Sign in to follow this  
UrgentSiesta

v6 Addon compatibility list from those who dare!

1 minute ago, Patriot3810 said:

does anyone know of a good source on how to get the installer's to work in the new version? Like airports from fsdreamteam and the aerosoft a330? It may sound funny, But i have never used anything accept official installers from all the add-ons I own

What do you mean 'source'? If you mean 'method', then simply do the registry "trick". That's what I did with the PMDG 777.

Best regards,
--Anders Bermann--

Pilot-ID: SAS2471

I have a fresh install of windows 11 installed without having v5 installed. After i install version 6, I assume i just add v5 to the registry, and point it to version 6. I don't want to hijack this thread for it's original purpose. Thanks.

4 minutes ago, anden145 said:

What do you mean 'source'? If you mean 'method', then simply do the registry "trick". That's what I did with the PMDG 777.

What is the registry "trick"?

32 minutes ago, Joseph29 said:

What is the registry "trick"?

Check here:

https://www.avsim.com/forums/topic/635629-registry-trick-for-installing-addons-in-p3d-v6/

Edited by Ray Proudfoot
Post modified to point to new v6 instructions.
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Best regards,
--Anders Bermann--

5 hours ago, Deltaguy said:

I know it's an old aircraft, but the Quality wings 757 works perfectly in V6

I am very tempted to get V6 and i love flying this aircraft, can you tell me how you installed it into V6 (i'm currently running v4) 

My youtube channel

http://www.youtube.com/c/Dkentflyer

Hmm ... I cannot get ORBX installer to work. Keeps complaining that my terrain.cfg is corrupt 😕

Best regards,
--Anders Bermann--

@Ray Proudfoot
Small guide created here. Hope it's sufficient. 🙂

It is. Many thanks. 👏

• Like 1

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Hmm ... I cannot get ORBX installer to work. Keeps complaining that my terrain.cfg is corrupt 😕

Does the v6 terrain.cfg file follow the same format as the v5 one?

What happens if (after you make a backup of your current v6 one) you take a v5 terrain.cfg and add in any changes as required?

• Like 1

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D; MSI RTX 3080 Ti VENTUS 3X; 32GB Corsair 3200 MHz; ASUS VG35VQ 35" (3440 x 1440)
Fulcrum One yoke; Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack Airbus edition; MFG Crosswind rudder pedals; CPFlight MCP 737; Logitech FIP x3; TrackIR

MSFS; Fenix A320; A2A PA-24; HPG H145; PMDG 737-600; AIG; RealTraffic; PSXTraffic; FSiPanel; REX AccuSeason Adv; FSDT GSX Pro; FS2Crew RAAS Pro; FS-ATC Chatter

3 minutes ago, F737MAX said:

Does the v6 terrain.cfg file follow the same format as the v5 one?

What happens if (after you make a backup of your current v6 one) you take a v5 terrain.cfg and add in any changes as required?

I don't know. I don't have v5 installed... At first, it complained about the exe.xml file. I then created a symbolic-link between C:\ProgramData\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v6 and C:\ProgramData\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v5. Which helped for that particular error. But then it threw the terrain.cfg error instead... 

Best regards,
--Anders Bermann--

@F737MAX
Where is the terrain.cfg file located in Prepar3D v5? Is it in "C:\ProgramData\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v5" or somewhere else?

Best regards,
--Anders Bermann--

16 minutes ago, anden145 said:

@F737MAX
Where is the terrain.cfg file located in Prepar3D v5? Is it in "C:\ProgramData\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v5" or somewhere else?

Yes, that's its location.

Edited by F737MAX
  • Like 1

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D; MSI RTX 3080 Ti VENTUS 3X; 32GB Corsair 3200 MHz; ASUS VG35VQ 35" (3440 x 1440)
Fulcrum One yoke; Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack Airbus edition; MFG Crosswind rudder pedals; CPFlight MCP 737; Logitech FIP x3; TrackIR

MSFS; Fenix A320; A2A PA-24; HPG H145; PMDG 737-600; AIG; RealTraffic; PSXTraffic; FSiPanel; REX AccuSeason Adv; FSDT GSX Pro; FS2Crew RAAS Pro; FS-ATC Chatter

On the Living Airports Facebook page, a big plus in my opinion - 

Hi guys,
Today Lockheed Martin released Prepar3D v6, to make it short, 3D Lights for P3D v2 is compatible with this new version, but of course I need to improve a little things to make it look better, in the meantime a small file will be uploaded to Simmarket to install in P3Dv6. By the way you don't need to uninstall your current installation 🙂
  • Like 1

Ian S

38.jpg

PMDG 737NGXu seems to be working as well. With the registry 'trick' done.

I also managed to get ChasePlane to be installed, but it isn't launching, so I guess something needs to be done from the developers side? In order for ORBX (incl. ChasePlane) to be installed, I had to create a symbolic link between "C:\ProgramData\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v6" and C:\ProgramData\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v5".

EDIT: Regarding PMDG: Now, they already said, that they had 'bad' (or not satisfactory) results with just installing it into Prepar3D v6. Personally I don't see any, at the moment - but I haven't flown it extensively (yet) and there maybe systems or other weird things happening. We'll see... So far they've been installed, activated and loaded fine. 

Edited by anden145
  • Like 5
  • Upvote 5

Best regards,
--Anders Bermann--

I would like to hear more about which airports work and which ones don't.