Sign in to follow this  
Pastaiolo

MSFS 2024 Updated FAQ

1 hour ago, Kaiii3 said:

the big question at the moment is the "data-provider issue" we are facing.... and tbh I have the feeling it might be related to what we have seen yesterday 😞 If that is the case - we have to start from scratch regarding the live-data part of the addon....

But overall yesterdays presentation regarding AI traffic (aviation, ships and road traffic) give me much hope we will see significat changes in the core of the simulator we all as 3rd party can benefit.

Oh yeah that could be an issue, guess we'll see. 

HP Reverb G2 - Windows 11 64bit, Gigabyte Z590 Aorus Elite Mobo, i7-10700KF CPU, Gigabyte 3070ti GPU, 32gig Corsair 3600mhz RAM, SSD x2 + M.2 SSD 1tb x1

Saitek X45 HOTAS - Saitek Pro Rudder Pedals - Logitech Flight Yoke - Homemade 3 Button & 8-directional Joystick Box, SNES Controller (used as a Button Box - Additional USB Numpad (used as a Button Box)

Was hoping for some info about Multi Monitor support + improved FG….

13900 8 cores @ 5.5-5.8 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.3 GHz (hyperthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D4 - GSkill Ripjaws 2x 16 Gb 4266 mhz @ 3200 mhz / cas 13 -  Inno3D RTX4090 X3 iCHILL 24 Gb - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 1Tb - Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Thermaltake Level 10 GT case - EKWB Extreme 240 liquid cooling set push/pull - 2x 55’ Sony 4K tv's as front view and right view.

13600  6 cores @ 5.1 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.0 GHz (hypterthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D - GSkill Trident 4x Gb 3200 MHz cas 15 - Asus TUF RTX 4080 16 Gb  - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 2x  Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Corsair D4000 Airflow case - NXT Krajen Z63 AIO liquide cooling - 1x 65” Sony 4K tv as left view.

FOV : 190 degrees

My flightsim vids :  https://www.youtube.com/user/fswidesim/videos?shelf_id=0&sort=dd&view=0

Wonder if they will finally make it so all airports don't have to have their runway lighting illuminated all day every day.  

• Upvote 1

5800X3D, Gigabyte X570S MB, 4090FE, 32GB DDR4 3600 CL14, EVO 970 M.2's, Alienware 3821DW  and 2  22" monitors,  Corsair RM1000x PSU,  360MM MSI MEG, MFG Crosswind, T16000M Stick, Boeing TCA Yoke/Throttle, Skalarki MCDU and FCU, Saitek Radio Panel/Switch Panel, Spad.Next

Has there been any discussion on the upgrade path (not pricing).  Will this be available from Marketplace and/or the MS Store and install over the top of 2020 or will it require an uninstall?

Ta- C

Best-

Carl Avari-Cooper

2 minutes ago, cavaricooper said:

Has there been any discussion on the upgrade path (not pricing).  Will this be available from Marketplace and/or the MS Store and install over the top of 2020 or will it require an uninstall?

Ta- C

Think you can safely assume that it's a completely different product, i.e it'll install alongside MSFS 2020. No upgrades, no installing on top nor do you need to uninstall. You can run both.

Asus TUF X670E-PLUS | 7800X3D | G.Skill 32GB DDR @ CL30 6000MHz | RTX 4090 Founders Edition (Undervolted) | WD SNX 850X 2TB + 4TB + 4TB

When can folks buy 24' ?

Edited by jymp
  • Like 2

21 minutes ago, Paul K said:

Another thought - I hope MSFS2024 is available on Steam.

You can bet your sweet bippy it will be lol

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

5800X3D. 32 GB RAM. 1TB SATA SSD. 3TB HDD. RTX 3070 Ti.

Besides multiple release channels, I'm just hoping against hope they open some sort of early-access-for-pay program or at least something similar to what they did with MSFS 2020 in order to get more users testing it before initial release. They can't do full open betas obviously like they do currently for MSFS 2020 updates since it can't be for free, but either a select group of alpha testers like pre-2020, but also adding a for-pay early access program would be great... but then again, I guess there would NDA and leakage-of-info issues. Unless they only start the early-access program when they are at a point where they don't care about NDA and leaks.

Len
1980s: Sublogic FS II on C64 ---> 1990s: Flight Unlimited I/II, MSFS 95/98 ---> 2000s/2010s: FS/X, P3D, XP ---> 2020+: MSFS
Current system: i9 13900K, RTX 4090, 64GB DDR5 4800 RAM, 4TB NVMe SSD

5 minutes ago, lwt1971 said:

I'm just hoping against hope they open some sort of early-access-for-pay program

No. Just no.

I hate early access. You pay ME if I'm supposed to test your software. I do not pay YOU for the privilege of testing your software. 😉

9 minutes ago, Farlis said:

No. Just no.

I hate early access. You pay ME if I'm supposed to test your software. I do not pay YOU for the privilege of testing your software. 😉

Well good, you can choose not to pay... there'll be many users who would jump at the chance for early access (meaning they roll into the final release for free when it comes). So it's more like a pre-order with access to earlier builds, not seeing what the problem is here (from the end-user point of view) for those who actually want that. The only problems I see are on MS/Asobo's end in terms of NDA and leaks.

Edited by lwt1971

Len
1980s: Sublogic FS II on C64 ---> 1990s: Flight Unlimited I/II, MSFS 95/98 ---> 2000s/2010s: FS/X, P3D, XP ---> 2020+: MSFS
Current system: i9 13900K, RTX 4090, 64GB DDR5 4800 RAM, 4TB NVMe SSD

Has anybody heard anything in the ms2024 announcements about updated bing map scenery data?  

Fs2020 they had a semi open (you had to apply and be selected) beta that was free.  The testers had to buy the product upon release if they wanted to still use it after the beta period.  As I applied, but was never selected, I’d buy a copy in advance to be part of it. No problem.  Early access isn’t meant to be hard core beta testing, more useful for stress testing load and general trends.  Public betas/early access tend to attract 2 types of people: guys that just want to use the product as soon as possible, and don’t mind bugginess (me!) and guys who think they are part of the development team, and fill up the space with complaints that the product isn’t the one they want.  Other than in the aggregate, dev teams don’t get much useful info from either group individually.  They have their own internal teams that do the actual real work of testing.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, cavaricooper said:

Ta- C

I'm pretty sure we will see similar offerings like when MSFS 2020 was released. 3 tiers with more planes, ect with each tier you purchase. 

• Upvote 1