Sign in to follow this  
Geofa

FS11 Wish List

Guest tmholopa

ACES you should add support for available features and beyond and ADDON DEVELOPERS can implement them like:- ai road traffic with 3d lights- ai traffic with 3d lights- customiced textures for road, 3d humans(different skin colour etc.) and ai traffic by country- textures by country level (ground etc.)- better detail in landclass engine like 50 meters or so- dynamic lighting (HDR real-time)- God rays- cloud shadows- volumetric clouds, rain and snow- water on runways and snow piling on runways- grass autogen - autogen buildings with 3d lighting - ATC customisation- 3d people at airports- SLOPED RUNWAYS!!!!!!!!!!- 3d animals in the forests and birds flying around- customisable dynamics for planes- real-time support for downloadable content like (Virtual Earth textures)- autogen on photobased textures- OPEN CODE............ hehehehehehe...so that addon developers can add features and optimise the code- real-time weather addons ( correct wind shifts, haze-layer etc.)- differents textures for stormy clouds etc.- water waves moving direction with real-time wind- swaying autogen trees- ai ships with customisable timetable- more ai ships- 3d humans walking on the ground (autogen)- GET RID OF BLURRINESS AT JET SPEEDS- 3d water drops on the windshield- icing (3d and and affecting flight dynamics)- SMALLER AUTOGEN (FSX autogen is too big)- make the runways slippery when raining or snowing- GET RID OF BUGS - customisable failures wear and tear.- customisable textures by airport (runways, taxiways)- forest fires and volumetric smoke- tornados with realtime physics- flooding of rivers - realtime seasonal texture changes on country level- 3d rowing boats on lakes- different water color on lakes, oceans, rivers like WATERCLASS every water looks the way its in real life.- different wave patterns in ocean and lakes (YES THIS IS IMPORTANT)- volumetric fog- jet blasts in 3d- 3d heat blurriness- more animation with airport vehicles (3d humans working etc.)- 3d cars on parking lots- 3d grain and cattle on the fields (autogen)- all FSX features of courseHERE ARE THE FEATURES I LIKE TO SEE ADDON DEVELOPERS ABLE TO IMPLEMENT WITH FS11 (maybe more)thank you

"I think by now Aces team has got really lot of experience, some of which they have got hard way. I believe they are now ready to make a perfect release - FS11. After releasing this sp2, I whish they won't spent more time and effort on sp3,4 etc. Instead they should take a nice long vacation, and then start to work, so that some two years from now we can enjoy in a fs-masterpiece.On the wish list is certainly decent performance (this fsx performance affair shouldnt happen again), and a few others already mentioned so many times:- good flight planner- atc with sid/star (I understand Vista has a new voice reckognition system, so why not get some use of it? It would be nice not to depend on Vatsim-equipped areas for real atc.)- improvements in flight modelWith all respect, adding too many default aircraft is not so necessary. Serious simmers will anyway concentrate on add-ons from their favorite developers. And I personally don't care too much for bugs on the windshield, train simulator integrations, visual damage, bombs and I don't know what else I've been reading here about. Seems I'm getting too old for these things. Not worth programming efforts.And this idea about two versions mentioned in a previous post I've been advocating for years. There should be a simple $30 FS for people who enjoy to just give full trottle, make loops and run into the mountain, and a "good" serious sim for which I would be ready to hand out, say $2-300.Thank you"I agree with you that it would probably make more sense for microsoft to leave out the commercial planes for pay ware developers but I think Microsoft needs to be the ones doing bush planes, helis, etc. Because its rare to find a good pay ware rendition of a chopper (civilian at least) or bush plane.

Guest stesoell

Wish? Hmmm.Built from Scratch. Drop all backwards compatibility. ;-)

It has been mentioned, but I'll chime in anyhow...1) Overcast cloud layers which cover the sky (FS2000 and FS98 had it)

Jeff Bea

I am an avid globetrotter with my trusty Lufthansa B777F, Polar Air Cargo B744F, and Atlas Air B748F.

Guest UlfB

Hi all,Sorry if I overlap a lot of other wishes in this thread, but here are mine.1. Redesigned graphics engine and new settings in FSX to balance the refresh rate of gauges, scenery textures, autogen and such. I don't want autogen to suddenly pop up when flying. I would like to see sharper textures at distance in front of the aircraft. I don't mind if the textures behind the aircraft looks like crap in the distance.2. Better and more realistic ATC/AI based on a SID/STAR database that's easy to customize.3. Better installer and a fool proof registration/validation system. I don't want to experience the same trouble with the 1772 error and reinstall.Finally a wish concerning Vista. I would like a Vista Advanced Gamer Edition, with all fancy stuff disabled at setup. All security settings should be set to suite advanced pc users, that is full authority to modify settings and files on the system.Ulf B :-)

I'd love to see, among other things like better performance, an advanced ATC system instead of numerous bland default aircraft with extremely basic systems and tons of missing features.examples: the use of SID/STARS by AI aircraft, holding patterns, all directed by ATC. the ability to change to different headings, nav points, by request from ATC, to be vectored away from bad weather, better handling of overloads of ai traffic especially in big cities, the ability to have ai aircraft fly true to life flight plans instead of direct-to plans, better handling of different areas minimum altitudes and baro settings, etc

Guest grapesh

Ok, I'll bite too. Apart from purely technical issues like FPS, graphics etc, I was musing about different paradigm for MSFS in similar post dedicated to FS10. So here it goes:IMHO, the best approach is to have a MODULAR/LAYERED STRUCTURE with base platform for your virtual world as a separate product, and whatever addons you want to fly/drive/walk etc within that world. In such a way: (a) the user can highly customize his virtual world to satisfy his own cravings for realism, and we know one man's realism is another man's arcade, right, Geofa? :-); (:( the developers including third-party and DIY can contribute to the aspects they are experts in, some will focus on virtual world model, atmosphere, weather, rivers, etc, while others will do ATC, FD, FMC, aircraft, airports, etc. © Microsoft could then develop tons of addon simulators for the same virtual world, including Civilian Flight Simulator by ACES (well, that's already done :-)), Combat Flight Simulator (that was also done too), Sailing, Trains (so Tdragger can safely return to the world he left behind :-) ), whatever else, and make tons of money on targeting different gaming hobbies. The improvement of the base virtual world also leaves a vast room for targeted addons such as weather, terrain, scenery, etc. Actually, this virtual world can be also used as a base visualization platform for non-gaming activities such as TV, search/rescue, municipal planning, cinematography and science, so here you go with a demand for professional grade (and more expensive) addons.(d) The modular structure : should be computationally distributable, so the multi-core machines, GPUs, APUs, and home clusters could take advantage of it. So, the end-user could build up complexity of his system according to his computational capabilities. In High Performance Computing (HPC) world, people just add more CPU nodes to their clusters according to their needs, instead of constantly upgrading their systems. Microsoft lags behind unix-like systems in the HPC world, but whoever takes the lead in developing scalable distributed algorithms for interactive gaming applications is going to be a big winner! Apple has X-Grid program that can link all your old Macs at home into a cluster for distributed computations. Microsoft should do similar thing so we could use our old PCs to get additional power for any interactive applications including such multi-threadable things like flight simulators. (e) The layered structure : user should be free to add/remove things into the world. For instance, I'd like to remove all roads to experience early cross-country flights with celestial navigation instead of GPS and pristine meadows instead of runways.(d) Truly 4D world: every man-made object should have its lifespan. This will help reconstruct historical scenery and flights, retro airlines with realistic time tables, again, early aviation days of flying without navaids etc. Wouldn't it be nice to dial some historical date in FSX and actually start the flight in the environment that corresponds to that time, including infrastructure, architecture, type of AI aircraft, AI schedules, etc.We see some of layered structures in other products such as Google Earth and Microsoft's own Virtual Earth, it is just a matter of someone's initiative to make the FSX world a backbone for a leading visualizing/simulating/gaming franchise. Everyone would benefit from that, -- flight realism fanatics, weather junkies, eye candy lovers, -- given that the system is open-ended and any expert can contribute, for the cost of addon, or as a freeware.I expect comments like "ACES should focus on ATC/AI/ground effect instead of writing something for Sail Simulator". I fully agree with that, but they already done this incredible global 3D world that we all want to make even better so the next logical step is to let them focus on flying aspects and let experts in graphics, digital elevations, weather work on realism of the environment. And this would be the most attractive virtual world so why not share it with other simulations. Imagine next gen multiplayer and multisimulator sessions!uhhh, so much typing... :-)Cheers!=S.V.=eMachines T5026/P4/3.07GHz/1Gb RAM/160Gb S-ATA HDD/Windows XP Home SP2/ATI RADEON 9250 PCI 256Mb/ViewSonic VX910 19' 1280x1024/Microsoft SideWinder Force Feedback 2

Since Alpha Fade didn't make it to SPS, I want to add this feature to the list.

Guest EvilNando

>Ok, I'll bite too. Apart from purely technical issues like>FPS, graphics etc, I was musing about different paradigm for>MSFS in similar post dedicated to FS10. So here it goes:>>IMHO, the best approach is to have a MODULAR/LAYERED STRUCTURE>with base platform for your virtual world as a separate>product, and whatever addons you want to fly/drive/walk etc>within that world. In such a way: >>(a) the user can highly customize his virtual world to satisfy>his own cravings for realism, and we know one man's realism is>another man's arcade, right, Geofa? :-); >>(:( the developers including third-party and DIY can>contribute to the aspects they are experts in, some will focus>on virtual world model, atmosphere, weather, rivers, etc,>while others will do ATC, FD, FMC, aircraft, airports, etc. >>© Microsoft could then develop tons of addon simulators for>the same virtual world, including Civilian Flight Simulator by>ACES (well, that's already done :-)), Combat Flight Simulator>(that was also done too), Sailing, Trains (so Tdragger can>safely return to the world he left behind :-) ), whatever>else, and make tons of money on targeting different gaming>hobbies. The improvement of the base virtual world also leaves>a vast room for targeted addons such as weather, terrain,>scenery, etc. Actually, this virtual world can be also used as>a base visualization platform for non-gaming activities such>as TV, search/rescue, municipal planning, cinematography and>science, so here you go with a demand for professional grade>(and more expensive) addons.>>(d) The modular structure : should be computationally>distributable, so the multi-core machines, GPUs, APUs, and>home clusters could take advantage of it. So, the end-user>could build up complexity of his system according to his>computational capabilities. In High Performance Computing>(HPC) world, people just add more CPU nodes to their clusters>according to their needs, instead of constantly upgrading>their systems. Microsoft lags behind unix-like systems in the>HPC world, but whoever takes the lead in developing scalable>distributed algorithms for interactive gaming applications is>going to be a big winner! Apple has X-Grid program that can>link all your old Macs at home into a cluster for distributed>computations. Microsoft should do similar thing so we could>use our old PCs to get additional power for any interactive>applications including such multi-threadable things like>flight simulators. >>(e) The layered structure : user should be free to add/remove>things into the world. For instance, I'd like to remove all>roads to experience early cross-country flights with celestial>navigation instead of GPS and pristine meadows instead of>runways.>>(d) Truly 4D world: every man-made object should have its>lifespan. This will help reconstruct historical scenery and>flights, retro airlines with realistic time tables, again,>early aviation days of flying without navaids etc. Wouldn't it>be nice to dial some historical date in FSX and actually start>the flight in the environment that corresponds to that time,>including infrastructure, architecture, type of AI aircraft,>AI schedules, etc.>>We see some of layered structures in other products such as>Google Earth and Microsoft's own Virtual Earth, it is just a>matter of someone's initiative to make the FSX world a>backbone for a leading visualizing/simulating/gaming>franchise. Everyone would benefit from that, -- flight realism>fanatics, weather junkies, eye candy lovers, -- given that the>system is open-ended and any expert can contribute, for the>cost of addon, or as a freeware.>>I expect comments like "ACES should focus on ATC/AI/ground>effect instead of writing something for Sail Simulator". I>fully agree with that, but they already done this incredible>global 3D world that we all want to make even better so the>next logical step is to let them focus on flying aspects and>let experts in graphics, digital elevations, weather work on>realism of the environment. And this would be the most>attractive virtual world so why not share it with other>simulations. Imagine next gen multiplayer and multisimulator>sessions!>>uhhh, so much typing... :-)>>Cheers!>>=S.V.=>eMachines T5026/P4/3.07GHz/1Gb RAM/160Gb S-ATA HDD/Windows XP>Home SP2/ATI RADEON 9250 PCI 256Mb/ViewSonic VX910 19'>1280x1024/Microsoft SideWinder Force Feedback 2WOW that was inspiring , i hope someday before I die , I can get my hands on somthing like that

Better flight planner and map as previously mentioned. I just wish the map could be opened while "in game" and can be adjusted in size or undocked. The reasons is that I use the map for taxi around the airport. Even with a chart, the reality is that in FS the taxi signs are difficult to see on the screen and this aid is helpful. This one is easy to do, and does not require 2020 technology.Mark.

Mark W   CYYZ      

My Simhttps://goo.gl/photos/oic45LSoaHKEgU8E9

My Concorde Tutorial Videos available here:  https://www.youtube.com/user/UPS1000

1. Improved install with less "can't read dvd" "won't activate" problems.2. Check out dll.xml and exe.xml process. Seems to be a hassle for many people, even with the few addons that currently are out.3. Expose ATC and AI airport runway/arrival/departure logic to 3rd parties to allow control of runway and taxi use.4. Sloped flattens for airports, assuming hi res mesh not achievable.5. Continue to use shapefile and geotiff as the basis for terrain mods.6. Improved turboprop modeling (additional types beyond PT-6A).7. Moving trains.scott s..

Guest Speed

Helicopter cyclic trim....my arm is falling off from holding a thrustmaster forward constantly (no dirty jokes please). I know there is no such thing but no one has a stick with compensating servos in it so we need something that acts like it.Support for a portable collision avoidance system like the Zaon MRX.Much more subtle window reflections, in real life the eye focuses right passed them which you cant do on a monitor.Louder airports, they are pretty noisy places most of the time, even with ANR headsets on. Perhaps planes could have different levels on noise insulation so a 747 doesn't hear as much of the outside world as a Cessna 152.Airplanes that are parked long term so that GA airports have some life to them without the skies being as busy as Blade Runner.

Guest jshyluk

As was posted on another thread:A higher, more realitic degree of "atmospheric perspective": bluish haze that causes textures to soften and become a little more blue the closer they are to the horizon. The effect is from air molecules scattering light, and it's the reason why the sky looks blue in the first place. It's also related to the generation of crepuscular fans - godrays.Of course, with global warming, there are some regions that never see blue sky, so a coffee-like "smog-ospheric perspective" might also be appropriate. Goodness knows how depressing it is to see a gigantic brown blob over your home city as you fly in from 30,000 feet, but the effect is real. Jeff ShylukSenior Staff Reviewer, Avsim

Here's a simple one Phil/Brian:Could you include a 172 with wheel pants, and perhaps the new 162 as well, as part of the default package?

Ken

HiCloud shadow, volumetric cloud, Real life taxi light which illuminates the ground instead of just a light coating, better AI,ATC with more options like emergencies, sloping runways, more realistic night effect are in the top of my list.Plus all the things we currently have ;)

Iransim Administrator

Microsoft Flight Simulator Add-on Developer Since 1998

Robert Goddard said: It is difficult to say what is impossible, for the dream of yesterday is the hope of today and the reality of tomorrow.