Sign in to follow this  
Zangoose

Microsoft Flight Simulator 2024 - Announce Trailer

4 minutes ago, Stoopy said:

I wonder what it's gonna be like when MSFS 2028 is announced.

Yes, will it go above 68 pages or stay below? That's the question 😁

i912900k, RTX 3090, 32GB RAM

19 minutes ago, Franz007 said:

Well, of course a develpper has to say that.

Well, of course you'd say that 🙂 iniBuilds have no reason to lie and they're too professional to do so, especially more so given that they are not selling the A310 themselves and have gotten payment for it from MS/Asobo. Similarly the various other IRL pilots and experienced/simmers who are not selling products for MSFS and also have lauded the MSFS flight model also have no reason to lie.

No point continuing to argue here, gonna have to agree to disagree. Hope you get the time to enjoy XP while also continuing to tell us how you don't like MSFS lol.

• Like 2

Len
1980s: Sublogic FS II on C64 ---> 1990s: Flight Unlimited I/II, MSFS 95/98 ---> 2000s/2010s: FS/X, P3D, XP ---> 2020+: MSFS
Current system: i9 13900K, RTX 4090, 64GB DDR5 4800 RAM, 4TB NVMe SSD

9 minutes ago, lwt1971 said:

Well, of course you'd say that 🙂 iniBuilds have no reason to lie and they're too professional to do so, especially more so given that they are not selling the A310 themselves and have gotten payment for it from MS/Asobo. Similarly the various other IRL pilots and experienced/simmers who are not selling products for MSFS and also have lauded the MSFS flight model also have no reason to lie.

If you read what you write this would exactly speak for why inBuilds have to say that. They are now entirely commited to that plateform. And i would be happy if you gave me the sources of these other pilots having made comparisons. I haven't seen any.

11 minutes ago, lwt1971 said:

No point continuing to argue here, gonna have to agree to disagree. Hope you get the time to enjoy XP while also continuing to tell us how you don't like MSFS lol.

This was not my intention here. I just read your claim and reacted because in my opinion this is one of the weakness of MSFS. XP has its own 😁 I own both.

5 hours ago, Franz007 said:

hence they don't see any problem (like @scotchegg)

Well, as I say, I don’t have it installed so it’s not untrue that I don’t see any problem with its inertia modeling, but in the same way, I don’t see anything at all about it….

I was questioning the claim it has no inertia modeling. For the more physics-savvy it may seem like an immature question, but I thought inertia was one component of stall and spin dynamics, so a clear and easy way for anyone to test if it at least has some inertia modeling (however inexpertly done).

Always happy to have my understanding improved, especially in physics (which was not my strong point in school), but if you prefer to respond with shaky deductions, may your god go with you!

Edited by scotchegg

i910900k, RTX 3090, 32GB DDR4 RAM, AW3423DW, Ruddy girt big mug of Yorkshire Tea

4 minutes ago, scotchegg said:

Well, as I say, I don’t have it installed so it’s not untrue that I don’t see any problem with its inertia modeling, but in the same way, I don’t see anything at all about it….

I was questioning the claim it has no inertia modeling. For the more physics-savvy it may seem like an immature question, but I thought inertia was one component of stall and spin dynamics, so a clear and easy way for anyone to test if it at least has some inertia modeling (however inexpertly done).

Always happy to have my understanding improved, especially in physics (which was not my strong point in school), but if you prefer to respond with shaky deductions, may your god go with you!

Sure, this means simply that its inertia doesn't vary according to the weight (as it should in reality).

4 minutes ago, Franz007 said:

Sure, this means simply that its inertia doesn't vary according to the weight (as it should in reality).

So does that mean it lacks ANY inertia modeling, or that its inertia is stuck at one value?

i910900k, RTX 3090, 32GB DDR4 RAM, AW3423DW, Ruddy girt big mug of Yorkshire Tea

Just now, scotchegg said:

So does that mean it lacks ANY inertia modeling, or that its inertia is stuck at one value?

The second. It's inertia seems like being a fixed value and doesn't change (or not enough) with different weights.

I think I've heard of Captian Blackbox, he is a friend with Captain ELT !

flight sim addict, airplane owner, CFI

4 minutes ago, Franz007 said:

The second. It's inertia seems like being a fixed value and doesn't change (or not enough) with different weights.

That’s what I thought. Your original claim was that the plane lacks ANY inertia.

With respect, this is what frustrates me about unmeasured assertions thrown around by people whose understanding of the physics is undoubtedly better than (checks notes) ‘standard’ simmers such as myself (no qualms with that title, my simming depth is nothing if not standard!). 

Cynical types might guess your interest IS actually more in spreading an idea that the modeling is worse than it is. After all, there’s a world of difference between ‘not there at all’, and ‘there but lacks granularity’.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, scotchegg said:

That’s what I thought. Your original claim was that the plane lacks ANY inertia.

With respect, this is what frustrates me about unmeasured assertions thrown around by people whose understanding of the physics is undoubtedly better than (checks notes) ‘standard’ simmers such as myself (no qualms with that title, my simming depth is nothing if not standard!). 

You don't have to be frustrated. I am not a native english speaker either. "Lack of" can mean both "complete absence of or not enough of". It's used quite a lot in that context, see: https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/lack-of-inertia-in-msfs/378859/15

Edited by Franz007

5 minutes ago, Franz007 said:

You don't have to be frustrated. I am not a native english speaker either. "Lack of" can mean both "complete absence of or not enough of". It's used quite a lot in that context, see: https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/lack-of-inertia-in-msfs/378859/15

Oh, come now. Your English is functionally advanced and way beyond the stages of 'well, I'm not a native speaker, but...'.

I think you know perfectly well what you meant when you said: "And can you explain how the A310 is supposed to fly really well, when it totally lacks any inertia?"

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, scotchegg said:

Oh, come now. Your English is functionally advanced and way beyond the stages of 'well, I'm not a native speaker, but...'.

I think you know perfectly well what you meant when you said: "And can you explain how the A310 is supposed to fly really well, when it totally lacks any inertia?"

Speaking/writting good doesn't mean that that person speaks perfectly and doesn't LACK any words or expression. Haha, sorry i can't help myself but just had to do that joke 😁

removed

Edited by Franz007
deleted

Something we’re very excited for is on Friday evening at 5:00pm Houston time (2200 UTC): the Microsoft Flight Simulator team will be delivering a keynote address at the expo! Thanks to the FlightSimExpo organizers, everyone around the world is free to watch this keynote live on our official Twitch channel. For those unable to watch live, we will upload a recording of the keynote after it’s over to our YouTube channel.

– MSFS Team

Guess we'll find out more tonight 👀

• Like 7

HP Reverb G2 - Windows 11 64bit, Gigabyte Z590 Aorus Elite Mobo, i7-10700KF CPU, Gigabyte 3070ti GPU, 32gig Corsair 3600mhz RAM, SSD x2 + M.2 SSD 1tb x1

Saitek X45 HOTAS - Saitek Pro Rudder Pedals - Logitech Flight Yoke - Homemade 3 Button & 8-directional Joystick Box, SNES Controller (used as a Button Box - Additional USB Numpad (used as a Button Box)