Sign in to follow this  
adam77

Chaseplane supports P3Dv6

Hold on, they said (//42) they would not be supporting P3D V6. All of a sudden, in a matter of days they bring out CP Pro. So either they have been working on this for sometime or they have just made the previous version compatible with V6. 

So how much has the new version changed to warrant a full price?

I can not believe they have changed that much coding to warrant this, especially as Lockheed Martin have always maintained backward compatability.

I was always prepared to pay an upgrade fee (for any product) if the coding needed that much changing and work, but full price....... I am not sure it has.

Next will be PMDG, FSLabs and others. I know I as well as others want the devs to come back and support V6, but I think we are being taken for a ride here.......

• Like 7
  • Upvote 3

🛩️ Brian Houghton

System: P3D V5.3 HF2, Intel i7-9700K o/c to 4.5Ghz, Nvidia RTX 3080 TI, Samsung 970 EVO PLUS M.2 SSD, 2x1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, MSI Z390 M/B, 32Gb G.Skill DDR4 2133 Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit 21H2,Samsung UHD 43" LED TV, Benq 27" HD monitor.

2nd PC: Networked for atc, charts, and streaming. Intel i7 4790k 4 Ghz, Nvidia GTX 2070 Super, Samsung 970 Evo, 2x sata drives, MSI Z970 M/B, 32Gb G.skills DDR3 Ram, Win 10 Pro 21H2, 2x Benq 27" Monitors

Ouch! Almost $43. That's a significant price hike over their previous version.

Hard to tell what the changes are. Product pages look very similar too!

My question is, in light of the reported dark cockpits on the PMDG products in v6, does CP Pro still have the lighting adjustments available?  Sometimes that functionality could be used to lighten up the VC.

Spoiler

System specs: MFG Crosswind pedals| ACE B747 yoke |Honeycomb Bravo throttle
Now built: P3Dv5.3HF2: Intel i5-12600K @4.8Ghz | MSI Z690-A PRO | Asus TUF Gaming RTX3070 OC 8Gb| 32Gb Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3200Mhz |Samsung 980Evo Pro PCIe 500Gb | WD Black SN850 PCIe 2Tb | beQuiet 802 Tower Case|Corsair RM850 PSU | Acer Predator 34p 3440x1440p

Mark Aldridge
P3D v5.3 HF2, P3Dv4.5 and sometimes FSX!

23 minutes ago, 787flyer said:

Hard to tell what the changes are. Product pages look very similar too!

I'd like to see a changelog to see what has changed/been fixed/options added. From what I have seen so far, there are no added extras, even the screen looks the same as the v6 version. so it must only be compatibility fixes to make it work in V6, just as they did for V5.4 when that was released.

Also this version will not be made compatible with future versions, new full price will be required.

🛩️ Brian Houghton

System: P3D V5.3 HF2, Intel i7-9700K o/c to 4.5Ghz, Nvidia RTX 3080 TI, Samsung 970 EVO PLUS M.2 SSD, 2x1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, MSI Z390 M/B, 32Gb G.Skill DDR4 2133 Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit 21H2,Samsung UHD 43" LED TV, Benq 27" HD monitor.

2nd PC: Networked for atc, charts, and streaming. Intel i7 4790k 4 Ghz, Nvidia GTX 2070 Super, Samsung 970 Evo, 2x sata drives, MSI Z970 M/B, 32Gb G.skills DDR3 Ram, Win 10 Pro 21H2, 2x Benq 27" Monitors

First announcing not to support v6 and now coming back canceling support of all former versions and charging 42-50 bucks (depends on country). Not only fishy, they are b*st*rds. No thanks ...

Edited by Ronaldo1978
  • Like 4
  • Upvote 1

brgds, Ron

Flying P3Dv5 with PMDG 737 NGXu, 747v3, 777; QW 787; Orbx; Chaseplane, AI Lights Reborn Pro, Lots of AI, AIController

Visit www.airlinesim.aero

The reason they're charging is to provide support/patches for the 3-4 year lifespan of P3D V6, a platform that is DOA. So yeah, they're going to charge more to accomodate the dozen people who will still be using V6 a year from now. 

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, Brianwhtn43 said:

Hold on, they said (//42) they would not be supporting P3D V6. All of a sudden, in a matter of days they bring out CP Pro. So either they have been working on this for sometime or they have just made the previous version compatible with V6. 

So how much has the new version changed to warrant a full price?

I can not believe they have changed that much coding to warrant this, especially as Lockheed Martin have always maintained backward compatability.

I was always prepared to pay an upgrade fee (for any product) if the coding needed that much changing and work, but full price....... I am not sure it has.

Next will be PMDG, FSLabs and others. I know I as well as others want the devs to come back and support V6, but I think we are being taken for a ride here.......

Exactly my thoughts. If there were an upgrade price of $10-20, then maybe. But full price ?? No thanks. Kinda like Hifisim with ActiveSkym, where their plugin for the weather-radar doesn't even work. *SIGH*

I think I'll skip this. Will consider it if/when Hifisim gets the weather-radar plugin to work... 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Best regards,
--Anders Bermann--

Pilot-ID: SAS2471

3 hours ago, Brianwhtn43 said:

I know I as well as others want the devs to come back and support V6, but I think we are being taken for a ride here......

@Keven Menard has already commented in this topic so perhaps he’ll reflect on the comments about the price. It does seem high given LM haven’t changed the camera API unless he knows different.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Thanks Keven, happy to pay the $40 for support thru V6.  The final piece to the puzzle of P3D V6 add-ons, I'm now fully sufficient to enjoy P3D V6 and all my existing add-ons ... very few are not "natively" working from V5 to V6, FSLabs and iFly, but all the others (MJC, MaddogX, A2A, HiFi, RealityXP, FSG, AIG, GSX etc.) are a go and working very well!!

HiFi weather radar is coming per release notes, I can wait, they've been very responsive.

Agree 100% with your link Keven, people read what they "want to believe" rather than was is actually written ... the odd part is these misrepresentations are then proliferated as false news and gobbled up by the other masses that "want to believe".

Edited by CO2Neutral

15 minutes ago, Keven Menard said:

Everything that has to be said has been said on our Blog post.
ENCORE! ChasePlane Professional arrives on Prepar3D V6, thanks to comm (parallel42.com)

Sorry, but this asking price for an almost unchanged product (minus p3dv4,p3dv5 support) is really outrageous !
Thanks for nothing ....

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

kind regards, ggerolamo

spacer.png                       spacer.png

35 minutes ago, CO2Neutral said:

Agree 100% with your link Keven, people read what they "want to believe" rather than was is actually written ... the odd part is these misrepresentations are then proliferated as false news and gobbled up by the other masses that "want to believe".

@CO2Neutral. Ok lets look at that again.

Quote from //42 website: 

"BUT YOU SAID YOU WOULDN'T DO V6..."

More specifically, we said, "There are no plans to develop for P3D v6."

So what part of this is a 'misrepresentation and false news'? 

Edited by Brianwhtn43
incorrect website quoted
  • Like 1

🛩️ Brian Houghton

After reading the blog the work appears to involve… “completely untangling and removing almost a decade of code supporting old sim versions. FSX support is gone, and Prepar3D V1-5 support is gone. It's lean, clean, and optimized for Prepar3D V6 to minimize required resources.”

I can’t see anything about any new features. The 20% discount is appreciated but given the end of July is under two weeks away perhaps extending it to the end of August would be a generous gesture.

• Like 3

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

I don't jump into discussions about prices as I'm of the belief anyone can ask anything they want and it's up to the consumer to decide if they're willing to pay it or not, but this is one example of why I'm waiting on my refund on V6. One of several personal reasons I chose to stick with P3DV5 rather than migrate to a newer platform like many of us is the $$$ already invested in P3D and my unwillingness to repurchase so much I've already bought in some cases more than once. (Migration to 64-bit V4).  If I spend money, I like to build on what I already have. I took up the FSLabs amazing A320 a few months ago and am waiting on my Thrust Master A320 quad to arrive. I plan on shortly buying the A319 baby bus to complete my full complement of busses. I enjoy spending my quantity challenged cash in this way than building yet another sim platform very much similar to the one I have.

Just my humble perspective.

Edited by Patco Lch
  • Like 3
  • Upvote 4

Vic green

People wanted ChasePlane we get ChasePlane and then of course the complaints about the price.

ChasePlane was initially launched October 2016 so almost 6 years of support on the original license, 5 versions of P3D support and FSX support. People want infinite support for free. Tough crowd can see why no one wants to develop for P3D anymore.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

This is nothing more than a cash grab from loyal CP users. As Ray mentioned, the camera api appears unchanged and it would be a trivial task to add P3Dv6 support to the previous version. I’m sure people would be ok with a nominal upgrade fee in that case. As it is, in order to use their previous camera sets, which they have spent alot of time setting up, they are asked to pay the ridiculous “upgrade” fee for a program they can’t even use in older sim versions. What a grift!

If I didn’t know better I would suspect this was a product meant for MSFS which was quickly modified to support P3Dv6 since MS/Asobo have no plans to open up the camera system in MSFS. Why else would a “Professional” version appear almost overnight?

But I know better than to suspect that. Right?

Randy

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1