Sign in to follow this  
Noooch

Transall C-160 by AzurPoly out!

Let's go landing on beaches, the perfect plane for MSFS is out on the Marketplace!

• Like 8

This looks great, with some excellent features.  The bar has really been raised recently. 
AzurPoly made a really good job of the Fouga Magister, and this looks even better.  

I seem to remember these moving about in Air France colours at Orly Airport many years ago.
I think I will buy it and get those Rolls Royce Tynes fired up!

Edited by bobcat999

Call me Bob or Rob, I don't mind, but I prefer Rob.

I like to trick airline passengers into thinking I have my own swimming pool in my back yard by painting a large blue rectangle on my patio.

Intel 14900K in a Z790 motherboard with water cooling, RTX 4080, 32 GB 6000 CL30 DDR5 RAM, W11 and MSFS on Samsung 980 Pro NVME SSD's.  Core Isolation Off, Game Mode Off.

As a young child living in Berlin in the 70s , we once took a Transall with the school for a « green class » from there to Normandie  what an adventure it was for us!

Will buy it only because of the memories it brings back. Thank you Azurpoly !

Edited by webstef68
  • Like 1

Kind of funny how all these recent planes come with fully working EFBs, while other "established" developers can't seem to get a handle on this. 

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Ricardo41 said:

Kind of funny how all these recent planes come with fully working EFBs, while other "established" developers can't seem to get a handle on this. 

Maybe the nature of technical debt when you bring planes over from other sims rather than creating from scratch ?

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

43 minutes ago, Ricardo41 said:

We're talking about two different things.

All I saw from the video linked was a visual model management aspect to the "EFB."

The other "established" developer you're bringing up, offtopic, would be pilloried if their first iteration doesn't have SimBrief integration, Navigraph Charts integration, takeoff and landing performance calculations, and a coterie of other features that the community is assuming have always been standard.

Not defending them, but we have to be making fair comparisons here, and this doesn't seem like one.

Edited by mspencer
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 4

I've always wanted a decent C-160, defiantly one of my favourite military transports. Would be nice if they could also do a "civilianized" variant with a GTN750 onboard as it would defiantly make a great bush aircraft.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

I've read the manual, and I'm a little unsure about whether the Transall will intercept and hold a VOR radial. It also mentions TACAN - is the aircraft equipped to use TACAN for more than just distance measuring ?

I'd be grateful for any info.

Surely not everybody was kung fu fighting.

https://rationalwiki.org

2 hours ago, mspencer said:

All I saw from the video linked was a visual model management aspect to the "EFB.

Exactly, I get so tired of devs and users not distinguishing between what is simply a tablet used to open and close doors vs. something that integrates with Navigraph and has performance data. They are wildly different in terms of complexity.

• Upvote 3

3 hours ago, Ricardo41 said:

I give you 'A' for effort!

• Like 4
  • Upvote 1

Richard

7950x3d   |   32Gb 6000mHz RAM   |   8Tb NVme   |   RTX 4090    |    MSFS    |    P3D    |      XP12  

2 hours ago, Paul K said:

I've read the manual, and I'm a little unsure about whether the Transall will intercept and hold a VOR radial. It also mentions TACAN - is the aircraft equipped to use TACAN for more than just distance measuring ?

I'd be grateful for any info.

At the moment the main nav instruments (EHSI and BDHI) will display data from VOR and ADF radios but I cannot get the AP to fly a VOR radial at  the moment only follow the heading bug.

As while there support for TACAN on the instruments I cannot work out how to enter a TACAN channel in the NAV radio so I can't get that to work for either distance or bearing.

(It's worth pointing out that despite these limitations I really like what there is here and if Azurpoly and build it out from here a decent pace it could end up being really quite impressive).

[As a note I REALLY wish Azurpoly had a comms channel other than facebook where these issues could be raised and discussed]

• Like 2

@Matchstick thanks very much for the info. I might hold off until the promised further development becomes a reality. It is a thing of beauty, however, so it'll be hard to resist.

Surely not everybody was kung fu fighting.

https://rationalwiki.org

30 minutes ago, Paul K said:

@Matchstick thanks very much for the info. I might hold off until the promised further development becomes a reality. It is a thing of beauty, however, so it'll be hard to resist.

But... but.. but.. It's got an EFB?! Isn't that the most important thing of all?!

/Sarcasm off.

• Like 5

Richard

7950x3d   |   32Gb 6000mHz RAM   |   8Tb NVme   |   RTX 4090    |    MSFS    |    P3D    |      XP12  

Deleted.

Edited by Fiorentoni

The JF Hawk has had TACAN beacon support for distance since release I think and I believe full TACAN support came in with the F/A-18E.
But without knowing out how (or even if) TACAN channels are set up in the C-160 I can't test it.