Sign in to follow this  
dmarques69

Spad.next and Lorbys Axis And Ohs are just amazing

Sorry i felt the need of writing this and i hope im not breaking any rule...iv'e been around in this FS live for sometime now as the majority of my fellow simmers here, but i never had the need of getting nothing fancy in terms of "talking" to my hardware since i was that guy of just a joystick, mouse and keyboard.

This until i started to had more "complex" hardware, like the x-touch mini, the logitech panels, the stream deck and so on...i knew from that point that spad.next and/or AAO where the way to go...and you cant think they are alternatives but for me they complement each other, and when you start to dig deep in them you see that they are just two phenomenal pieces of software with unlimited possibilities.

Not to mention that Lorby and Les O'Reilly are two guys that dont get tired of help, legends!

Thats it, i feel better now that i took this load of my back.

• Like 6

Marques

Ryzen 7 7700x@5.4Ghz | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360| RTX 4070 ti | 32GB Ram @5600MHZ| Crucial MX 200 M.2 500GB |Crucial MX200 SATA 500GB | HTC Vive | XIAOMI 43" 4k TV | Acer Predator 27" G-Sync | AOC 32" Freesync

I fully agree with you about @Lorby_SI but don’t forget about @guenseli who uses A&O to create incredible aircraft modules!

• Like 8

Best-

Carl Avari-Cooper

Not using spad.next here, but I absolutely agree that @Lorby_SI and @guenseli cannot be praised enough for what they have done with AAO and the additional custom scripts.

Their work raised my simming experience to another level.

Thank you!

• Like 1

@cavaricooper @RALF9636 indeed and @guenseli was one of the responsibles for my first AAO installation with is amazing work with the streamdeck profiles.

Marques

Ryzen 7 7700x@5.4Ghz | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360| RTX 4070 ti | 32GB Ram @5600MHZ| Crucial MX 200 M.2 500GB |Crucial MX200 SATA 500GB | HTC Vive | XIAOMI 43" 4k TV | Acer Predator 27" G-Sync | AOC 32" Freesync

100%

AAO is money spent I have never regretted! I can ALMOST write an RPN script 🤪

Eddie
KABQ

2 hours ago, dmarques69 said:

Not to mention that Lorby and Les O'Reilly are two guys that dont get tired of help, legends!

Lorby is Oliver Binder. I hope he releases his WAMA app (Where Are My Aircraft) for MSFS.

With WAMA, imagine being able to view all the aircraft you own decked out in various liveries.  All nicely parked and lined up in a straight line as you roll down the taxiway on your way to the runway.  I would love to see a Cessna 152 parked beside an Antonov an-225 Mriya... I wonder what that would look like.

Edited by Matt Sdeel
  • Like 4

The stream deck really opens things up a lot. I need to take better advantage of it. I just have a main page for each aircraft with the common things I use. I need to take better advantage of some of the other parts of the profiles.

Spad, I need to use more, because especially on planes like the 737, where you can't map a lot of controls within MSFS it's handy. Plus the profile switching is nice. I also really hope someone makes a spad snippet for the TCA Airbus and the 747 when it releases with the new goodies.

spad guy here.  It's been great.  

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

5800X3D, Gigabyte X570S MB, 4090FE, 32GB DDR4 3600 CL14, EVO 970 M.2's, Alienware 3821DW  and 2  22" monitors,  Corsair RM1000x PSU,  360MM MSI MEG, MFG Crosswind, T16000M Stick, Boeing TCA Yoke/Throttle, Skalarki MCDU and FCU, Saitek Radio Panel/Switch Panel, Spad.Next

l'll chime in with some love for the SPAD.next side of things. I haven't used AO but SPAD has become and absolute must have for me. Since we're throwing out shout-outs, lets include https://www.youtube.com/@LesOReilly for his never ending streams of helpful SPAD.next tutorials and, of course, c0nnex for creating the software and their tireless support on the Discord channels.

• Like 2

AAO is amazing. I used it to fix an almost impossible job in setting up a very uncooperative throttle quadrant. Works great now. I was amazed to see so many available functions. Setting up individual ac is also another bonus.

Edited by newtie
  • Like 1

anyone used these for the honeycomb yoke and throttle? If so, is there a "dummies" guide on how to do this in MSFS?

There is also FSUIPC, which I think is the pioneer among all those tools. I still use it extensively. Also great support. 

cheers,
NiIs U.

AMD 5800X3D | 32GB DDR4 RAM @ 3200MHz | RTX 4070 12GB @ 1920x1050px