Sign in to follow this  
Fielder

The King is coming.

But do you see anything there? Yes, wonderful things! And everywhere the glint of gold!

https://www.the-sun.com/lifestyle/8011736/charles-golden-king-glittering-robes-ancestors/

Ryzen5 5800X3D, RTX4070, 600 Watt, TWO Dell S3222DGM 32" screens spanned with Nvidia surround 5185 x 1440p, 32 GB RAM, 4 TB  PCle 3 NVMe, Warthog throttle, CH Flightstick, Honeycomb Alpha yoke, CH quad, 3 Logitech panels, 2 StreamDecks, Desktop Aviator Trim Panel.

Sorry, but I can't bring myself to click that link. I sense danger.

I hope I'm not becoming paranoid or something.

Could you provide a short synopsis of the content therein? 😉

Richard Chafey

i7-8700K @4.8GHz - 32Gb @3200  - ASUS ROG Maximus X Hero - EVGA RTX3090 - 3840x2160 Res - KBSim Gunfighter - Thrustmaster Warthog dual throttles - Crosswind V3 pedals

MSFS 2020, DCS

Its about the Coronation of King Charles the third

Edited by n4gix
Added the missing "h"

43 minutes ago, RichieFly said:

Could you provide a short synopsis of the content therein?

It is color photos of the Coronation Vestments to be worn by the King at his Coronation Ceremonies. These have never been seen in full color by the public unless they were fortunate enough to warrant an invitation. 

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

No Thanks. 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

Pete Richards

Aussie born, Sydney (YSSY) living in Whitehorse, Yukon (CYXY)

Windows 11 Pro loaded on a Sabrent 1TB Rocket Nvme PCIe 4.0, Ryzen 9 7950x3d, MSI X670-Pro Wifi Motherboard, MSI RTX 4070 Ti Ventus 3X 12G OC, 64GB DDR5-6000 C30 Corsair Vengeance, 2x 1TB Samsung 960 Pro NVMe for MSFS2020, 4TB Seagate BarraCuda HD, Corsair RMx 1000W PSU, NZXT Kraken X63 280mm AIO, Phanteks P600S Case.

There's only one true King...no one knows the arrival not even the King!

• Like 4
  • Upvote 1

5 hours ago, dmwalker said:

Obviously from that newspaper which is left wing and luke  warm towards the monarchy. For the opposite view look at the right leaning, pro-monarchy Telegraph. Paywall possible.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/royal-family/2023/05/03/crowds-line-the-mall-for-coronation-rehearsals/

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

7 hours ago, RichieFly said:

Sorry, but I can't bring myself to click that link. I sense danger.

It’s a valid link to a British tabloid newspaper.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

I think i still have an exact old robe like that laying around somewhere in my closets.

• Like 1

MSI MPG Z490 Gaming Plus | Intel Core i9-10900K @ 5.3GHz | 64GB Corsair Vengeance | Gigabyte GeForce RTX 3090 | 500 GB M.2 NVMe for win | 2TB M.2 NVMe for FS2020 | TrackIr v5 | Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo | Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog

Eric from EHAM, a flying Dutchman.

I'm agnostic when it comes to the monarchy. Not for and not against. I would think they pay for themselves with tourism.

Coincides with Guernsey Liberation Day, when lots of WW2 vehicles will be parading and all manner of festivities, fireworks at the castle etc. I'll be entertained by that rather than the coronation. 

May the 9th, Tuesday, so a double bank holiday. 

Edited by martin-w

5 hours ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

For the opposite view look at the right leaning, pro-monarchy Telegraph. Paywall possible.

Well, I found a Telegraph article on the quiche recipe, similar to the Guardian one, but I couldn't read it because of the paywall. Was it a positive review?

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/food-and-drink/columnists/king-charles-coronation-quiche-recipe-verdict/

Same thing with this one:

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/food-and-drink/features/telegraph-readers-coronation-quiche-recipe/ 

My comment was strictly about the quiche recipe and not at all about the pros and cons of a monarchy.

Dugald Walker

@dmwalker, here’s part of the first link…

With an extra five minutes of baking time to make sure it is fully set, once out of the oven the quiche is looking attractive with a beautiful golden top and crust. The volume of spinach, however, is significant and proves a little off-putting for my 13-year-old daughter and her friend. 

I get their point, the spinach is very dark and dominant – I think there’s too much of it and not enough of the silky cheese custard for my taste too. They nibble the littlest corner, attempt to make the right “mmm” sounds then escape the table as quickly as possible. 

End product: Out of the oven, the quiche looks attractive with 'a beautiful golden top and crust' CREDIT: Clara Molden

The quiche fairs a bit better with my friends and neighbours. “I really like that it’s vegetarian and uses British seasonal vegetables,” says my friend Rose, “and it’s lovely and light and just right for this time of year.” 

Georgette enjoys it too. “It is nice,” she says, “but I’m just not a fan of tarragon. I’d make it and leave the tarragon out, though it definitely needs some herbs.” Teresa agrees and says she’d like to give it a go too but admits “I'll be buying the pastry.”

I’m expecting to see a fair few Coronation Quiches up and down our road on the big day, but whether it’ll be joining the ranks as a classic royal recipe, we’ll have to wait and see.

And the scores on the second link were very favourable from 8/10 to 10/10.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

12 minutes ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

And the scores on the second link were very favourable from 8/10 to 10/10.

Pretty good. I don't think Martha Stewart's recipes get these kinds of ratings. It seems to be viewed as vegetarian but I would think the use of lard would disqualify it.

Edited by dmwalker

Dugald Walker