Sign in to follow this  
abrams_tank

A2A Comanche has been released!

52 minutes ago, btacon said:

Read the manual section on he AP. It gives a good explanation of how to use it. Just a few paragraphs, nothing daunting. 
-B

To me it is just a matter of getting used to it, switching from heading back to tracking after you get on new heading. The Altitude function works perfectly. 

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

1 hour ago, Treetops45 said:

Thank you

I was hoping for Point A to point B to point C , where A, B & C aren't in a straight line😀

T45

The proper way to use the autopilot (as mentioned above) is to switch to heading mode when reaching a waypoint, set the HSI needle to the new heading towards the next waypoint and then when the CDI bar centers, switch back to TRK LO/HI mode.   

However, if you're like me and on a little bit longer flight (and your wife often interrupts your flying) and have to get up and leave the  computer,  this autopilot will still follow the whole flightplan by itself to the destination.    I did 2 flights yesterday with this method and had no probems with the autopilot following the whole flightplan without me doing anything.   Once you come back to the computer, you'll have to adjust the HSI needle but the CDI bar will still be centered for whatever waypoint it is tracking.   Hope that helps.

Purists won't advise to do this as of course you wouldn't do that in real life obviously, just throwing it out that if something does interrupt your flying and you have to get up for a while, this will work and the autopilot will carry on for you until you get back.

Eric

• Like 4

I must say that I was a bit sceptical. But I'm not now. Its a joy to fly. Way beyond anything else I have. Where does this leave other GA plane developers? I can see myself expecting this standard of flight model from now on.

• Like 3

I noticed today that if you try and "restart" a flight in MSFS, the Comanche won't load up properly, tablet won't come on, etc. You have to close MSFS down, and then start it up again. It seems that app or whatever it is that runs in the background, needs for MSFS to start from scratch. 

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

24 minutes ago, N6154Q said:

The proper way to use the autopilot (as mentioned above) is to switch to heading mode when reaching a waypoint, set the HSI needle to the new heading towards the next waypoint and then when the CDI bar centers, switch back to TRK LO/HI mode.   

However, if you're like me and on a little bit longer flight (and your wife often interrupts your flying) and have to get up and leave the  computer,  this autopilot will still follow the whole flightplan by itself to the destination.    I did 2 flights yesterday with this method and had no probems with the autopilot following the whole flightplan without me doing anything.   Once you come back to the computer, you'll have to adjust the HSI needle but the CDI bar will still be centered for whatever waypoint it is tracking.   Hope that helps.

Purists won't advise to do this as of course you wouldn't do that in real life obviously, just throwing it out that if something does interrupt your flying and you have to get up for a while, this will work and the autopilot will carry on for you until you get back.

Eric

That is not been my experience in flying the Comanche. If the heading changes by say 25 degrees or even less, the Autopilot will lose track of the coarse, and just go straight ahead. I will have to try it on one of my flights. 

Edited by Bobsk8

1 hour ago, lwt1971 said:

As usual, comprehensive review by Into The Blue Simulations. Summary quotes: "Absolutely excellent ... Aircraft is something pretty special ... A cut above almost every other aircraft ... A2A have pushed the boundaries of what's possible in MSFS, really pushes forward in terms of realism"
Negatives (quotes) :
- # of downloads allowed from site

Why on earth would he say that?  It's ten, how many downloads will he ever need in wonder?  :laugh:  Normally they reset the counter if you contact them as well.

Anyway, I'm downloading mine now.  Only nine downloads left boohoo!  :nangis:

Note that download size is only 543 MB as well - makes a nice change!  I was expecting quite a few Gigglebits!   I will be flying this around some nice southern UK scenery tonight.

Edited by bobcat999
  • Like 4

Call me Bob or Rob, I don't mind, but I prefer Rob.

I like to trick airline passengers into thinking I have my own swimming pool in my back yard by painting a large blue rectangle on my patio.

Intel 14900K in a Z790 motherboard with water cooling, RTX 4080, 32 GB 6000 CL30 DDR5 RAM, W11 and MSFS on Samsung 980 Pro NVME SSD's.  Core Isolation Off, Game Mode Off.

1 hour ago, SolRayz said:

They sort of did with Accu-Feel. Back in the P3D days I wouldn't fly GA without it. 

Forgot about that.  But that was kinda FSRealistic'esque?

47 minutes ago, Bobsk8 said:

I noticed today that if you try and "restart" a flight in MSFS, the Comanche won't load up properly, tablet won't come on, etc. You have to close MSFS down, and then start it up again. It seems that app or whatever it is that runs in the background, needs for MSFS to start from scratch. 

Something to do with the 'cockpit persistence' option ?

• Like 1

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

Does anyone know how to bind the carburator heat to a axis?

MS FS 2020 | I9-13900K@5.8 GHZ  | 64 GB DDR5 4800mhz |  ASUS TUF RTX 4090 O24G Gaming   | HP Reverb G2 | Navigraph | VATSIM | TPR Pedals | Virpil collective & stick | Honeycomb | 2023: Real life RPL MLA microlight trainee (Ikarus C42CS)

5 minutes ago, Rene_Feijen said:

Does anyone know how to bind the carburator heat to a axis?

I have asked in the official forum and they've answered: "this can be mapped via the Comanche Input Configurator in the "A2A Simulations" folder in the Windows start menu."

Not tried this yet.

PC1: AMD Ryzen 7800X3D | Zotac RTX 4090 Trinity | Asus TUF X670E-Plus | G.SKILL Trident Z5 NEO 32GB DDR5 PC 6000 CL30 | 4TB NVMe  | Noctua NH-D15 | Asus TUF 1000W Gold | be quiet! Pure Base 500DX | Noctua NH-D15S | LG OLED CX 48"

PC2: AMD Ryzen 7700X | PowerColor Radeon RX 6800 XT Red Dragon | MSI MPG B650I EDGE  ITX | G.SKILL Flare Expo X5 32GB DDR5 PC 6000 CL32 | 2TB NVMe  | Cooler Master Hyper | Lian Li 750W SFX Gold | Lian Li TU150 | SAMSUNG Odyssey G9 49"

GoFlight GF-PRO NG 737 Yoke System - Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog - Honeycomb Bravo Throttle - MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals - TrackIR - Stream Deck XL + Stream Deck Plus

1 minute ago, GCBraun said:

I have asked in the official forum and they've answered: "this can be mapped via the Comanche Input Configurator in the "A2A Simulations" folder in the Windows start menu."

Not tried this yet.

Looked there, I must have overlooked.

EDIT: indeed it is there! Silly me.

Edited by Rene_Feijen

MS FS 2020 | I9-13900K@5.8 GHZ  | 64 GB DDR5 4800mhz |  ASUS TUF RTX 4090 O24G Gaming   | HP Reverb G2 | Navigraph | VATSIM | TPR Pedals | Virpil collective & stick | Honeycomb | 2023: Real life RPL MLA microlight trainee (Ikarus C42CS)

1 minute ago, Rene_Feijen said:

Looked there, I must have overlooked.

EDIT: indeed it is there! Silly me.

I see carb heat in two different places

1 hour ago, N6154Q said:

Eric

I just tried this on a flight, and it seems you are correct, it eventually makes the turn and tracks the GPS. 🙂

Just now, Bobsk8 said:

I just tried this on a flight, and it seems you are correct, it eventually makes the turn and tracks the GPS. 🙂

You used TRK LO or HI?

Alvega

CPU: AMD 7800X3D | COOLER: Cooler Master MasterLiquid 240L Core ARGB | GPU: RTX 4070 TI Super 16GB OC | Mobo: ASUS TUF GAMING X670E-PLUS WIFI |
RAM: 32 GB Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR5 6000MHz PC5-48000 2x16GB CL36 | SSDs: WD Black SN770 2TB NVMe SSD (WIN11), WD Black SN850X SSD 2 TB M.2 2280 PCIe Gen4 NVMe (MSFS), Crucial MX500 2TB (Other stuff) | CASE: Forgeon Arcanite ARGB Mesh Tower ATX White | Power Supply: Forgeon Bolt PSU 850W 80+ Gold Full Modular White 

16 minutes ago, Alvega said:

You used TRK LO or HI?

I used to use LO, but I read in the latest manual, they recommend HI, so that is what I am using now. I am coming up on a 90 degree turn, will see what happens there. 

Didn't work, went past the turn and kept going straight. 

Edited by Bobsk8