Sign in to follow this  
Zangoose

Aircraft & Avionics Update 02 (1.33.8.0) Now Available

16 minutes ago, Pilot53 said:

Ridiculous.... what the hell is the point of a beta then?

They did try and fix it during the beta and because they could no longer replicate the issue with their own hardware they changed the status to bug-fixed BEFORE they even released the 'fixed' version and so hadn't checked with the beta testers that the issue was definitely fixed. Straight away after betas got the update it was clearly only a partial fix. I found that an incredibly poor way of running a beta. 

Edited by boez
Clarity
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 3

FWIW: https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/white-dot-visible-since-1-33-3-0-only-partially-fixed-in-1-33-8-0-release-version/591712/287

A full resolution for this issue did not make it in for the AAU_02 release, but we are targeting a fix for this in a later update.

Thanks,
MSFS Team

"later update" sounds like a fix coming in near future to this AAU2 rather than next SU or AAU, but who knows.

Edited by lwt1971

Len
1980s: Sublogic FS II on C64 ---> 1990s: Flight Unlimited I/II, MSFS 95/98 ---> 2000s/2010s: FS/X, P3D, XP ---> 2020+: MSFS
Current system: i9 13900K, RTX 4090, 64GB DDR5 4800 RAM, 4TB NVMe SSD

Folks shouldn't be surprised, they have history of introducing new bugs and either A) partially fixing them before beta ends and then doing nothing thereafter or B) not fixing them at all. This White Dot issue was actually a Bug/Issue from before the Beta and tagged as "Feedback Logged", AAU2 Beta seemingly turned it "on" for more people, along with the white borders and yet they still don't get it fully fixed.

• Like 1

HP Reverb G2 - Windows 11 64bit, Gigabyte Z590 Aorus Elite Mobo, i7-10700KF CPU, Gigabyte 3070ti GPU, 32gig Corsair 3600mhz RAM, SSD x2 + M.2 SSD 1tb x1

Saitek X45 HOTAS - Saitek Pro Rudder Pedals - Logitech Flight Yoke - Homemade 3 Button & 8-directional Joystick Box, SNES Controller (used as a Button Box - Additional USB Numpad (used as a Button Box)

2 hours ago, RJC68 said:

I got the same warning and I am on the recommended 531.29

Is it now considered safe to upgrade to the latest driver? I have had zero issues with this one

I will be dammed if I let some update tell me to change GPU drivers/

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

5 minutes ago, Bobsk8 said:

You tell 'em, Bob.

🙄

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Bobsk8 said:

It didn't tell you to do anything. It informed you if your drivers are not recommended and if you don't care you can click don't show me this again. Certainly nothing to be riled up about.

Mike T.

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, Mike T said:

It didn't tell you to do anything. It informed you if your drivers are not recommended and if you don't care you can click don't show me this again. Certainly nothing to be riled up about.

Mike T.

It said in the second paragraph to "Please update your driver to the one they recommend"

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

Just now, Bobsk8 said:

It said in the second paragraph to "Please update your driver to the one they recommend"

There is no big deal for them to suggest what they have said in the message. Would you rather they didn't and people with outdated GPU drivers or GPU drivers that were broken not to be told instead?!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Matt

Vote for better camera support in MSFS: https://devsupport.flightsimulator.com/t/camera-api/3077/29

Just now, Zangoose said:

There is no big deal for them to suggest what they have said in the message. Would you rather they didn't and people with outdated GPU drivers or GPU drivers that were broken not to be told instead?!

OH OK, sorry I mentioned it. . Didn't mean to get anyone's shorts in a wad. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Bobsk8 said:

OH OK, sorry I mentioned it. . Didn't mean to get anyone's shorts in a wad. 

23 minutes ago, Bobsk8 said:

lol

• Like 1

As for those white boxes / frames, I mean I understand once they got them in (probably for the XBOX users) it's hard to get them out without undoing whatever it was they did in the first place... but how is it possible not anyone of Asobo said "That's a BAD idea and will enrage half the community!" when they were actually IMPLEMENTING it?! Are they living in their own world? Do the Asobo employees only play this on XBOX or what?

• Like 5

a fine day with high quality 787 update released and dcs f15e also released.

• Like 1

i9-10900k @ 5.1GHz 32G XMP-3200 | RTX3090 | 3T m.2 | Win11 | vkb-gf ultimate & pedals | virpil cm3 throttle | 55" 4k UHDTV | HP R-G2 VR | DCS

28 minutes ago, btacon said:

Build one for us all then, a proper one
-B

Some posters on the PMDG 737 forum are not happy about the white boxes that they have now after the update, that they didn't have before...LOL

Edited by Bobsk8

26 minutes ago, Bobsk8 said:

Some posters on the PMDG 737 forum are not happy about the white boxes that they have now after the update, that they didn't have before...LOL

Ive just tested the 738 and confirm I get this ridiculous problem with a massive white dot and what jaggy boxes around displays.  I dont even use a joystick or hatswitch.Problem occurs even if no controller is touched, panning using the mouse or using TrackIR

800driver.jpg

Chris Ibbotson