Hans Hartmann was involved, my credit card went back into hibernation. 

You do realize that you owe your fond memories of the ATR in FS9 to Hans as well? It was his baby.

• Like 3