Sign in to follow this  
Ray56

The woes of MSFS 2020

I've not read through all the pages but I've heard that many problems come because many users may have installed the Official map in the default location, being the C:\ drive in most cases? If that is the fact then it could be a Windows authorization and rights problem.

I have my Official and Community folder on a different drive and never ever had problems with installing sim updates and additional world updates or third party software. Using the MS Store version of MSFS.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

Rather than having to search the web for installation instructions I would have thought there would be a pinned topic on the official forum on how to do this.

Of course there is, it's just that our informant could not be bothered to supply the link.
Here it is: How to move Microsoft Flight Simulator to a new PC – Microsoft Flight Simulator Support (zendesk.com)

Edited by Reader
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 2

4 hours ago, Reader said:

Of course there is, it's just that our informant could not be bothered to supply the link.
Here it is: How to move Microsoft Flight Simulator to a new PC – Microsoft Flight Simulator Support (zendesk.com)

There used to be a credit card commercial with the final message “priceless”. Mastercard, I think.

Lawrence “Laurie” Doering

Latest video at The Flight Level Beautiful Sunset Flight Over Burlington, Ontario + Cool Instrumental + GoPro Aerial Cameras | 4K

Happy days - I have done it!  😊 with your help ofcourse.

I bowed to the concensus of opinion on here and bit the bullet to reinstall, but i did it my way to save time.

I copied the onestore folder to another place, uninstalled, then did a partial download and put the contents of the onestore folder back to where it came from. That saved a load of download time and I was sure the problem wasn't anything to do with that folder anyway.

To all you positive contributors to this thread, I thank you for taking the time and trouble to offer suggestions which helped and may help me in the future.

To the minority of negative contributors, I think you should start a junior section on here so you can all be childish together.

Happy flying

12 minutes ago, Bert Pieke said:

Maybe we can now close this topic.... 🙂

Great idea.

5 minutes ago, Les Parson said:

Great idea.

keep the thread open. Want to see what happens when the next update drops.  😉

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

A suitable point to close the discussion.

• Like 1

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather