Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Geofa

FS11 Wish List

I like the idea and have pinned it. Flames can be deleted..My requests:1) The ability to switch via display settings from using database/texture based scenery to a live feed of real much as google earth/tileproxy does now2)Visual icing (seeing it accumulate on the wing,windshield, and probes) and better aerodynamic simulation3) The simulation of xm weather http://mywebpages.comcast.net/geofa/pages/rxp-pilot.jpgForum Moderatorhttp://geofageofa.spaces.live.com/

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

1) Refine and increase the autogen (stop making it "POP IN/OUT") Increase the number it shows at a time. Yes I know FSX did a nice increase...but double it.:-hah 2) Add SIDs/STARsMarc

I would like to see1) A Tileproxy sort of feature where ground images can be obtained from a source like Google Earth.2) Very good use of HDRI (high dynamic range imaging) to add richness and realism to the sim.3) Better rendering of runways that would include bump mapping for icing, cracks, or just general texture variations on the surface. With runway rendering, I would love to see an end to perfectly straight lines on the runway edges, as runways are never that clean.4) Much better rendered ground, such as grass, brush, or dirt, next to the runway.5) Jaggedness depicted for mountains. All mountains currently are rounded to some extent.6) Trees that are affected by wind.7) Better scaled autogen (structures and vegitation)

I'll repost mine here..1) I want cloud shadows. I want the ground to be dark when cloudy.2) No more casting of object shadows when cloudy.3) Light sources other than sun. So objects can be illuminated by say landing lights.4) SID and STAR procedures.5) Bring back phototextures around airports.6) Improve snow and rain effects back to at least FS9 levels.7) Blowing Snow conditions and Snow trails.8) Use of Bump Mapping to create ice on runways.9) Other environmental effects such as smog and smoke (That cause decreasing visibilities.10) Less Cartoonish Autogen that blends better with photo textures.11) New missions and aircraft.12) Reduce Autogen size. They are too big right now.13) Slopping runways.14) Aviation carrier managmenet and build up.15) Smooth transitions between weather stations.16) Improved ATC instructions. (no more 6 oclock contact calls).17) Increased scenery objects and landmarks.18) Interactivity with Train simulator.19) Solid overcasts

I forgot to add include the Robinson R-44 Raven II or possibly the Robinson R-66 Turbine instead if it is flying by then. I cannot say enough how thankful I am that Microsoft is finally starting to realise that there are more helicopters in the world than just the Bell 206 and the underpowered R-22. Helicopters and bush planes are what I spend the most time in and, aside from gliders, which in my opion could be left out, are the least represented category in FS. Putting the EH-101 in Acceleration is a step in the right direction! Thanks for realising this need ACES!

PLEASE....Bring back raindrops on the VC windshield...ATC improvements....all across the board....please please please...ATC was skipped this version :( SIDS/STARS/voice accents (diff countries etc)/improved vectoring and spacing/sequencing....better use of all runways or parrallels, etc etcThanks!

1. Really huge banks of cloud that can cover half the sky and that you can get completely lost in.2. A less primitive map and flight planner. Even if it was basically the same but with the ability to smoothly scroll and zoom with the mouse (ala Google Maps). The ability to type in waypoint names would be good too, rather than having to select them with the mouse.3. More realistic looking runway lights at night. The other end of the runway shouldn't look like a blaze of light, it kind of ruins the sense of distance.4. Haze layers that a) don't have sharp edges and :( don't fade to perfect visibility off in the distance.5. More light/dark contrast on the ground. Although FSX looks great it can be a little too washed out compared to what you see in real life.6. Cloud shadows (of course).Colin

Because most of what i wish has already been said i just ask 1 thing. I know some will flame this, but i think it's just fair.1 - Better scenery and mesh outside the USA. Despite what Microsoft may think, most FSX users are non-americans. I know Microsoft is an american company, but i wish they would stop neglecting the rest of the world. At least, same mesh resolution and scenery quality for all the world.

I agree it would be nice, but my understanding is that they're limited by the data they can actually obtain from the various countries of the world.They certainly haven't done a bad job of the UK. The area around Edinburgh, where I live, looks more realistic than a lot of US locations I've flown around.

Good thread. Never can start too early. 1. Please work on the ATC. It was skipped this generation. Improvements needed include better vectoring, realistic accents and terminology based upon location, logical traffic alerts and call outs.2. AI Improvements. Design the system to handle a full load of realistic aircraft traffic, including accurate separation of aircraft, realistic traffic patterns and altitudes,and decents (no more AI traffic at 2,198 ft 30 miles from the runway. Improved AI smarts on the ground, and ground speed to reduce go arounds. 3. Dynamic lighting, such as lights at airports that actually light the tarmac and the AIRCRAFT. 4. And this is the most important one, hire Jim Vile and Reggie Fields to get your AI system fixed! I'll be their agent. :)Brian S.

Oh, boy... what would I wish for?Improved terrain mesh and landclass (although the FSX versions are very good).Full instrument clickability in VC's: no dials or knobs that are just for show, maybe even FMC's?Wizards that help calibrate game controllers (the sliders are difficult to use, it would be nice to see a "feedback" screen that showed exactly what the user was calibrating, and a point-and-click or menu system for assigning joystick buttons and keyboard controls to functions.)Wizards to help calibrate graphics controls, as above.More interactive ATC.More in-depth flight planner.Human models (pax, pilot, co-pilot, people on the ground) - no more cockpits flown by ghosts!WYSIWYG interface for terrain editting and object placement - like the Sims.WYSIWYG mission creator/random mission generator.More in-depth articles on the airplanes and manual.Wear and tear, especially from poor engine management.1-click to remove VC from view.Removeable yoke in VC.Click-To-Enlarge displays in all cockpits.Of course, all of this would have to be optimized to run smoothly and attractively on a mid-rande computer... this is a which list of course.Jeff ShylukSenior Staff Reviewer, ASVIM

Exactly, outside of US, the hi res mesh and/or landclass data is either very limited or not provided by the respective government.

1. All I really want is a new improved weather engine.I wanna see clouds build up and become solid light blocking objects(cloud shadows) True overcastimproved rain and snow effectsmore cloud types including Thunderstorms (which are currently build up by using Cumulus textures hence the lack of contrast and fake looks of CB's in FS)or if possible 3d clouds! and by that I mean true 3d clouds.2. And another important thing for me is more light sources such asLanding lightsstrobes beacon nav lightsthe moonlightning (this would improve flying in a T-storm especially at night greatly IMO)airport lighting (3) Jetwash would be a nice extra though but thats just eyecandy4. More ATC voices and improved handling of traffic at airports (spacing on approach, go-arounds because of stupid AI/ATC drive me insane :-lol lol) :-waveshocky :-hahhttp://img7.exs.cx/img7/5379/Banner21.jpg

i) Better ATC. In particular better handling of departure and arrival into major airports (ie no handing off to controllers at small airports near the one we are flying to). Perhaps add a little more flexibility into the ATC system so we can fly SIDs and STARs a little easier. Please don't start giving us vectors off our FP when we are still many miles away from our destination! Give us regional ATC accents, so we don't have American accents in every part of the world. At least try to attempt to model regional variations in ATC like transition altitudes and altimeter settings in mb rather than inHg.I think the basics are already there in the FS ATC system, just refine it to give us something really worthwhile!ii) Linked to the above, a virtual co-pilot who can handle the ATC, ie automatically respond and tune radios, contact controllers after handoff, etc.iii) Better environmental effects - rain, snow, fog, etc. Rain realistically streaking across the windshield, snow drifting along with the wind, and fog banks rolling across the land.iv) Better lighting. Try to make the lighting look more natural, and with a greater effect from time of day and weather. Make us *see* the difference between a bright sunny day in the tropics and a damp grey winter morning in the UK. Cloud shadows would probably come under this feature.v) Please give us convincing landclass and textures "out of the box". No more deserts in Norway!vi) The biggest wish of all, and the one that is least likely to be fulfilled..... .....ditch the legacy code and give us a totally new engine that can really take advantage of modern hardware.