Sign in to follow this  
Balint Szarka

HiFi Sim's Active Sky P3D V6 is coming as Early Access Beta

A website for AS P3D V6 Early Access Beta is up on HiFi's website showing Active Sky in P3D V6 and describing some of its features. For the moment they are saying that we should keep our eye on their website in the coming days.

Check it out on this link: https://hifisimtech.com/asp6/

• Like 9

Balint Szarka

CPU Intel i9 9900K OC'd to 5Ghz

RAM 32GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3000MHz (2 x 16GB)

GPU 8GB NVIDIA GEFORCE RTX 2070 SUPER

Just looks like AS P3D but V6 compatible... does the new atmo model actually allow for better weather simulation or is it just slightly nicer looking? Not super clear. 

50 minutes ago, chapstick said:

Just looks like AS P3D but V6 compatible

Did you bother to look at the link ... it's rather obvious it looks better and simulates better ... runway surface puddles, rain drop animations, cloud layering, density/scatter settings, shading?  Odd that you indicated you have P3D V6, but apparently can't see the difference in cloud/rain/lighting? 

Same here,

Don't let me down @Damian Clark lol

Update (1 hr later)

He did not, amazing work by Hifi.

Edited by anzac1977
  • Like 1

These are EXCELLENT NEWS !!!

I haven't yet purchased P3dv6, but intend to, and if I was somehow in the fence ASP3d6 made the difference.

I'm a user who has present the many moments of exclamation brought by Active Sky since it has been available, first for the MS FS line of products, then for P3D and also X-Plane.

I sincerely wish HiFi the BEST AND DESERVED SUCCESS!!! with this new version.

Ah! I forgot to mention that I'll create a Simmarket account later today in order to purchase this new version, and will do my best to beta test it 🙂

Thank you Damian for your Dedication, Resilience and for making available what is still the Best Weather Injector for ANY of the flight sims I've been using 😉

• Like 3
  • Upvote 2

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

Great news!

• Like 1

Best regards, Dimitrios

7950X - 32 GB - RX6800 - TrackIR - Power-LC M39 WQHD - Honeycomb Alpha yoke, Saitek pedals & throttles in a crummy home-cockpit - MSFS for Pilotedge, P3D for everything else

Thanks for the heads up

Instant purchase for me!

What a difference it makes to the sim!

Biggest question is does this version allow for localized weather systems with the new atmospheric engine/clouds turned on. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, DChockey08 said:

Biggest question is does this version allow for localized weather systems with the new atmospheric engine/clouds turned on. 

This is something I'm wondering too. The issue with volumetric clouds compared to 2D clouds is that they don't have definite positions, instead each point in 3D space gets a density value based on noise, cloud coverage etc. which is then raymarched. Therefore a simulator should have an API which lets developers to inject a 2D (or maybe even 3D) cloud map which includes information like cloud type, coverage, base, top and precipitation amount for each point to allow for localized weather systems. I checked P3D v6 SDK documentation and didn't see an API like that, though it's possible that the documentation isn't updated.

However there is another alternative which is a bit more coarse but still allows for localized weather systems - P3D already supports entering weather information for each individual weather station, so if P3D v6 itself can already make internal cloud maps based on that, local weather formations will appear even without a special API.

I really hope @Damian Clark can update us about it.

Edited by Biology
  • Like 1

PC specs: i5-12400F, RTX 3070 Ti and 32 GB of RAM.

Simulators I'm using: X-Plane 12, Microsoft Flight Simulator (2020) and FlightGear.

edit: removed as same question better written above by Biology

Edited by level7

So 30 Euro is a "significantly" reduced price for a BETA version?

Don't think so.

Dave

Simulator: P3Dv5.4

System Specs: Intel i7 13700K CPU, MSI Mag Z790 Tomahawk Motherboard, 32GB DDR5 6000MHz RAM, Nvidia GeForce RTX 4070 Video Card, 3x 1TB Samsung 980 Pro M.2 2280 SSDs, Windows 11 Home OS

IRT to weather -- quoting from the P3D interview on FSElite "And then on the atmospheric side of things, we previously had True Sky and we ran into limitations using that product in version five. We got to a position where we couldn’t tweak it and we couldn’t make the changes necessary that our users expected. So what we did is, we implemented our own atmospherics internally, based on some unreal algorithms that we were able to utilize. And with that we were able to introduce a better atmospheric model, but with the addition of other weather items such as precipitation accumulation. So we have cooling and evaporation, our clouds are now dynamically lit, which includes lightning strikes. And one item that’s also kind of cool is, our weather is now based on weather stations. You configure it on a particular weather station, so as you transition from one location to another, you’ll experience changing weather. And we blend those different weather stations together, so you start with clear skies and you transition to maybe partly cloudy and you reach a storm. So you create an environment where if you’re training across a long distance, you’re able to experience a change in dynamic weather that you’ll typically see in a real environment." (bold added).

See https://fselite.net/content/interview-lockheed-martin-on-prepar3d-v6/,

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Gigabyte x670 Aorus Elite AX MB; AMD 7800X3D CPU; Deepcool LT520 AIO Cooler; 64 Gb G.Skill Trident Z5 NEO DDR5 6000; Win11 Pro; P3D V5.4; 1 Samsung 990 2Tb NVMe SSD: 1 Crucial 4Tb MX500 SATA SSD; 1 Samsung 860 1Tb SSD; Gigabyte Aorus Extreme 1080ti 11Gb VRAM; Toshiba 43" LED TV @ 4k; Honeycomb Bravo.