Sign in to follow this  
UrgentSiesta

v6 Addon compatibility list from those who dare!

GSX Level 2 works flawlessly. So does SODE.
I really hope that HifiSim would update ActiveSky. I really miss the weather radar in my PMDG planes! 🙂

• Like 2

Best regards,
--Anders Bermann--

Pilot-ID: SAS2471

1 minute ago, anden145 said:

I really hope that HifiSim would update ActiveSky. I really miss the weather radar in my PMDG planes! 🙂

From my source who was a beta tester for v6… “testing HiFi Weather for V6 Beta now”.

Rest easy. 👍

• Like 6
  • Upvote 2

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Just now, Ray Proudfoot said:

From my source who was a beta tester for v6… “testing HiFi Weather for V6 Beta now”.

Rest easy. 👍

Nice! Thanks, Ray.
I'd thought it wouldn't be that easy, since they re-created the atmospheric environment... 🙂

Best regards,
--Anders Bermann--

15 minutes ago, anden145 said:

Nice! Thanks, Ray.
I'd thought it wouldn't be that easy, since they re-created the atmospheric environment... 🙂

Hi-Fi are very clever. 😉

• Like 4

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

21 minutes ago, anden145 said:

How to install SODE ?

Cordialement,
Jean-Marc.

ASUS ROG STRIX Z790-F, i9 13900K, 64 Go DDR5 Ram 4800 Mhz, RTX3090, 3 SSD M2 1TO, Alimentation Bequiet  1600 W, 2 Benq W1080ST

3 minutes ago, vjeanmarc said:

How to install SODE ?

Can be installed through the ORBX Central app. It was automatically installed, when installing GSX Level 2 (or just GSX) 🙂

Best regards,
--Anders Bermann--

Has anyone tried installing AI into v6? Which AI models work, and which ones need work? I hate flying into empty airports!

Edited by Joseph29

8 minutes ago, anden145 said:

Can be installed through the ORBX Central app. It was automatically installed, when installing GSX Level 2 (or just GSX) 🙂

Thanks, but ORBX does not see V6

Cordialement,
Jean-Marc.

ASUS ROG STRIX Z790-F, i9 13900K, 64 Go DDR5 Ram 4800 Mhz, RTX3090, 3 SSD M2 1TO, Alimentation Bequiet  1600 W, 2 Benq W1080ST

4 hours ago, anden145 said:

Have you tried installing ChasePlane?

I have it installed but it doesn’t see V6.

Vic green

FWIW as of last night P42 hasn't made a decision on whether to update ChasePlane, per a support ticket I submitted. 

I can also confirm the pmdg 737 ngxu and add-on, 747-400 747-8 777-200 777-300 all work. Don't attempt aerosoft planes. I tried the a330 and it crashed p3d v6 and the textures are messed up, as well as a white efb in the plane. What i am doing is saving a system restore on my boot drive, and my p3d drive. trying an add-on with the registry trick. Then see if it works. If it doesn't i restore my drives to previous state so far. I am going to try the QW 787 next.

• Like 4
  • Upvote 4

How are you guys installing stuff into v6? Are you just copying and pasting? Running the installers and pointing to v6? Or another way? I don't have v6 now but it would be helpful to me for when I do get v6.

34 minutes ago, Joseph29 said:

How are you guys installing stuff into v6? Are you just copying and pasting? Running the installers and pointing to v6? Or another way? I don't have v6 now but it would be helpful to me for when I do get v6.

1 hour ago, vjeanmarc said:

Thanks, but ORBX does not see V6

Besides using the registry fix, linked below, you also need to create a symbolic-link between the following folders

C:\ProgramData\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v5\ -> C:\ProgramData\Lochheed Martin\Prepar3D v6

Do the following:
Copy and paste the following into a command-prompt (Run as Admin):

mklink /J "C:\ProgramData\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v5" "C:\ProgramData\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v6"

That should work. 🙂

Close ORBX app (or any other application, which rely on the exe.xml/terrain.cfg files etc) or restart the computer if necessary. Then try again. 🙂

53 minutes ago, Patco Lch said:

I have it installed but it doesn’t see V6.

Please see registry 'fix' here

EDIT !!! 
The above solution (with Symbolic-links) probably won't work, if you already have Prepar3D v5 installed! If you have Prepar3D v5 installed, you could use Prepar3D v4 instead... Don't think it would make a huge difference. I have only tried it with creation of symbolic links to v5. v4 should work, but I haven't testet it. You could make a backup of the Prepar3D v5 folder and then rename it and then create the symbolic link (as described above)... But beware, that you could potentially mess up your Prepar3D v5 installation. 

Edited by anden145
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Best regards,
--Anders Bermann--