Very good news indeed!

Edited by MrBitstFlyer
  • Like 5
  • Upvote 2

Intel i9-10900K @ 5.1Ghz,  Nvidia 2080ti 11Gb, 32Gb Ram, Samsung Odyssey G7 HDR 600 27inch Monitor 2560x1440, Windows 11 Home

Great news!

• Like 2

"The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is hard to verify their authenticity." [Abraham Lincoln]

And it just keeps getting better.  Good job.  Much of this is better than my other sim.

However, we are still on our own with respect to ortho quality land textures and associated overlays.  For me, a GA guy, I need to have this to enjoy the out the window experience.  Fortunately, there are many sources and my own to fill this gap.

Cheers.

• Like 2

Bryan Wallis aka "fltsimguy"

Maple Bay, British Columbia

Near CAM3

No mention of improving auto gen 😔

System Spec 1: Nvidia RTX 4090,  AMD Ryzen 9 7950X3D, Res 5120x1440, HP Reverb G2
System Spec 2: AMD Radeon RX 7900XT, Intel I-9 9990K, Res 3840x1080, HP Reverb G2

Very good news, I already uninstalled MSFS yesterday to save space and I installed all the United States Ortho of Verticalsim + SimHeaven World-America.

It does a lot of good!!! I found the pleasure of flying again and the sensations are incredible!.

XP12 is going to be amazing that's for sure.

Erq9fxq.jpg

• Like 6
  • Upvote 1

CORSAIR 4000 AIRFLOW (WHITE) / RYZEN 5800X3D / ASUS TUF GAMING B550-PLUS / ARTIC LIQUID FREEZERII 240 / 32 GO DDR4 3200 KINGSTON FURY / MSI RTX4090 VENTUS 3X 24G OC / KINGSTON NV1 NVME 2 TO / BE QUIET PURE POWER 11FM  1000W 80PLUS GOLD / SAMSUNG NEO QLED 43" 4K.

This is looking very good now ! I love the new clouds.

Concerning the ortho scenery, for the moment I have only the TrueEarth Washington by OrbX. However, on my computer the loading time to reach the cockpit takes a very long time. I don't remember XP11 load times being that long... Is it normal or did I miss a setting somewhere ?

XP12 process and folder is already added as exclusion from my antivirus, and it's on a SSD. Not sure what's going on there...

1 hour ago, filou said:

[...] Very good news, I already uninstalled MSFS yesterday to save space [...]

Congratulations for a good decision 😉 !

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

Wish they would add internal render scaling, as a stop-gap solution to iffy anti-aliasing, so I don't have to mess around with external solutions.

Asus TUF X670E-PLUS | 7800X3D | G.Skill 32GB DDR @ CL30 6000MHz | RTX 4090 Founders Edition (Undervolted) | WD SNX 850X 2TB + 4TB + 4TB

4 hours ago, Daube said:

.... However, on my computer the loading time to reach the cockpit takes a very long time. I don't remember XP11 load times being that long......

Unfortunately, I experience this too.
I don't know what exactly causes the problem. This situation is completely random.
Some locations load in normal time, and sometimes Xp12 takes a very, very, very long time to load (not an airport scenery issue, but ortho)

• Like 1

This lighting! so good!!!!!!!!

sYc1fB0.jpg

• Like 7

CORSAIR 4000 AIRFLOW (WHITE) / RYZEN 5800X3D / ASUS TUF GAMING B550-PLUS / ARTIC LIQUID FREEZERII 240 / 32 GO DDR4 3200 KINGSTON FURY / MSI RTX4090 VENTUS 3X 24G OC / KINGSTON NV1 NVME 2 TO / BE QUIET PURE POWER 11FM  1000W 80PLUS GOLD / SAMSUNG NEO QLED 43" 4K.

I'm happy to see cloud improvements coming... they currently lack details when close.  I see they have also achieved some sort of cirrus variation using this cloud method.

And for the future improved lighting specifically with sky exposure.  In the daytime it looks decent enough, but sunset/sunrise yield some really odd combos.  And something they call Water Mixed Render Targets...basically you won't be able to see your floats as clearly in all water types.

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

On 5/9/2023 at 6:24 AM, Sethos said:

Wish they would add internal render scaling, as a stop-gap solution to iffy anti-aliasing, so I don't have to mess around with external solutions.

I meant to allow thumbs up this post.  It still feels like the devs don't see any issue or they don't know yet how to address it.

• Like 1

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |