Sign in to follow this  
CornishCracker

Aircraft & Avionics Update 2 Beta Release Notes [1.33.3.0]

9 minutes ago, abennett said:

How is the aircraft loaded with fuel and payload? 

you have to use the default sim weight and balance window to set them.

Edited by Tuskin38
  • Like 1

So what is the verdict on the 787 in AAU2? Better or worse than the Quality Wings 787?

Edited by abrams_tank

i5-12400, RTX 3060 Ti, 32 GB RAM

37 minutes ago, abrams_tank said:

So what is the verdict on the 787 in AAU2? Better or worse than the Quality Wings 787?

Judging by first impressions here, I don’t do beta’s so won’t fly her until late June, seems she is better than QW. 

• Like 1

Eric 

38 minutes ago, abrams_tank said:

Well given there isn’t a Quality Wings in the sim would have to be better!!

in all seriousness, just taken it on a quick spin, not bad for free. Lots of bugs, and not close to what I would expect from a payware product, (I know it isn’t one, but just as a comparison to PMDG level). But it’s the first release, I’m sure they will fix things. Have a lot of respect for WT. But for me, at the moment, not good enough quality to use.

26 minutes ago, abennett said:

not bad for free

Ouch. Care to run down the things you ran into and felt were missing? Always looking for feedback not to evaporate into the ether if possible. 🙂

Edited by MattNischan
  • Like 12
  • Upvote 2

1 hour ago, MattNischan said:

Ouch. Care to run down the things you ran into and felt were missing? Always looking for feedback not to evaporate into the ether if possible. 🙂

I'm really looking forward to his assessment too. He did look at this thread 20 mins ago. Maybe he's putting his notes together.

• Like 1

5800X3D. 32 GB RAM. 1TB SATA SSD. 3TB HDD. RTX 3070 Ti.

8 minutes ago, badgenes said:

Once more: Anyone know how to turn on the EFB?

There is no EFB presently available on either aircraft. We are hoping to have the time to add one for perf planning only on the 78, but it isn't guaranteed. We have no plans for an EFB on the 74.

• Like 5
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, abennett said:

Better or worse than the Quality Wings 787?

2 hours ago, abennett said:

Well given there isn’t a Quality Wings in the sim would have to be better!!

People compare this plane to its similar payware in p3d QW 787, which is clear that there is no comparison.

My question is: Is this option better or worse compared to Heavy Division B787 ?
Thanks in advance for your comments.

3 hours ago, abennett said:

Lots of bugs

what bugs? --> and did you report those to WT on Discord?

Edited by Ricardo41
  • Like 2

This is a fantastic start.

On a side note, I can't figure out how to engage autothrottle on takeoff roll. Is there a PMDG-esque button somewhere you can toggle?

4 minutes ago, nikolajz1 said:

This is a fantastic start.

On a side note, I can't figure out how to engage autothrottle on takeoff roll. Is there a PMDG-esque button somewhere you can toggle?

Are you talking about those two flip switches up by the IAS selection?

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

4 hours ago, abrams_tank said:

QW 787 definitely had more features, like a VSD and their airport map on the ND was closer to the actual plane. With that being said, this is surely a welcomed update and I think it’s very good. I imagine the WT team will continue to update it, but for a first round update, it makes this plane way more enjoyable.

• Like 1

Hi guys 

Thanks to all comments about the 787 and 747, very informative and all sounds very good to me so it seems WT did another beautiful job here.

And now the time until the official release ( late June ) feels like ages to me..🤪

cheers 😉

My Rig : Intel I7-7820X 8 Core ( 16 Threads ) @ 4,0, ASUS Prime X299 A II,  64 GB 3600-17 Trident Z, 750W Corsair CX750 80+ Bronze,  MSI 8GB RTX 2080 Super Ventus XS OC, WD 4TB and WD 6TB 7200 HD,  Win10 V.21H2, in use 3x 4K monitors 2x32 Samsung 1x27 LG  3840x2160.

spacer.png

I’m a little confused reading some messages.

Someone is comparing 787 e 747 with something that is not in the sim yet. Really?

The only comparison allowed is the standard old version against the WT version.

the verdict is: WOW!! 

An incredible improvement for free!THANK YOU.

• Like 6