Sign in to follow this  
Rocky_53

What Have You Done Asobo?

3 minutes ago, lwt1971 said:

Lol but these alternate-reality clairvoyance by these sages are so entertaining though... battling reality with their bold predictions and profound insights into Microsoft & Asobo's financial health, how MSFS is going to fail, how MS is gonna cut and run, XBox being the root of all evil, un-Serious Sim ™️, omgee 2024 is arcadey missionz!! ™️ , omgee 2024 means they need money ™️, ... <insert loony take here> , etc 😂

Yup guess we better all run back to the epitome of cutting-edge that was and is <insert non-MSFS sim name here>

I'll tell you what Len sometimes I'm ashamed to be associated with some of the people who post this stuff.  Here's another choice one, "...You [Asobo] have the chance to redeem yourselves from those past mistakes...

Spoiled Brats R Us.

Edited by Noel
  • Like 2

Noel

System:  7800x3D, Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut, Noctua NH-U12A, MSI Pro 650-P WiFi, G.SKILL Ripjaws S5 Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin PC RAM DDR5 6000, WD NVMe 2Tb x 1, Sabrent NVMe 2Tb x 1, RTX 4090 FE, Corsair RM1000W PSU, Win11 Home, LG Ultra Curved Gsync Ultimate 3440x1440, Phanteks Enthoo Pro Case, TCA Boeing Edition Yoke & TQ, Cessna Trim Wheel, RTSS Framerate Limiter w/ Edge Sync for near zero Frame Time Variance achieving ultra-fluid animation at lower frame rates.

Aircraft used in A Pilot's Life V2:  PMDG 738, Aerosoft CRJ700, FBW A320nx, WT 787X

2 hours ago, Garys said:

The answer to this is simple..... XBOX. This is what happens when you take a gaming title designed to run on a pc and cram it into an entry level console such as the S

Here's a mind-blowing alternate take (well actually it's reality, given that MS/Asobo have stated this many times, and also because it's common sense): MSFS has visuals configurability... On the PC all this configurability is available and visuals can be turned up or down as one wishes... On the XBox X and S (which are basically PCs running Windows but with confinements and certain hardware differences like a single pool of fast memory for CPU and GPU), on these XBOX things the MSFS visual configuration is hardcoded and locked for each of the XBox X and S flavored machines (more visual fidelity for X, less for S).  So no, MSFS is not designed to "cram into an entry level console such as the S", nor is it being made to cater to the lowest common denominator in all the supported hardware (i.e. XBox S).

Edited by lwt1971
  • Like 13

Len
1980s: Sublogic FS II on C64 ---> 1990s: Flight Unlimited I/II, MSFS 95/98 ---> 2000s/2010s: FS/X, P3D, XP ---> 2020+: MSFS
Current system: i9 13900K, RTX 4090, 64GB DDR5 4800 RAM, 4TB NVMe SSD

Does anyone remember how MSFS 2020 ran when it was first released? I'll give a reminder... performance was word not allowed compared to what it is today. No one would be running fancy addons if MSFS looked and performed the same as it did on day one.

• Like 3

22 minutes ago, lwt1971 said:

So no, MSFS is not designed to "cram into an entry level console such as the S", nor is it being made to cater to the lowest common denominator in all the supported hardware (i.e. XBox S).

My take, all along, was that MS was going to use the XBox port to draw more total users, fully appreciating anyone who became smitten would migrate to PC.  Certainly this has happened but to what degree no one here could say.  Xbox has been a method to build their long term user base, and I don't think you could use a more effective method than to let people find out if it's for them or not.  A feature about this "game" is that people who get smitten stay with it for the long term--like me, going on 40 years now.  MS jumped in on Flight Simulator in 1982--they continued to develop or underwrite it for another 27 years.   They took a short break, and now they're at it again and delivered a sim miles ahead of the competition at release, and it improves steadily with the some modest setbacks along the way as is to be expected w/ a project of this magnitude.

• Like 2

Noel

System:  7800x3D, Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut, Noctua NH-U12A, MSI Pro 650-P WiFi, G.SKILL Ripjaws S5 Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin PC RAM DDR5 6000, WD NVMe 2Tb x 1, Sabrent NVMe 2Tb x 1, RTX 4090 FE, Corsair RM1000W PSU, Win11 Home, LG Ultra Curved Gsync Ultimate 3440x1440, Phanteks Enthoo Pro Case, TCA Boeing Edition Yoke & TQ, Cessna Trim Wheel, RTSS Framerate Limiter w/ Edge Sync for near zero Frame Time Variance achieving ultra-fluid animation at lower frame rates.

Aircraft used in A Pilot's Life V2:  PMDG 738, Aerosoft CRJ700, FBW A320nx, WT 787X

3 hours ago, Rockliffe said:

The first time I flew in 2020 I was blown away with things, especially how crisp the ground textures were and how that awful morphing was no longer present on hills and mountains. Wow, what a difference now! For some time now all I can see is awful blurry ground textures. Even with both LODs set to 120 and all other 'heavy hitters' set to high rather than ultra. No AI cars or other heavy scenarios. All scenery disbaled via addon linker, except for the airports I'm using. I have to admit I am getting rather tired of how things seem to continue taking a backward step after each update, at least that's what it seems like to me. For the first time since using 2020 I have had thoughts about reinstalling P3D! That is a last resort, as 2020 has such a lot going for it. Please Asobo, sort this out, as it is a real game spoiler.

From what ive been experiencing i agree that things are getting worst in terms of ground or object texture loading times, what i found also, is that depends a lot on where you fly and when you fly, i guess Asobo servers are overwhelmed specially at peak hours.

I disabled photogrammetry, things got a little better...don't know if this is what you referring to, but this issue is real, at least for me.

• Like 1

Marques

Ryzen 7 7700x@5.4Ghz | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360| RTX 4070 ti | 32GB Ram @5600MHZ| Crucial MX 200 M.2 500GB |Crucial MX200 SATA 500GB | HTC Vive | XIAOMI 43" 4k TV | Acer Predator 27" G-Sync | AOC 32" Freesync

People who refuse to adopt MSFS "because it may someday be discontinued" are like a man who won't buy an iPhone 14 in 2023 because Apple no longer supports the iPhone 4 he bought back in 2010. The man reasons that today's iPhone 14 will someday be discontinued by Apple as well -- and that's certainly true. So he ends up stuck with an antiquated flip phone, which provides far less customer support than the new iPhone 14 he refuses to buy because he fears losing customer support. As Carl Sagan used to say, "Given enough time, everything in the universe changes." The best we can do is to enjoy the present moment on the best-available flight simulator: MSFS and, soon, MSFS2024.

• Like 13

Processor: Intel i9-13900KF 5.8GHz 24-Core, Graphics Processor: Nvidia RTX 4090 24GB GDDR6, System Memory: 64GB High Performance DDR5 SDRAM 5600MHz, Operating System: Windows 11 Home Edition, Motherboard: Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX, LGA 1700, CPU Cooling: Corsair H100i Elite 240mm Liquid Cooling, RGB and LCD Display, Chassis Fans: Corsair Low Decibel, Addressable RGB Fans, Power Supply: Corsair HX1000i Fully Modular Ultra-Low-Noise Platinum ATX 1000 Watt, Primary Storage: 2TB Samsung Gen 4 NVMe SSD, Secondary Storage: 1TB Samsung Gen 4 NVMe SSD, VR Headset: Meta Quest 2, Primary Display: SONY 4K Bravia 75-inch, 2nd Display: SONY 4K Bravia 43-inch, 3rd Display: Vizio 28-inch, 1920x1080. Controller: Xbox Controller attached to PC via USB.

4 hours ago, Sky_Pilot071 said:

P3D all the way IMO.  MSFS has no future.

sp

lol

Intel i7 10700K | Asus Maximus XII Hero | Asus TUF RTX 3090 | 32GB HyperX Fury 3200 DDR4 | 1TB Samsung M.2 (W11) | 2TB Samsung M.2 (MSFS2020) | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 280mm AIO | 43" Samsung Q90B | 27" Asus Monitor

3 hours ago, RichieFly said:

Recent articles have MS admitting that XBox was/is mostly a bust. They are hoping that MSFS moves some consoles and it probably has. But if they determine that XBox is a looser

Do you have a link to these articles?

• Upvote 2

5 hours ago, Rockliffe said:

For some time now all I can see is awful blurry ground textures. Even with both LODs set to 120 and all other 'heavy hitters' set to high rather than ultra

Haven’t seen that here.

• Upvote 2

i910900k, RTX 3090, 32GB DDR4 RAM, AW3423DW, Ruddy girt big mug of Yorkshire Tea

4 hours ago, Noel said:

and delivered a sim miles ahead of the competition at release

Except the revolutionary graphics that indeed where miles ahead, it has been a step back in all other aspects, compared to what we were used to with P3D/XP. And 3 years later, they still didn’t announce basic stuff like a replay, tower-view or the possibility of 3D-weather-radars, although we had them in P3D/FSX with ActiveSky since years.

i912900k, RTX 3090, 32GB RAM

7 hours ago, CaptainAddOn said:

I think you may be being sarcastic, but to be honest, those of us who saw Aces get shutdown know that your statement here may be prescient.

Sounds like a certain developer's wishful thinking from a certain Q&A at FlightSimExpo, because that developer knows that unless Microsoft gets out of the way, his own sim has no future. 

When Aces got shutdown, it was done by Microsoft that was an entirely different corporation with a completely different leadership and corporate philosophy.

MSFS is here to stay, and dominate the market indefinitely. Sorry not sorry if that disappoints someone.

Edited by Abriael
  • Like 6

spacer.png

News Editor at Techraptor, previously at Twinfinite.

spacer.png

8 hours ago, Rockliffe said:

For some time now all I can see is awful blurry ground textures. Even with both LODs set to 120 and all other 'heavy hitters' set to high rather than ultra. No AI cars or other heavy scenarios. All scenery disbaled via addon linker, except for the airports I'm using. 

The issue is on your end, it has nothing to do with Asobo.  Stop blaming them and the sim.

I'm running hardware nowhere near as powerful as yours.  I can run Ultra settings, get a smooth consistent 30fps, and the graphics are sharp and crisp. I run all manner of traffic, ships and AI plane packages and tons of scenery addons all at the same time.  Nothing has degraded from when I started using the sim, it looks better than ever and is running as well as it ever has.

You either have an internet issue, a computer issue or both.  The sim is in the best state it's ever been in.

Edited by The Moose
  • Like 6

5 hours ago, lwt1971 said:

Here's a mind-blowing alternate take (well actually it's reality, given that MS/Asobo have stated this many times, and also because it's common sense): MSFS has visuals configurability... On the PC all this configurability is available and visuals can be turned up or down as one wishes... On the XBox X and S (which are basically PCs running Windows but with confinements and certain hardware differences like a single pool of fast memory for CPU and GPU), on these XBOX things the MSFS visual configuration is hardcoded and locked for each of the XBox X and S flavored machines (more visual fidelity for X, less for S).  So no, MSFS is not designed to "cram into an entry level console such as the S", nor is it being made to cater to the lowest common denominator in all the supported hardware (i.e. XBox S).

You took the words right out of my fingers.

I think the more they move to the cloud, especially texture streaming, the more likely simmers will have a varied experience; on low bandwidth and connection speed it will likely download the lower quality versions of textures, to prevent severe performance issues. Could be wrong, but it seems logical.

• Like 1

the only thing the difference with X box and the PC - without any tweaking of LODs etc - we get 4K Utra HDR10 - 

but we have to wait for all the new stuff and updates enjoyed by PC

edit

Edited by Rockliffe

Howard
MSI Mag B650 Tomahawk MB, Ryzen7-7800X3D CPU@5ghz, Arctic AIO II 360 cooler, Nvidia RTX3090 GPU, 32gb DDR5@6000Mhz, SSD/2Tb+SSD/500Gb+OS, Corsair 1000W PSU, Philips BDM4350UC 43" 4K IPS, MFG Crosswinds, TQ6 Throttle, Fulcrum One Yoke
My FlightSim YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/@skyhigh776