Sign in to follow this  
David Mills

I Miss You Guys. I Miss the Sim.

Two weeks ago today my three-month-old computer (see specs below) suddenly stopped operating. The machine is currently on its way back to the manufacture, where the warranty will thankfully pay for the repairs (either a new motherboard or new CPU).

Anyway, I just want to say that I’ve really missed the sim, and I miss interacting with you guys about the latest beta releases and other sim gossip. I’m posting this message with a phone whose screen I can hardly read. @Krakin has taken over posting the weekly Asobo updates in case you are wondering why they suddenly look much better.

Hopefully I’ll be back in action here with MSFS within a week or two and get caught up with the latest. 

• Like 55
  • Upvote 2

Processor: Intel i9-13900KF 5.8GHz 24-Core, Graphics Processor: Nvidia RTX 4090 24GB GDDR6, System Memory: 64GB High Performance DDR5 SDRAM 5600MHz, Operating System: Windows 11 Home Edition, Motherboard: Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX, LGA 1700, CPU Cooling: Corsair H100i Elite 240mm Liquid Cooling, RGB and LCD Display, Chassis Fans: Corsair Low Decibel, Addressable RGB Fans, Power Supply: Corsair HX1000i Fully Modular Ultra-Low-Noise Platinum ATX 1000 Watt, Primary Storage: 2TB Samsung Gen 4 NVMe SSD, Secondary Storage: 1TB Samsung Gen 4 NVMe SSD, VR Headset: Meta Quest 2, Primary Display: SONY 4K Bravia 75-inch, 2nd Display: SONY 4K Bravia 43-inch, 3rd Display: Vizio 28-inch, 1920x1080. Controller: Xbox Controller attached to PC via USB.

Hope you get back to the action soon. 😉

• Like 2

Alvega

CPU: AMD 7800X3D | COOLER: Cooler Master MasterLiquid 240L Core ARGB | GPU: RTX 4070 TI Super 16GB OC | Mobo: ASUS TUF GAMING X670E-PLUS WIFI |
RAM: 32 GB Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR5 6000MHz PC5-48000 2x16GB CL36 | SSDs: WD Black SN770 2TB NVMe SSD (WIN11), WD Black SN850X SSD 2 TB M.2 2280 PCIe Gen4 NVMe (MSFS), Crucial MX500 2TB (Other stuff) | CASE: Forgeon Arcanite ARGB Mesh Tower ATX White | Power Supply: Forgeon Bolt PSU 850W 80+ Gold Full Modular White 

Heh, if I had your computer specs I'd be counting down every second 'til it the box came back home 😄Hope it comes back to you in perfect working order!

• Like 1

spacer.png5800X3D, 64GB 3200 RAM, 7900 XT 20GB

26 minutes ago, David Mills said:

Two weeks ago today my three-month-old computer (see specs below) suddenly stopped operating. The machine is currently on its way back to the manufacture, where the warranty will thankfully pay for the repairs (either a new motherboard or new CPU).

Anyway, I just want to say that I’ve really missed the sim, and I miss interacting with you guys about the latest beta releases and other sim gossip. I’m posting this message with a phone whose screen I can hardly read. @Krakin has taken over posting the weekly Asobo updates in case you are wondering why they suddenly look much better.

Hopefully I’ll be back in action here with MSFS within a week or two and get caught up with the latest. 

There is more to life than just this sim. Maybe you will realise this while your box is fixed.

Enjoy the down time it might be summer weather where you are from.

• Like 5
  • Upvote 1

Good luck with it David.  Look forward to your return very soon.

• Like 2

Ryzen 5800X3D, Nvidia 3080 - 32 Gig DDR4 RAM, 1TB & 2 TB NVME drives - Windows 11 64 bit MSFS 2020 Premium Deluxe Edition Resolution 2560 x 1440 (32 inch curved monitor)

Oh that's creepy.  We have the same machine, more or less.  Let us know what happened. 😬

• Like 2

- Chris

Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX | Intel Core i9 13900KF | Gigabyte GeForce RTX 4090 24 GB | 64GB DDR5 SDRAM | Corsair H100i Elite 240mm Liquid Cooling | 1TB & 2TB Samsung Gen 4 SSD  | 1000 Watt Gold PSU |  Windows 11 Pro | Thrustmaster Boeing Yoke | Thrustmaster TCA Captain X Airbus | Asus ROG 38" 4k IPS Monitor (PG38UQ)

Asus Maximus VII Hero motherboard | Intel i7 4790k CPU | MSI GTX 970 4 GB video card | Corsair DDR3 2133 32GB SDRAM | Corsair H50 water cooler | Samsung 850 EVO 250GB SSD (2) | EVGA 1000 watt PSU - Retired

Hi David

I have pretty much the same machine (except for an AMD 7800x3D) and just finished building it but have not pressed the ON switch on my new PC for the last 2 weeks, let alone updated to the latest Avionics Update beta 2, while I always had installed those within 5 minutes after release Thursdays around 5 p.m. GMT. summertime takes its toll. and it gets worse: next tuesday the pool will get its annual full fresh 2023 water update, doesn't look like much flying anytime soon.

To everything turn, turn, turn
There is a season turn, turn, turn
And a time to every purpose under Heaven

Edited by turbomax
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

AMD 7800X3D, Windows 11, Gigabyte X670 AORUS Elite AX Motherboard, 64GB DDR5 G.SKILL Trident Z5 NEO RGB (AMD Expo), RTX 4090,  Samsung 980 PRO M.2 NVMe SSD 2 TB PCIe 4.0, Samsung 980 PRO M.2 NVMe SSD 1 TB PCIe 4.0, 4K resolution 50" TV @60Hz, HP Reverb G2 VR headset @ 90 Hz, Honeycomb Aeronautical Bravo Throttle Quadrant, be quiet 1000W PSU, Noctua NH-U12S chromax.black air cooler.

60-130 fps. no CPU overclocking.

very nice.

@David Mills Enjoy the time away. A good break is healthy for the mind! And @turbomax …. reminds me of my favourite Byrds song Eight Miles High (with a very young David Crosby … rest his soul) that I would love to work into a video! 1966!

Edited by The Flight Level
  • Like 3

Lawrence “Laurie” Doering

Latest video at The Flight Level Ten Minutes of the F-14 Tomcat and Supercarrier - Launch - Mission - Recovery | DCS World | 4K

5 hours ago, David Mills said:

Miss you too Dave ! Fingers crossed that they have l the necessary spare parts…

• Like 1

Carsten U

14 minutes ago, The Flight Level said:

A good break is healthy for the mind!

David

while you wait: dancing and singing is easier and healthier than any RNAV approach.

What Is Life ?

Edited by turbomax
  • Like 2

AMD 7800X3D, Windows 11, Gigabyte X670 AORUS Elite AX Motherboard, 64GB DDR5 G.SKILL Trident Z5 NEO RGB (AMD Expo), RTX 4090,  Samsung 980 PRO M.2 NVMe SSD 2 TB PCIe 4.0, Samsung 980 PRO M.2 NVMe SSD 1 TB PCIe 4.0, 4K resolution 50" TV @60Hz, HP Reverb G2 VR headset @ 90 Hz, Honeycomb Aeronautical Bravo Throttle Quadrant, be quiet 1000W PSU, Noctua NH-U12S chromax.black air cooler.

very nice.

@turbomax Truly great to grow up in the 60’s and 70’s. Music will never have the same effect with so many songs and bands accomplishing timeless distinction!

• Like 1

Lawrence “Laurie” Doering

Latest video at The Flight Level Ten Minutes of the F-14 Tomcat and Supercarrier - Launch - Mission - Recovery | DCS World | 4K

6 hours ago, David Mills said:

Two weeks ago today my three-month-old computer (see specs below) suddenly stopped operating.

that's why I always keep my previous gen pc as a backup. but since you don't have one, I re-discovered there is so much joy out there without flight sim:

• Like 4

very nice.

6 hours ago, David Mills said:

Well.... It's summertime. I think you need a boat.

Once you see the fuel prices at the dock, you'll never fret over the price of an aircraft or airport ever again. 🙃

• Like 2

i9-10850K, ASUS TUF GAMING Z490-PLUS (WI-FI), 32GB G.SKILL DDR4-3603 / PC4-28800, EVGA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti BLACK EDITION 11GB running 3440x1440 

9 hours ago, David Mills said:

Hope your computer gets fixed soon and you come back soon!

• Like 1

i5-12400, RTX 3060 Ti, 32 GB RAM