Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Geofa

FS11 Wish List

I like the idea and have pinned it. Flames can be deleted..My requests:1) The ability to switch via display settings from using database/texture based scenery to a live feed of real much as google earth/tileproxy does now2)Visual icing (seeing it accumulate on the wing,windshield, and probes) and better aerodynamic simulation3) The simulation of xm weather http://mywebpages.comcast.net/geofa/pages/rxp-pilot.jpgForum Moderatorhttp://geofageofa.spaces.live.com/

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

1) Refine and increase the autogen (stop making it "POP IN/OUT") Increase the number it shows at a time. Yes I know FSX did a nice increase...but double it.:-hah 2) Add SIDs/STARsMarc

I would like to see1) A Tileproxy sort of feature where ground images can be obtained from a source like Google Earth.2) Very good use of HDRI (high dynamic range imaging) to add richness and realism to the sim.3) Better rendering of runways that would include bump mapping for icing, cracks, or just general texture variations on the surface. With runway rendering, I would love to see an end to perfectly straight lines on the runway edges, as runways are never that clean.4) Much better rendered ground, such as grass, brush, or dirt, next to the runway.5) Jaggedness depicted for mountains. All mountains currently are rounded to some extent.6) Trees that are affected by wind.7) Better scaled autogen (structures and vegitation)

I'll repost mine here..1) I want cloud shadows. I want the ground to be dark when cloudy.2) No more casting of object shadows when cloudy.3) Light sources other than sun. So objects can be illuminated by say landing lights.4) SID and STAR procedures.5) Bring back phototextures around airports.6) Improve snow and rain effects back to at least FS9 levels.7) Blowing Snow conditions and Snow trails.8) Use of Bump Mapping to create ice on runways.9) Other environmental effects such as smog and smoke (That cause decreasing visibilities.10) Less Cartoonish Autogen that blends better with photo textures.11) New missions and aircraft.12) Reduce Autogen size. They are too big right now.13) Slopping runways.14) Aviation carrier managmenet and build up.15) Smooth transitions between weather stations.16) Improved ATC instructions. (no more 6 oclock contact calls).17) Increased scenery objects and landmarks.18) Interactivity with Train simulator.19) Solid overcasts

The pop "might" be fixed in SP2 if they put the alpha fade back in.

I forgot to add include the Robinson R-44 Raven II or possibly the Robinson R-66 Turbine instead if it is flying by then. I cannot say enough how thankful I am that Microsoft is finally starting to realise that there are more helicopters in the world than just the Bell 206 and the underpowered R-22. Helicopters and bush planes are what I spend the most time in and, aside from gliders, which in my opion could be left out, are the least represented category in FS. Putting the EH-101 in Acceleration is a step in the right direction! Thanks for realising this need ACES!

PLEASE....Bring back raindrops on the VC windshield...ATC improvements....all across the board....please please please...ATC was skipped this version :( SIDS/STARS/voice accents (diff countries etc)/improved vectoring and spacing/sequencing....better use of all runways or parrallels, etc etcThanks!

1. Really huge banks of cloud that can cover half the sky and that you can get completely lost in.2. A less primitive map and flight planner. Even if it was basically the same but with the ability to smoothly scroll and zoom with the mouse (ala Google Maps). The ability to type in waypoint names would be good too, rather than having to select them with the mouse.3. More realistic looking runway lights at night. The other end of the runway shouldn't look like a blaze of light, it kind of ruins the sense of distance.4. Haze layers that a) don't have sharp edges and :( don't fade to perfect visibility off in the distance.5. More light/dark contrast on the ground. Although FSX looks great it can be a little too washed out compared to what you see in real life.6. Cloud shadows (of course).Colin

Because most of what i wish has already been said i just ask 1 thing. I know some will flame this, but i think it's just fair.1 - Better scenery and mesh outside the USA. Despite what Microsoft may think, most FSX users are non-americans. I know Microsoft is an american company, but i wish they would stop neglecting the rest of the world. At least, same mesh resolution and scenery quality for all the world.

I agree it would be nice, but my understanding is that they're limited by the data they can actually obtain from the various countries of the world.They certainly haven't done a bad job of the UK. The area around Edinburgh, where I live, looks more realistic than a lot of US locations I've flown around.

Good thread. Never can start too early. 1. Please work on the ATC. It was skipped this generation. Improvements needed include better vectoring, realistic accents and terminology based upon location, logical traffic alerts and call outs.2. AI Improvements. Design the system to handle a full load of realistic aircraft traffic, including accurate separation of aircraft, realistic traffic patterns and altitudes,and decents (no more AI traffic at 2,198 ft 30 miles from the runway. Improved AI smarts on the ground, and ground speed to reduce go arounds. 3. Dynamic lighting, such as lights at airports that actually light the tarmac and the AIRCRAFT. 4. And this is the most important one, hire Jim Vile and Reggie Fields to get your AI system fixed! I'll be their agent. :)Brian S.

Oh, boy... what would I wish for?Improved terrain mesh and landclass (although the FSX versions are very good).Full instrument clickability in VC's: no dials or knobs that are just for show, maybe even FMC's?Wizards that help calibrate game controllers (the sliders are difficult to use, it would be nice to see a "feedback" screen that showed exactly what the user was calibrating, and a point-and-click or menu system for assigning joystick buttons and keyboard controls to functions.)Wizards to help calibrate graphics controls, as above.More interactive ATC.More in-depth flight planner.Human models (pax, pilot, co-pilot, people on the ground) - no more cockpits flown by ghosts!WYSIWYG interface for terrain editting and object placement - like the Sims.WYSIWYG mission creator/random mission generator.More in-depth articles on the airplanes and manual.Wear and tear, especially from poor engine management.1-click to remove VC from view.Removeable yoke in VC.Click-To-Enlarge displays in all cockpits.Of course, all of this would have to be optimized to run smoothly and attractively on a mid-rande computer... this is a which list of course.Jeff ShylukSenior Staff Reviewer, ASVIM

Exactly, outside of US, the hi res mesh and/or landclass data is either very limited or not provided by the respective government.

1. All I really want is a new improved weather engine.I wanna see clouds build up and become solid light blocking objects(cloud shadows) True overcastimproved rain and snow effectsmore cloud types including Thunderstorms (which are currently build up by using Cumulus textures hence the lack of contrast and fake looks of CB's in FS)or if possible 3d clouds! and by that I mean true 3d clouds.2. And another important thing for me is more light sources such asLanding lightsstrobes beacon nav lightsthe moonlightning (this would improve flying in a T-storm especially at night greatly IMO)airport lighting (3) Jetwash would be a nice extra though but thats just eyecandy4. More ATC voices and improved handling of traffic at airports (spacing on approach, go-arounds because of stupid AI/ATC drive me insane :-lol lol) :-waveshocky :-hahhttp://img7.exs.cx/img7/5379/Banner21.jpg

i) Better ATC. In particular better handling of departure and arrival into major airports (ie no handing off to controllers at small airports near the one we are flying to). Perhaps add a little more flexibility into the ATC system so we can fly SIDs and STARs a little easier. Please don't start giving us vectors off our FP when we are still many miles away from our destination! Give us regional ATC accents, so we don't have American accents in every part of the world. At least try to attempt to model regional variations in ATC like transition altitudes and altimeter settings in mb rather than inHg.I think the basics are already there in the FS ATC system, just refine it to give us something really worthwhile!ii) Linked to the above, a virtual co-pilot who can handle the ATC, ie automatically respond and tune radios, contact controllers after handoff, etc.iii) Better environmental effects - rain, snow, fog, etc. Rain realistically streaking across the windshield, snow drifting along with the wind, and fog banks rolling across the land.iv) Better lighting. Try to make the lighting look more natural, and with a greater effect from time of day and weather. Make us *see* the difference between a bright sunny day in the tropics and a damp grey winter morning in the UK. Cloud shadows would probably come under this feature.v) Please give us convincing landclass and textures "out of the box". No more deserts in Norway!vi) The biggest wish of all, and the one that is least likely to be fulfilled..... .....ditch the legacy code and give us a totally new engine that can really take advantage of modern hardware.

I think the biggest thing for me is weather, weather and weather. Not just clouds, rain and snow effects but a dynamic planet where the enviroment including aircraft are physically and visually effected by the weather.Icing that one can see, rain streaming on the windshield, snow accumulation etc....Make the aircraft part of the world. Someone a few weeks ago said it best when he stated the aircraft seems to have a shield around it for example when flying through clouds you can always see the wing as though the plane was in a bubble. Make the 3d model part of the world it flies in.Thunderstorms should destroy a light aircraft with 200 mile up and down drafts if flown directly in them, hail should also be modelled.I'd also like to see a persistent damage model and aging effects or at least that ability. A dynamic aircraft that ages or gets damaged via scratches, engine abuse, dynamic dirt etc.... Also, everything else everyone said, great ideas!Ian.

Better utilization of multiple cores for example, physics, AI, weather. By the time FS11 comes out quad core will be entry level.Cloud shadows."God rays" and true 3D clouds.More HDR lighting.Wave height and direction that is affected by the wind.More light sources. Airports look too dark at night.Ground clutter, eg rocks, pebbles and grass.Cockpit shadows (though I think this is in SP2?)Increase cloud coverage all the way to the horizon.Remove hard edges of clouds around mountains.Better snow, it shouldn't fall like rain. Snow drifts.Raindrops on windshields. Refraction of light through the drops. Working wipers.Fogging of cockpit windows and working window heaters.Water puddles and visible ice on runway.Visible icing on wings.Autogen is too large, trees and building look too big. Add a scaling factor to config file so that user can scale tree and building size to their own liking.Heat blur from engines!Thrust from engines should blown up dust and snow from the runway. Tree's that sway in the wind and are affected by engine thrust.Better waves that are volumetric. Sloped runways.Animated ground crew including refuelling and cargo loading.Animated passengers, visible in the terminal, jetways.Animated passengers at remote stands, getting off bus, walking up/down stairs to board and disembark.Animated pedestrians. For example, walking along Maho beach or walking through car parks etc. Let a scenery designer places these along a polyline (like with freeway traffic) and set the speed.Allow SDK "freeway traffic" polylines to specify a speed for the traffic. This allows slow moving traffic in congested areas (eg car parks and city centres) and high speed traffic on highways and freeways.

My Wishlist- Multicore support, engine optimization- Support for the latest shader model/volumetric lighting, full DX10 compatibility- Rewrite of AI Traffic (currently uses too much CPU and it shouldn't have to)- ATC - more voices/accents, adhere to regional standards, more functionality (SID/STAR/HOLD/FSS/Remote REIL activation)- Sloped runways- Flight Planner (full screen, overlay a la FS Navigator), possibly with dynamic AIRAC updates- Weather Generator (a la Active Sky)- Virtual 1st Officer- Real-life emergencies and procedures (windshear, engine blowout, bird strike, airport closings due to weather, hold - see ATC)- Comprehensive SDK- VATSIM/IVAO Integration- Continued efforts to easily script missions

Easy "Active Camera" save view settings. No more fiddling with .cfg files.Curt

First of all. Please don't bother with building aircrafts that you are not going to do complete. Meaning, I don' mind a DC3 or a Piper Cub, but please leave the 747s and the airbus to the add on vendors. If you want to throw the dog a bone, just pass what you already have done for FSX.Enhancing existing features1. Please fix what needs to be fixed in FSX before moving on the new features. Blurries. I have noticed something. When you fly around a particular area where you start off the flight, there isn't too much blurries problem. However, when you fly long distance and arrive at an area after 1 hr or so of flight, the PC seems to be busy trying to resolve the texture rendition of your source of flight instead of your destination. A Parameter in the cfg file where I could dictate how much of the CPU that should be given for texture processing so I have some control over blurries!2. Fog and overcast for IFR flight.3. Move as much processing over to the Video card GPU. Its silly to give up 10FPS for bloom when you have spent $800 bucks for a hot shot video card.4. Move over the AI processing over to the other cores instead of using the primary core. IT just doesn't make sense to lose 20FPS for 80% AI Traffic.5. Autogens. Make them real world size instead of ovresizing them6. Basically, quality control over existing features. Better everything whats already there.New Features1. Please have wake and surge in the water along with animated waves in the coastal lines.2. Cloud Shadows3. Better lighting and light reflection on objects around the source of light.4. Moving/animated trees and grass(if you can use the additional cores for processing)5. Uneven runways/Sloped Runways. 6. Ability for end users to use customized airport textures and runway textures that they could download off various Geo sites instead of begging add on vendors and crawling on our floors!Back to Basics.1. Some improved ATC for IFR especially modified clearance and holds . 2. ability to manage add on sceneries in folders instead of linear fashion in the Flight scenery section. 3. Ability to select a group of add on sceneries and move them around /up or down instead of one by one.4. Ability to manage stored/saved flights in folders to better manage saved flights. Basically improving on the menus and such.Manny

Someone suggested a thread to this effect in another thread. Here it is. Some of the things I would like to see in FS11 are:A search egine that can take criteria like "near a lake, runway less than 2000ft, in a valley, in a forest" and point you to all the airports that meet those criteria. Small cabins/bush plane bases/logging bases (for choppers) in the middle of nowhere (northern USA, and Canada) to fly to when I want to do some bush flying.Better snow effects. Right now, instead of drifting to the ground, snow shoots toward the ground at high speed.Fix the shaders that work during dusk. In FSX, whenever I fly at dusk or dawn, whichever side of the aircraft faces the is lit up. This is cool if the sky is clear, but if it is foggy and cloudy (like I prefer), it looks wierd to have the side of the planes glowing but no sun in sight.Better fog effects.Here are some new aircraft I would like to see in the next FS:Agusta-Westland AW-139Airbus A319Airbus A380Bell 205Boeing 787-8Bombardier CL-415Bombardier CRJ-700Bombardier Dash 8 Q300Cessna Citation 560 XLS+Columbia 400 SLXDassault Falcon 7XDeHavilland DHC-2 Beaver (Amphib and wheeled)Diamond DA-42 Twin Star Douglas DC-3 (piston and turbine)Eurocopter AS-350B3Piper PA-18 Super CubQuest KodiakI really enjoy the current version of FS and look forward to the next installemnt of this awesome sim. Please don't turn this into a flame war. Thanks!

As a developer, my wish is that FS11 not be released for 3 years minimum :-)We're just starting to get our heads around FSX and Vista... and soon it will be FS11 and Vienna.My head hurts already :-)Bryan

In addition to what has been said:1. Completely re-do the AI traffic behavior. Have them follow actual IFR routes and SID/STAR procedures. Seperate AI traffic better to prevent too many go-arounds. On the ground, have AI aircraft exit runways quicker. Allow users to tweak the way AI aircraft behave (such as what taxi routes they take, taxi speeds, etc.)2. Complete overhaul of the ATC.3. I know it has been mentioned, but we need real overcast skies. We shouldn't be able to see the ground above an overcast layer. Fog and Haze could be a lot better too.4. Is it just me or do most of the terminal buildings in FSX seem way too tall?I'm sure I'll think of more.