Sign in to follow this  
ark4diusz

Parallel 42 (chaseplane dev) statement on P3D v6

I don't know what kind of crazy stuff are you guys able to do with CP, but in my case I am doing exactly the same I used to do in P3D+CP now in MSFS. I have assigned my captain, overhead, pedestal, FMC, EFB views to number's keys in my keyboard and switching views.

I haven't tried outside views, but everything inside is assigned to key bindings.

• Like 4
  • Upvote 2

Ramon De Valencia

Intel i9 13900k @ stock / Windows 11 64 bit / 64GB DDR5 5600MHz CL36 RAM / GTX 4090 24GB VRAM / 1000 watt PSU

@ttbq1, not the place for an extensive discussion but are those views global or unique to each aircraft?

Outside views possible or not? Yes / No will suffice and again, global or aircraft specific?

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

26 minutes ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

I got the impression it’s a one-man band. It’s such a shame he’s denied access into the other sim since it’s difficult to imagine the default camera system is as sophisticated as CP.

It’s one of those utilities I deem mandatory for my sim of choice now. If it was to become available for the other sim it removes one of my red lines. But as long as it works in v5.4 then staying with that version isn’t a problem. With Concorde soon to arrive CP is going to be essential for the various internal views required.

I have used Ezdok and Chaseplane extensively in P3D. Why? Because the default camera system stinks. 

DCS, XP and MSFS offer customizable built-in systems making it possible to achieve everything I need to properly manage complex aircraft, namely: move inside the flight-deck with WASD keys, create and easily activate custom cameras for instrumentation and cabin views. 

Based on the last sentence of your statement, it just sounds you have never tried to use the camera systems in the other sims. It is totally possible to create cameras for different internal views in *all* of them for *specific* aircraft!

Edited by GCBraun
  • Like 8
  • Upvote 1

PC1: AMD Ryzen 7800X3D | Zotac RTX 4090 Trinity | Asus TUF X670E-Plus | G.SKILL Trident Z5 NEO 32GB DDR5 PC 6000 CL30 | 4TB NVMe  | Noctua NH-D15 | Asus TUF 1000W Gold | be quiet! Pure Base 500DX | Noctua NH-D15S | LG OLED CX 48"

PC2: AMD Ryzen 7700X | PowerColor Radeon RX 6800 XT Red Dragon | MSI MPG B650I EDGE  ITX | G.SKILL Flare Expo X5 32GB DDR5 PC 6000 CL32 | 2TB NVMe  | Cooler Master Hyper | Lian Li 750W SFX Gold | Lian Li TU150 | SAMSUNG Odyssey G9 49"

GoFlight GF-PRO NG 737 Yoke System - Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog - Honeycomb Bravo Throttle - MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals - TrackIR - Stream Deck XL + Stream Deck Plus

2 minutes ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

@ttbq1, not the place for an extensive discussion but are those views global or unique to each aircraft?

Outside views possible or not? Yes / No will suffice and again, global or aircraft specific?

Every single aircraft has its own Camera.cfg file, there is a 5 mins tutorial youtube video on how to assign views to key binding.

I don't know if external views can be set up the same way, I will check when I get home and let you know. If you want I will DM.

• Like 2

Ramon De Valencia

Intel i9 13900k @ stock / Windows 11 64 bit / 64GB DDR5 5600MHz CL36 RAM / GTX 4090 24GB VRAM / 1000 watt PSU

12 minutes ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

not the place for an extensive discussion but are those views global or unique to each aircraft?

unique for each aircraft. Outside views yes are possible. Profiles are also shared in flightsim.to if you are lazy to assign keys which is mostly drag and drop. The only limitation which I acknowledge, you are limited to 10 custom views (1 to 0 on your keyboard).  

• Like 5

AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D, 64GB DDR5 6000MHZ RAM, RTX 2080Super 

45 minutes ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

It’s one of those utilities I deem mandatory for my sim of choice now.

Does your CP have the tendency to stop responding if you click on a program on a second monitor and then return to the main one?

I usually have to restart CP at least twice during a long-ish flight.(3/4 hours).

Intel i7 6700K @4.3. 32gb Gskill 3200 RAM. Z170x Gigabyte m/b. 28" LG HD monitor. Win 10 Home. 500g Samsung 960 as Windows home. 1 Gb Mushkin SSD for P3D. GTX 1080 8gb.

I was one of the most devout chaseplane users in p3d.  I would say my late migration to msfs was mostly because of no chaseplane.  But I was able to find a few youtube videos that helped me significantly.  For the most part I can do just about everything with the default msfs camera system.  I'll always remember Chaseplane very positively.  In fact I was a late adopter of virtual cockpits.  I was never comfortable using them until I could assign aircraft specific views.  

• Like 7

5800X3D, Gigabyte X570S MB, 4090FE, 32GB DDR4 3600 CL14, EVO 970 M.2's, Alienware 3821DW  and 2  22" monitors,  Corsair RM1000x PSU,  360MM MSI MEG, MFG Crosswind, T16000M Stick, Boeing TCA Yoke/Throttle, Skalarki MCDU and FCU, Saitek Radio Panel/Switch Panel, Spad.Next

A bunch of responses in this thread are a real facepalm. 

It doesn't matter if the minority here will pay for an upgrade if it isn't feasible for the dev team. They have said why. Time for everybody to move on and stop harping on the issue (which isn't an actual issue).

Most 3rd party groups aren't supporting v6, why do you prople that is? Because 3rd party devs hate money? Spoiler Alert: Probably not. 

• Like 4
  • Upvote 1

Ark

--------------------------

I9 9900K @ 5ghz / 32GB G.Skill (Samsung B) / Aorus Master Mobo / EVGA GTX 2080Ti FTW 3

1 hour ago, GCBraun said:

Based on the last sentence of your statement, it just sounds you have never tried to use the camera systems in the other sims.

You’re right, I haven’t. Back in the days of P3D v3 I discovered Aivlasoft did a simple internal camera system for 10 pounds. I tried it and loved it. Later on when I discovered CP it was an instant upgrade as it handled external views which the Aivlasoft one didn’t.

Since then I haven’t investigated any others since CP did all I needed. I don’t have any other sims. 😉

• Upvote 1

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

1 hour ago, ttbq1 said:

If you want I will DM.

Thanks. Post here is fine.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

27 minutes ago, Arklight1 said:

A bunch of responses in this thread are a real facepalm. 

It doesn't matter if the minority here will pay for an upgrade if it isn't feasible for the dev team. They have said why. Time for everybody to move on and stop harping on the issue (which isn't an actual issue).

Most 3rd party groups aren't supporting v6, why do you prople that is? Because 3rd party devs hate money? Spoiler Alert: Probably not. 

Not a bunch, just a few.  Most of us are happy with our thousand off add-ons.  I'm locked in on 5.4 and i'm content.

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, IanHarrison said:

Does your CP have the tendency to stop responding if you click on a program on a second monitor and then return to the main one?

I usually have to restart CP at least twice during a long-ish flight.(3/4 hours).

I have problems with it when customising gates in GSX Level 2. Not CP’s fault. A reload of the system for my active plane sorts it.

I have another monitor but it runs on a separate PC.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

This has been a pretty entertaining thread.

giphy.gif

• Like 5
  • Upvote 4

Keven Menard 
Technical Director, //42

No response to my question I asked yesterday so will ask again - has anyone attempted to install Chaseplane into v6 via the registry trick? 

i9-13900K | 6400MHz DDR5 (32GB) | GeForce RTX 4090 24GB | ViewSonic 27in QHD VA 165Hz Curved | Windows 10 |

MSFS Premium Deluxe | PMDG 737 | PMDG 777 | Horizon 787-9

Marc

Another potential alternative is OpusFSI--I've been using that in P3D for camera control since the v3 days.  I have not seen anything from them regarding v6 compatibility yet.

• Like 2

Bob Scott | President and CEO, AVSIM Inc
ATP Gulfstream II-III-IV-V

System1 (P3Dv5/v4): i9-13900KS @ 6.0GHz, water 2x360mm, ASUS Z790 Hero, 32GB GSkill 7800MHz CAS36, ASUS RTX4090
Samsung 55" JS8500 4K TV@30Hz,
3x 2TB WD SN850X 1x 4TB Crucial P3 M.2 NVME SSD, EVGA 1600T2 PSU, 1.2Gbps internet
Fiber link to Yamaha RX-V467 Home Theater Receiver, Polk/Klipsch 6" bookshelf speakers, Polk 12" subwoofer, 12.9" iPad Pro
PFC yoke/throttle quad/pedals with custom Hall sensor retrofit, Thermaltake View 71 case, Stream Deck XL button box

Sys2 (MSFS/XPlane): i9-10900K @ 5.1GHz, 32GB 3600/15, nVidia RTX4090FE, Alienware AW3821DW 38" 21:9 GSync, EVGA 1000P2
Thrustmaster TCA Boeing Yoke, TCA Airbus Sidestick, 2x TCA Airbus Throttle quads, PFC Cirrus Pedals, Coolermaster HAF932 case

Portable Sys3 (P3Dv4/FSX/DCS): i9-9900K @ 5.0 Ghz, Noctua NH-D15, 32GB 3200/16, EVGA RTX3090, Dell S2417DG 24" GSync
Corsair RM850x PSU, TM TCA Officer Pack, Saitek combat pedals, TM Warthog HOTAS, Coolermaster HAF XB case