Sign in to follow this  
Balint Szarka

HiFi Sim's Active Sky P3D V6 is coming as Early Access Beta

2 hours ago, bbain1187 said:

"Some features of ASP6 are not compatible when using volumetric clouds at this time. This includes: Cloud detection features, in-cloud motion effect, in-cloud visibility reduction, high-resolution radar/precipitation accuracy, and ASCA compatibility."

I'd be interested to know if there is any radar functionality with volumetric clouds turned on. Like, is it passable, just not "high resolution?" Not having a working radar is one of the only reasons I haven't moved on to the other sim and I'd like to know that there's a pathway to ditching 2d clouds forever. Either way, I'll be supporting Hifi, as they've offered heavily discounted upgrade licenses for over a decade. 

Advanced radar (and the related radar API/SDK) is not available with volclouds right now.  We hope to bring this out in the future.  The non-detailed precip mapping and xgauge display is available, as well as any other P3D API/SDK-based weather/radar display, such as some 3rd party aircraft and the default P3D radar display/view.

Edited by Damian Clark
  • Like 4

Damian Clark
HiFi  Simulation Technologies

4 hours ago, CW46 said:

Have not bit the bullet for V6 as of yet but if I ever do Hi Fi AS would be the first add on I would purchase before anything else. I would have no complaints about purchasing it again and have used it for P3D V4, V5 as well as XP11 and 12. It is the go to live weather product as far as I am concerned.

70 dollars for P3Dv6, 40 Euros for Hi Fi AS.

Simming is becoming a rich man's (person's) hobby.

I shall be staying with V5.4. Quite good enough for what I want.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Intel i7 6700K @4.3. 32gb Gskill 3200 RAM. Z170x Gigabyte m/b. 28" LG HD monitor. Win 10 Home. 500g Samsung 960 as Windows home. 1 Gb Mushkin SSD for P3D. GTX 1080 8gb.

7 hours ago, dave2013 said:

Well, there may be other lower-priced alternatives in the future. 

I'm a big fan of Hifisim and have been using Active Sky for many years.  I want Active Sky P3Dv6 and will pay a good deal to have it.  However, I believe that 30 Euros is a bit much for a BETA product.  I would, in effect, be paying Hifisim to be a Beta tester for them instead of the other way around.

Just my 2c.

Dave

It’s 10 Euros cheaper than the versions for P3D v4/5 and XP.

You’re saving money by buying the beta version and in my experience their products are pretty stable.

The alternative is waiting and paying the full amount or looking at an alternative that may not be as good.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

9 hours ago, Damian Clark said:

Advanced radar (and the related radar API/SDK) is not available with volclouds right now.  We hope to bring this out in the future.  The non-detailed precip mapping and xgauge display is available, as well as any other P3D API/SDK-based weather/radar display, such as some 3rd party aircraft and the default P3D radar display/view.

I have bought both AS6 and ASCA and really like what they bring to the sim but am a bit confused regarding the disclaimer about volumetric clouds not working fully.

Does this mean they have to be turned off fully when using AS6 and ASCA together?

Thanks

So….when this latest version of Active Sky is out of beta and being sold at full price would I be correct in assuming it will actually cost more than the license for P3D V6 academic/home edition?

4 hours ago, jkeye said:

I have bought both AS6 and ASCA and really like what they bring to the sim but am a bit confused regarding the disclaimer about volumetric clouds not working fully.

Does this mean they have to be turned off fully when using AS6 and ASCA together?

Thanks

Volclouds replace everything in ASCA, you can use it, but there is no effect.  Volclouds work fine with ASP6, with the disclaimer regarding certain radar/cloud detection features are not yet working in volclouds, as described in the product page and the user's guide.

• Like 1

Damian Clark
HiFi  Simulation Technologies

3 hours ago, Damian Clark said:

Volclouds replace everything in ASCA, you can use it, but there is no effect.  Volclouds work fine with ASP6, with the disclaimer regarding certain radar/cloud detection features are not yet working in volclouds, as described in the product page and the user's guide.

Ok thanks for explaining this.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Damian Clark said:

To clarify, can we have both the Volumetric Clouds and the precipitation radar for add-in planes at the same time?

7 hours ago, jcomm said:

Wow, that sunset was very beautiful. In fact, the whole atmosphere and light looked very good. The clouds I don't like so much...

Too bad about the lack of support ( @Damian Clark, thank you!) , it could be a success because I think it's a step forward on the platform.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

12400F - 32GB DDR4 - RTX4070 - 1440p G-Sync UltraWide - Sennheiser GSX 1000 - O11 Air Mini - 1TB NVMe + 2TB SSD - Windows 11 Pro - Prepar3D 5.4 and MSFS

Active sky v6 was pretty much the last thing I needed.

With only 1 plane not working at all and another app that needs updating as well (and they will be), I am close to the point of removing v5.4 completely.

• Like 2

Does the PMDG weather radar work with ActiveSky 6 ? 

Edited by anden145
  • Upvote 1

Best regards,
--Anders Bermann--

Pilot-ID: SAS2471

2 minutes ago, anden145 said:

Does the PMDG weather radar work with ActiveSky 6 ? 

As far as I could tell no.

But very happy to be proven wrong.

Edited by anzac1977

On 7/9/2023 at 11:07 PM, Damian Clark said:

Yes, 30-50% off the planned retail price (TBD) is what we would consider significantly reduced.  YMMV.

Hey, if it´s not the team of HiFi who really really deserve the money, i have no clue who else would ever deserve to get money from us!🤨

Edited by BerndB
  • Like 3
  • Upvote 2

Bernd

P3D V6 -  PC spec: Intel i9-9900 overclocked 5 GHz HT off, 32 GB RAM, GPU Nvidia RTX3090 24GB, 2xM2 SSD, Skalarki HomeCockpit and Jeehell FMGS on a dedicated Server, PF3 for ATC, MCE, GSX, EFB, AS+ASCA+ENV and OrbXpf3-supporter.gif

On 7/10/2023 at 6:23 AM, IanHarrison said:

70 dollars for P3Dv6, 40 Euros for Hi Fi AS.

Simming is becoming a rich man's (person's) hobby.

I shall be staying with V5.4. Quite good enough for what I want.

Wow, that´s a complete new way for the definition of being rich. May i must be one of these rare "Super"-rich people, because i spent about 50 or 100 EUR at a weekend for fueling my Motorcycle, just to burn it right away out of the exhaust again?! 🤪

Edited by BerndB
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Bernd

P3D V6 -  PC spec: Intel i9-9900 overclocked 5 GHz HT off, 32 GB RAM, GPU Nvidia RTX3090 24GB, 2xM2 SSD, Skalarki HomeCockpit and Jeehell FMGS on a dedicated Server, PF3 for ATC, MCE, GSX, EFB, AS+ASCA+ENV and OrbXpf3-supporter.gif