Sign in to follow this  
abrams_tank

FSLabs alluding that they will focus on MSFS going forward

Why would an FSL developer fly, say, the Concorde on VATSIM/Volanta and then hide that by setting the model or Volanta's aircraft setting to A321 of all planes if it didn't mean anything or he didn't want to hint at something? The only plausible explanation, if it's not actually an A321, is it was done by mistake.

Microsoft Flight Simulator | PMDG 737 for MSFS | Fenix A320 | www.united-virtual.com | www.virtual-aal.com | Ryzen 9 7950X3D | Kingston Fury Renegade 32 GB | RTX 3090 MSI Suprim X | Windows 11 Pro | HP Reverb G2 VR HMD

Edited by Nixoq

Microsoft Flight Simulator | PMDG 737 for MSFS | Fenix A320 | www.united-virtual.com | www.virtual-aal.com | Ryzen 9 7950X3D | Kingston Fury Renegade 32 GB | RTX 3090 MSI Suprim X | Windows 11 Pro | HP Reverb G2 VR HMD

Edited by Nixoq

21 minutes ago, Nixoq said:

Why would an FSL developer fly, say, the Concorde on VATSIM/Volanta and then hide that by setting the model or Volanta's aircraft setting to A321 of all planes if it didn't mean anything or he didn't want to hint at something? The only plausible explanation, if it's not actually an A321, is it was done by mistake.

I don't know what sim the Concorde flights were in (It may have been P3D) but I just remember the twitch stream that showed it off that the profile was showing A321 flights in MSFS. They weren't changing it from Concorde to an A321 as they were actually replicating flights you would typically do in such a plane.

We won't actually know until stuff is actually announced / released but it was interesting to see.

Edited by Zangoose
  • Like 1

Matt

Vote for better camera support in MSFS: https://devsupport.flightsimulator.com/t/camera-api/3077/29

16 minutes ago, Nixoq said:

Well an A321 doesn't stand out in the whole picture, while a Concorde already stands out by the different symbol being used on the SimAware Vatsim map. He wasn't expecting people actually looked at his name, I guess.

As for Volanta: Volanta does inject Vatsim traffic, too, so it could have been him using Vatsim only and therefore his chosen Vatsim model ICAO code would also show on Volanta.

But to be honest I feel a bit stupid speculating about such minor things without barely any facts. I'd be hugely suprised if FSL was anywhere close to an Alpha A321 for MSFS; no reason why they would not hype it with previews, I mean they previewed the Concorde for years and it's still not ready...

• Like 1

My point is just that if you're an FSL developer, choosing an A321 is going to make people wonder.

• Upvote 1

24 minutes ago, Nixoq said:

My point is just that if you're an FSL developer, choosing an A321 is going to make people wonder.

We can agree on that 🙂

• Like 1

And there we have it, an extract from the announcement posted at the FSLabs forum (my bolding):

"While we understand and acknowledge the potential of P3Dv6, at this point in time, our resources and attention are devoted to maximizing the features and compatibility of our products with MSFS. Therefore, given the significant amount of work required to bring full compatibility to our products for P3Dv6, we have decided to revisit the possibility of adapting our lineup for P3Dv6 once we have successfully executed our current focus."

Here is the link:

https://forums.flightsimlabs.com/topic/32876-04-july-2023-news-update/

Edited by SierraDelta
  • Like 7

Cheers, Søren Dissing

CPU: Intel i9-13900K @5.6-5.8 Ghz | Cooler: ASUS ROG RYUJIN III | GPU: ASUS Strix RTX4090 OC | MoBo: ASUS ROG Maximus Z790 Hero | RAM: 64Gb DDR5 @5600 | SSDs: 1Tb Samsung M.2 980 PRO (Win11), 1Tb Samsung M.2 980 PRO (MSFS), | Case: ASUS ROG Helios 601 | Monitor: 32” ASUS PG32UCDM 240hz 4K | Additional Hardware: HP Reverb G2, TM TCA Captain's Edition, Tobii 5 | OS: Win 11 Pro 64 | Sim: MSFS | BA Virtual | PSXT, RealTraffic w/ AIG models

17 minutes ago, SierraDelta said:

And there we have it, an extract from the announcement posted at the FSLabs forum (my bolding):

"While we understand and acknowledge the potential of P3Dv6, at this point in time, our resources and attention are devoted to maximizing the features and compatibility of our products with MSFS. Therefore, given the significant amount of work required to bring full compatibility to our products for P3Dv6, we have decided to revisit the possibility of adapting our lineup for P3Dv6 once we have successfully executed our current focus."

Here is the link:

Wow, Lefteris finally comes out of the shadows and makes a comment. It was like one year ago where he made his last comment about MSFS. Thanks for the link to Lefteris's comment!

Edited by abrams_tank
  • Like 1

i5-12400, RTX 3060 Ti, 32 GB RAM

28 minutes ago, SierraDelta said:

Here is the link:

It's about time!

Well what do you know.. FSL, A2A, PMDG, iniBuilds etc etc all focusing on MSFS all-in, in bringing their multiple aircraft to MSFS. I guess MSFS 2020 is a platform that's entirely capable of hosting the kind of realism these very discerning aircraft devs seek ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

FSL pretty much says in this statement that their "current focus" is to bring their "existing product lineup" to MSFS before even looking at P3Dv6, so that's mighty encouraging. And given what they've said a few times recently about testing the Concorde in MSFS and particularly here https://forums.flightsimlabs.com/topic/32739-p3d-v6/?do=findComment&comment=259821 (i.e. "we get to play with a number of our own addons in MSFS"), I'd say multiple aircraft of theirs are in testing stages for MSFS. Of course that doesn't mean they are weeks/months away from release but we might see our first FSL aircraft for MSFS most probably by 2024, and dare I say it, even before EOY 2023? 🙂 (given that their P3D v5 Concorde is days away from going to to release candidate stage, definitely not out of the realm of possibility they release the MSFS Concorde before EOY)

Edited by lwt1971
  • Like 6

Len
1980s: Sublogic FS II on C64 ---> 1990s: Flight Unlimited I/II, MSFS 95/98 ---> 2000s/2010s: FS/X, P3D, XP ---> 2020+: MSFS
Current system: i9 13900K, RTX 4090, 64GB DDR5 4800 RAM, 4TB NVMe SSD

1 hour ago, SierraDelta said:

Here is the link:

MSFS FSL A321 confirmed. 😉😁

Eric 

27 minutes ago, lwt1971 said:

Well what do you know.. FSL, A2A, PMDG all focusing on MSFS all-in, in bringing their multiple aircraft to MSFS. I guess MSFS 2020 is a platform that's entirely capable of hosting the kind of realism these very discerning aircraft devs seek ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

FSL pretty much says in this statement that their "current focus" is to bring their "existing product lineup" to MSFS before even looking at P3Dv6, so that's mighty encouraging. And given what they've said a few times recently about testing the Concorde in MSFS and particularly here https://forums.flightsimlabs.com/topic/32739-p3d-v6/?do=findComment&comment=259821 (i.e. "we get to play with a number of our own addons in MSFS"), I'd say multiple aircraft of theirs are in testing stages for MSFS. Of course that doesn't mean they are weeks/months away from release but we might see our first FSL aircraft for MSFS most probably by 2024, and dare I say it, even before EOY 2023? 🙂 (given that their P3D v5 Concorde is days away from going to to release candidate stage, definitely not out of the realm of possibility they release the MSFS Concorde before EOY)

Yup. The initial comment in this thread was from Andrew Wilson of FSLabs. It wasn't Lefteris, but Andrew still gave some insight on FSLab's thinking and current strategy. For Lefteris to come out and reaffirm what Andrew Wilson said, it just confirms what we all thought, that FSLabs is prioritizing MSFS now.

I am also very curious to know how far along the FSLabs Concorde for MSFS is. If FSLabs is far along enough with their Concorde for MSFS, we may well see an FSLabs Concorde in 2024 for MSFS, exactly what you predicted.

The question is, if MSFS 2024 comes out before FSLabs releases their Concorde for MSFS, whether FSLabs will release the Concorde for MSFS 2020 only, or whether FSLabs will release their Concorde for MSFS 2024 🤣.  As per what Lefteris said about FSLabs not upgrading their products to P3D version 6, Lefteris is more or less inferring that the Concorde will only be initially released for P3D version 5 (and the upgrade of the Concorde to P3D version 6 may come after FSLabs releases their products to MSFS).  If this behavior from FSLabs is repeated, then if MSFS 2024 is released before the FSLabs Concorde is released, I am going to wonder if FSLabs will only release their Concorde for MSFS 2020 and not MSFS 2024 🤣🤣🤣.

Edited by abrams_tank
  • Like 2

i5-12400, RTX 3060 Ti, 32 GB RAM

3 minutes ago, abrams_tank said:

The question is, if MSFS 2024 comes out before FSLabs releases their Concorde for MSFS, whether FSLabs will release the Concorde for MSFS 2020 only, or whether FSLabs will release their Concorde for MSFS 2024 🤣.  As per what Lefteris said about FSLabs not upgrading their products to P3D version 6, Lefteris is more or less inferring that the Concorde will only be initially released for P3D version 5 (and the upgrade of the Concorde to P3D version 6 may come after FSLabs releases their products to MSFS).  If this behavior from FSLabs is repeated, then if MSFS 2024 is released before the FSLabs Concorde is released, I am going to wonder if FSLabs will only release their Concorde for MSFS 2020

They will release the Concorde in MSFS 2020 while MSFS 2050 has been released LOL! 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D, 64GB DDR5 6000MHZ RAM, RTX 2080Super 

2 minutes ago, abrams_tank said:

The question is, if MSFS 2024 comes out before FSLabs releases their Concorde for MSFS, whether FSLabs will release the Concorde for MSFS 2020 only, or whether FSLabs will release their Concorde for MSFS 2024 🤣.  As per what Lefteris said about FSLabs not upgrading their products to P3D version 6, Lefteris is more or less inferring that the Concorde will only be released for P3D version 5.  If this behavior from FSLabs is repeated, then if MSFS 2024 is released before the FSLabs Concorde is released, I am going to wonder if FSLabs will only release their Concorde for MSFS 2020 🤣🤣🤣.

Ya good questions..  the way I see it, if their first aircraft release(s) for MSFS don't look like they'll happen until later in 2024 after MSFS 2024 releases, then also given the fact that MS/Asobo plan to make the MSFS 2024 SDK available in early access form this year onwards, FSL might well just take the extra time to make their aircraft take advantage of MSFS 2024 specific features. But all that said, I am more encouraged today than before that a FSL aircraft might land for MSFS 2020 this year, be it the Concorde or the A321 or my hope-springs-eternal-hope.. the A330 🙂

• Like 2

Len
1980s: Sublogic FS II on C64 ---> 1990s: Flight Unlimited I/II, MSFS 95/98 ---> 2000s/2010s: FS/X, P3D, XP ---> 2020+: MSFS
Current system: i9 13900K, RTX 4090, 64GB DDR5 4800 RAM, 4TB NVMe SSD