Sign in to follow this  
Mets737

ORBX EGLC London City v2 RELEASED!

Will version 2 suffer in fps compare to version 1 ?

System: I ASRock X670E | AMD 7800X3D | 32Gb DDR5 6000 | RTX 4090 | 2TB NVMe | LG Ultra Gear 34* UW |

22 minutes ago, Ixoye said:

Will version 2 suffer in fps compare to version 1 ?

It's actually a little better for me. 

• Like 2

i9-12900K - Maximus Z690 Hero - Asus Strix 3090 - 32GB DDR5 - 1200W HX - H150i ELITE LCD - 980 Pro / Firecuda 530 - HOTAS Warthog

9 hours ago, KL Oo said:

On his website (https://www.virtualairlinepilot.org/about-me-1) he details his life as a Private Pilot and then a commercial pilot...but both seem to involve little more than PC Simulators....

To clarify, he is talking about stages of his sim career. There is zero mention of real flying.

What is more important though is - why does he have a sink in his sim pit? I have yoke, throttle and rudder pedals and thought I was well set up. But apparently you need a sink as well these days. What sort of sink are people installing? Mods, if this question belongs in the hardware forum, feel free to move it.

• Like 2

Oz

xdQCeNi.jpg   puHyX98.jpg

Sim Rig: MSI RTX3090 Suprim, an old, partly-melted Intel 9900K @ 5GHz+, Honeycomb Alpha, Thrustmaster TPR Rudder, Warthog HOTAS, Reverb G2, Prosim 737 cockpit. 

Currently flying: MSFS: PMDG 737-700, Fenix A320, Leonardo MD-82, MIlviz C310, Flysimware C414AW, DC Concorde, Carenado C337. Prepar3d v5: PMDG 737/747/777.

"There are three simple rules for making a smooth landing. Unfortunately, no one knows what they are."

Just upgraded. 

It is different than before. I wouldn't call it strikingly better. 

They could've upgraded V1's basic reality for free which wouldn't take more than a handful of hours and would require little to no extra modelling. But you don't get the bucks.

The discount is far more generous, but as with Dublin to pay again for a much-touted upgrade I'd expect the quality to go from Orbx bone idle port level to Pyreegue-esque. And that's not the case for either. But V1 was better than plenty of the Orbx stuff. 

Orbx's extra buildings surrounding it are a fine addition, but if I were buying cold I would save myself a few gigabytes and go UK2000. Unless I was obsessed with reality V1 would do me absolutely fine as well. 

Edited by superspud
  • Like 4

16 hours ago, OzWhitey said:

why does he have a sink in his sim pit?

It's obvious, surely? MSFS makes your hardware run hot so it must be a heat sink!😉

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

OS:     Win11 Home; Mobo: Asus TUF Gaming Z690-Plus WiFi D4; CPU: Intel i5-12400 (Alder Lake) 4.4 GHz
RAM: Corsair Vengeance DDR4 64Gb (4x16GB) 3600 MHz; GPU:  MSI Radeon RX 5700XT [8GB] 
SSD:  Corsair Force MP510 (for OS);  2x 1TB & 1x 2TB Sabrent Rocket Nvme PCIe 4.0 (one for sim, two for addons)
HDD:  Seagate 3TB (Data); Seagate 1TB (Programs), ASUS TUF Gaming VG32VQ1B Curved 31.5" monitor, 1440p, 38Mbs ethernet 

Fulcrum One Yoke, Honeycomb Bravo throttle, Thrustmaster Airbus TCA sidestick & throttle, Logitech Pro pedals, Xbox wireless gamepad (1st gen)

12 hours ago, superspud said:

They could've upgraded V1's basic reality for free which wouldn't take more than a handful of hours and would require little to no extra modelling.

"They could've" done nothing at all and then it would have taken "no extra modelling".
I can see why developers must despair that whatever they do, there is always someone waiting in the wings to shoot their efforts down.

4 hours ago, Reader said:

"They could've" done nothing at all and then it would have taken "no extra modelling".
I can see why developers must despair that whatever they do, there is always someone waiting in the wings to shoot their efforts down.

If you take money off people who you've already taken money off for the same location, and especially when this is much more of an update and basically not in any way an upgrade beyond reflecting a change in reality, then expect to be prodded somewhat. 

This is only the second time a scenery update has been charged for as far as I know. In both cases it ain't worth the extra. At least it's less this time.

It has been a very long time and they could've ignored it completely, but a renewal of any type would've made for a nice marketing push to freshen it in minds. It's a famous airport. 

Edited by superspud
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

I bought V2 but I have to say it's VERY underwhelming. Fortunately it only cost around 5 Bucks. The taxiway center lines look as though someone forgot to include the highres texture - they're terrible, jaggedy nasty looking things. Black/gray dead windows is really a turn-off in MSFS - there is so much that can be done to make them look realistic without including a full interior, but no, not here, just P3D looking windows.

There are a lot of developers producing some really nice scenery, but Orbx seems to have decided they want to be on the low-end...which is fine, it's just that I will be taking a very critical look before I buy anymore of their stuff.

• Like 2

Steven_Miller.png?dl=1

i7-6700k Gigabyte GA-Z170X-UD5 32GB DDR4 2666 EVGA FTW ULTRA RTX3080 12GB

For the price I think it’s okay. I would have wished fully modelled interior and animated DLR trains, but overall I can live with this version.

Now all I need is an A318 or 220 to land there. For now I just ignore restrictions and use the Fenix, but it‘d be nice if I didn‘t have to resort to illegal practices.

i9-11900K, RTX 4090, 32 GB ram, Honeycomb Alpha and Bravo, TCA Airbus sidestick and quadrant, Reverb G2

I'm getting a CTD (crash to desktop) with Orbx EGLC v2 with nothing in the Community folder and after deleting rolling cache and re-starting steam based MSFS 1.32.70. Orbx EGLC Version 1 runs fine. I'm using nVidia v526.98 and WU 13.

I opened a ticket with Orbx tech support and still waiting for a reply. Is anyone else having this issue?

Hardware: i7-8700k, GTX 1070-ti, 32GB ram, NVMe/SSD drives with lots of free space.
Software: latest Windows 10 Pro, P3Dv4.5+, FSX Steam, and lots of addons (100+ mostly Orbx stuff).

Pilotfly.gif?raw=1

21 hours ago, superspud said:

If you take money off people who you've already taken money off for the same location, and especially when this is much more of an update and basically not in any way an upgrade beyond reflecting a change in reality, then expect to be prodded somewhat. 

This is only the second time a scenery update has been charged for as far as I know. In both cases it ain't worth the extra. At least it's less this time.

It has been a very long time and they could've ignored it completely, but a renewal of any type would've made for a nice marketing push to freshen it in minds. It's a famous airport. 

We are going to see much more of this V2 for a price thing, As fewer and fewer popular airports are available for development because there's no existing payware then it's logical for the devs to try and get revenue from a V2. 

3 hours ago, jarmstro said:

We are going to see much more of this V2 for a price thing, As fewer and fewer popular airports are available for development because there's no existing payware then it's logical for the devs to try and get revenue from a V2. 

There's a limited set of circumstances where you can try it. Airports don't change all that often. 

Unless you simply say 'Hey, our previous iteration was rubbish. Buy this better one.'

Someone like Pyreegue could slowly replace everything made by others and people would buy it so they can chug forever. If you're middling then your options are a bit more limited. 

If there was a way of streaming heavy duty third party scenery I expect many would pay an ongoing subscription for a large library of it, but there isn't. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, superspud said:

Unless you simply say 'Hey, our previous iteration was rubbish. Buy this better one.'

It's not so much that they are rubbish. A lot of the early airports were fairly simple as devs rushed to coin in. There is a lot of scope to improve them by adding detail and effects. The ones with no perimeter fencing really get to me. It wouldn't surprise me if we get an OrbX EGLC V3, this time with a properly modelled and detailed terminal.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, jarmstro said:

It's not so much that they are rubbish. A lot of the early airports were fairly simple as devs rushed to coin in. There is a lot of scope to improve them by adding detail and effects. The ones with no perimeter fencing really get to me. It wouldn't surprise me if we get an OrbX EGLC V3, this time with a properly modelled and detailed terminal.

I WON'T be buying that one.

Steven_Miller.png?dl=1

i7-6700k Gigabyte GA-Z170X-UD5 32GB DDR4 2666 EVGA FTW ULTRA RTX3080 12GB