Sign in to follow this  
ttbq1

P3D V5.4 is available

2 hours ago, JRMurray said:

I used OpusFSX (now OpusFSI) in FSX (IIRC) and ultimately moved on to EZCA and then ChasePlane in P3D. Does OpusFSI work in v5.4? I've checked the Opus website, but it simply mentions "v4+" as a requirement for OpusFSI v6

Actually it is P3Dv5 compatible.  I just checked their website to see what it offers since I never heard of it before and found this

New 64-bit OpusFSI v6 (for P3D v4.5+ and v5)

It's also on sale right now  http://www.opussoftware.co.uk/opusfsi.htm

Edited by Kalnon

27 minutes ago, Kalnon said:

Actually it is P3Dv5 compatible.  I just checked their website to see what it offers since I never heard of it before and found this

New 64-bit OpusFSI v6 (for P3D v4.5+ and v5)

It's also on sale right now  http://www.opussoftware.co.uk/opusfsi.htm

Looks like those guys are reading this thread.  I have opusfsx for fsx/p3d (32bit) and will get v6 plus msfs one as it is on sale.

Edited by Skywolf

Active Pattern: MSFS2020 | In Long term Storage: Prepar3d  

How I Evaluate Third Party Sim Addon Developers

Refined P3Dv5.0 HF2 Settings Part1 (has MaddogX) and older thread Part 2 (has PMDG 747)

6 hours ago, Skywolf said:

Looks like those guys are reading this thread.  I have opusfsx for fsx/p3d (32bit) and will get v6 plus msfs one as it is on sale.

I'm going to get v6 first and see how I like it.  I never heard of it before and it sounds awesome.  All the features sound cool but I'm especially interested in the head movement feature.  I use A2A Accu-Feel which does improve the way you "feel" the airplane and I'm wondering if this is better.

7 hours ago, Skywolf said:

From what I have read, OpusFSI is primarily a 'weather machine' !?

The question is:
is the 'weather engine' compatible at all with all addons (FSLABS,MAJESTIC,PMDG, LEONARDO,...) !?
Can the respective weather radar display the data from OpusFSI at all ?

Are EA and Volumetric Clouds supported ?

I think the change is not that easy - or can the 'weather engine' be deactivated ?
You see: Questions about questions 😉

Can someone answer this !

regards

ggerolamo

kind regards, ggerolamo

spacer.png                       spacer.png

25 minutes ago, ggerolamo said:

From what I have read, OpusFSI is primarily a 'weather machine' !?

The question is:
is the 'weather engine' compatible at all with all addons (FSLABS,MAJESTIC,PMDG, LEONARDO,...) !?
Can the respective weather radar display the data from OpusFSI at all ?

Are EA and Volumetric Clouds supported ?

I think the change is not that easy - or can the 'weather engine' be deactivated ?
You see: Questions about questions 😉

Can someone answer this !

regards

ggerolamo

Good questions indeed.  It doesn't say in the description what it's compatible or not compatible with.  I need to know if it will work with REX Skyforce textures and with EA turned on as well as the radar issue.  I'm sure it likely can be deactivated though, would be a bad idea not to have an off button for people that don't want the weather engine feature.  Could always shoot the developers an email with those questions though, I see they have a Contact Us page so I will probably do that.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

guys, tell me why is anybody still using P3D in year 3 after MSFS, except for multi-monitor support, some specific aircraft that might only be available for P3D or historic weather? performance wise I am seeing ca. 70 fps with most settings at Max at 4K in both sims, (MSFS even twice that with NVidia FrameGeneration enabled), especially since P3D comes with nearly no useful GA or airliner aircraft.

AMD 7800X3D, Windows 11, Gigabyte X670 AORUS Elite AX Motherboard, 64GB DDR5 G.SKILL Trident Z5 NEO RGB (AMD Expo), RTX 4090,  Samsung 980 PRO M.2 NVMe SSD 2 TB PCIe 4.0, Samsung 980 PRO M.2 NVMe SSD 1 TB PCIe 4.0, 4K resolution 50" TV @60Hz, HP Reverb G2 VR headset @ 90 Hz, Honeycomb Aeronautical Bravo Throttle Quadrant, be quiet 1000W PSU, Noctua NH-U12S chromax.black air cooler.

60-130 fps. no CPU overclocking.

very nice.

Oh God....

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

12400F - 32GB DDR4 - RTX4070 - 1440p G-Sync UltraWide - Sennheiser GSX 1000 - O11 Air Mini - 1TB NVMe + 2TB SSD - Windows 11 Pro - MSFS

1 minute ago, turbomax said:

guys, tell me why is anybody still using P3D in year 3 after MSFS, except for multi-monitor support, some specific aircraft that might only be available for P3D or historic weather? performance wise I am seeing ca. 70 fps with most settings at Max at 4K in both sims, (MSFS even twice that with NVidia FrameGeneration enabled), especially since P3D comes with nearly no useful GA or airliner aircraft.

This is unfortunately the wrong thread for this !
Please read Topic !

• Like 1

kind regards, ggerolamo

spacer.png                       spacer.png

11 minutes ago, ggerolamo said:

This is unfortunately the wrong thread for this !

understood. frequency change.

• Like 1

AMD 7800X3D, Windows 11, Gigabyte X670 AORUS Elite AX Motherboard, 64GB DDR5 G.SKILL Trident Z5 NEO RGB (AMD Expo), RTX 4090,  Samsung 980 PRO M.2 NVMe SSD 2 TB PCIe 4.0, Samsung 980 PRO M.2 NVMe SSD 1 TB PCIe 4.0, 4K resolution 50" TV @60Hz, HP Reverb G2 VR headset @ 90 Hz, Honeycomb Aeronautical Bravo Throttle Quadrant, be quiet 1000W PSU, Noctua NH-U12S chromax.black air cooler.

very nice.

2 hours ago, turbomax said:

There is a lot of reasons some people prefer P3D over MSFS.  I don't think MSFS users will ever understand what  an experience P3Dv5 can be once it's set up the right way and you have the right aircraft installed.  I use both but I like P3D better and use it much more often than MSFS now that I finally have it set up the way that I want.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

41 minutes ago, Kalnon said:

I don't think MSFS users will ever understand what  an experience P3Dv5 can be once it's set up the right way

I think most MSFS users came from P3Dv5 and therefore know it quite well.

• Upvote 1

very nice.

4 hours ago, turbomax said:

guys, tell me why is anybody still using P3D in year 3 after MSFS, 

Because I cannot afford to spend another large sum of money on replacing everything I already have. (And that works well for me).

Happy?

• Like 4
  • Upvote 1

Intel i7 6700K @4.3. 32gb Gskill 3200 RAM. Z170x Gigabyte m/b. 28" LG HD monitor. Win 10 Home. 500g Samsung 960 as Windows home. 1 Gb Mushkin SSD for P3D. GTX 1080 8gb.

@turbomax, you have started a separate topic about why people prefer P3D so no more about comparisons in this topic dedicated to P3D v5.4. 

• Like 1

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

1 minute ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

so no more about comparisons in this topic dedicated to P3D v5.4. 

I replied to other posts that mentioned MSFS. But I comply and am over and out in the other thread.

very nice.

4 hours ago, turbomax said:

I was going to explain why, but then I thought.....why should I? I have my reasons for sticking with P3Dv4.5HF2 at this moment in time, and that is all that you need to know. I may see you one day in the warm and fluffy world of Microsoft Flight Simulator, but until then I bid you good fortune! :smile:

• Like 1

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png