Sign in to follow this  
abrams_tank

A2A Comanche has been released!

30 minutes ago, Mace said:

I'm tempted to just fly the Comanche in this way (no GPS, all radio navigation or pilotage/dead reckoning).   THAT is how I came up in the sim world, in the late 80's.  VOR and NDB navigation.  What's a GPS?  It wasn't fitted to that little Piper Cherokee Archer.

So now with the fancy 750 GTN's and all of that, it's fun too, but I want to get back to my (sim) roots.

Whats an NDB. haven't seen one in years. 😉

• Like 2

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

6 hours ago, Glenn Fitzpatrick said:

At 1:27 "If you want to get more information...they have a link here for the S-TEC system thirty". 

Last night that link was dead. Which is why I had trouble understanding the AP. Today the link works fine. 

Anyway, here it is...

https://a2asimulations.com/downloads/manuals/STEC 20-30-30alt.pdf

• Like 1

Ryzen5 5800X3D, RTX4070, 600 Watt, TWO Dell S3222DGM 32" screens spanned with Nvidia surround 5185 x 1440p, 32 GB RAM, 4 TB  PCle 3 NVMe, Warthog throttle, CH Flightstick, Honeycomb Alpha yoke, CH quad, 3 Logitech panels, 2 StreamDecks, Desktop Aviator Trim Panel.

33 minutes ago, Bobsk8 said:

Whats an NDB. haven't seen one in years. 😉

Someone on my stream the other night pointed out that Friday Harbor still has an NDB approach, so I did it down to 900 overcast.  Didn't even use the settable heading card on the ADF.  By the end of the procedure turn, it had mostly come back to me.  Lot of parallax when looking all the way across the cockpit at where they put the ADF, but it still worked about like it used to.  First time for me in sim or aircraft in probably 20 years.  Was fun!  And a great reminder of why we're better off they're almost gone.  😁

• Like 2

Andrew Crowley

2 minutes ago, Stearmandriver said:

Someone on my stream the other night pointed out that Friday Harbor still has an NDB approach, so I did it down to 900 overcast.  Didn't even use the settable heading card on the ADF.  By the end of the procedure turn, it had mostly come back to me.  Lot of parallax when looking all the way across the cockpit at where they put the ADF, but it still worked about like it used to.  First time for me in sim or aircraft in probably 20 years.  Was fun!  And a great reminder of why we're better off they're almost gone.  😁

I remember when some of them were broadcast radio stations 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

I'm loving the Comanche.  I had flown it a ton in FSX.  I'm glad the flight dynamics are so good.  It's really very manageable to hand-fly. 

I do have an issues and perhaps I'm missing something.  Selecting the T in the tablet for the push bar doesn't seem to really work, but if I select the T again it "crashes" the sim.

- Chris

Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX | Intel Core i9 13900KF | Gigabyte GeForce RTX 4090 24 GB | 64GB DDR5 SDRAM | Corsair H100i Elite 240mm Liquid Cooling | 1TB & 2TB Samsung Gen 4 SSD  | 1000 Watt Gold PSU |  Windows 11 Pro | Thrustmaster Boeing Yoke | Thrustmaster TCA Captain X Airbus | Asus ROG 38" 4k IPS Monitor (PG38UQ)

Asus Maximus VII Hero motherboard | Intel i7 4790k CPU | MSI GTX 970 4 GB video card | Corsair DDR3 2133 32GB SDRAM | Corsair H50 water cooler | Samsung 850 EVO 250GB SSD (2) | EVGA 1000 watt PSU - Retired

22 minutes ago, Orlaam said:

I'm loving the Comanche.  I had flown it a ton in FSX.  I'm glad the flight dynamics are so good.  It's really very manageable to hand-fly. 

I do have an issues and perhaps I'm missing something.  Selecting the T in the tablet for the push bar doesn't seem to really work, but if I select the T again it "crashes" the sim.

I would ask on their forum, I haven't heard anyone mentioning that problem. https://a2asimulations.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=151&sid=1084b8ab1ada09b4145a985bb34f78ad

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bobsk8 said:

I would ask on their forum, I haven't heard anyone mentioning that problem. https://a2asimulations.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=151&sid=1084b8ab1ada09b4145a985bb34f78ad

Yeah, I posted it there as well.  It happens each time with the tablet.  Very odd.

- Chris

Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX | Intel Core i9 13900KF | Gigabyte GeForce RTX 4090 24 GB | 64GB DDR5 SDRAM | Corsair H100i Elite 240mm Liquid Cooling | 1TB & 2TB Samsung Gen 4 SSD  | 1000 Watt Gold PSU |  Windows 11 Pro | Thrustmaster Boeing Yoke | Thrustmaster TCA Captain X Airbus | Asus ROG 38" 4k IPS Monitor (PG38UQ)

Asus Maximus VII Hero motherboard | Intel i7 4790k CPU | MSI GTX 970 4 GB video card | Corsair DDR3 2133 32GB SDRAM | Corsair H50 water cooler | Samsung 850 EVO 250GB SSD (2) | EVGA 1000 watt PSU - Retired

Yes, just to confirm that we are aware of a bug where a sudden, huge spike in engine torque can, very, very, very occasionally flip the entire plane the plane in the air when using the starter or when towing (the prop is actually rotated a bit when you attach the tow bar, so it doesn't make contact with it).

This has resulted in one or two funny moments on livestreams, and we would like to particularly apologise to any VR simmers who have been traumatized as a result. 😁

It's been hard to reproduce, but should be fixed with the first Comanche update which we'll get out as soon as we can.

Thanks,
Nick - A2A Simulations

• Like 17

Nick M - A2A Simulations

1 hour ago, Nick M said:

Yes, just to confirm that we are aware of a bug where a sudden, huge spike in engine torque can, very, very, very occasionally flip the entire plane the plane in the air when using the starter or when towing (the prop is actually rotated a bit when you attach the tow bar, so it doesn't make contact with it).

This has resulted in one or two funny moments on livestreams, and we would like to particularly apologise to any VR simmers who have been traumatized as a result. 😁

It's been hard to reproduce, but should be fixed with the first Comanche update which we'll get out as soon as we can.

Thanks,
Nick - A2A Simulations

I too was traumatized when I ended a very nice flight from Catalina to Burbank and went to tow the plane and she did, what they call in the ice skating world, a "Triple Salchow".  I was just as surprised as the audience was when the 1st one was done on the ice decades ago, though sadly my Comanche did not stick the landing as well as most Olympic skaters do. 😞 

I can only imagine this happening in VR, I think most would hurl their fruit loops on to the keyboard as even in on a 2d screen its shocking enough when you're not expecting it. 🙂 

• Like 2

Regards,
Steve Dra
Get my paints for MSFS planes at flightsim.to here, and iFly 737s here
Download my FSX, P3D paints at Avsim by clicking here

9Slp0L.jpg 

1 hour ago, Steve Dra said:

I can only imagine this happening in VR, I think most would hurl their fruit loops on to the keyboard as even in on a 2d screen its shocking enough when you're not expecting it. 🙂 

Hahaha!  Actually....when I used DCS in VR after getting the Apache Longbow... I applied takeoff power but instantly flipped over and the motion was so sudden yet so smooth I had to instantly take off my headset LOL.

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

I just released my bare metal livery....you can get her by clicking the link in my sig for MSFS paints.

neiPj3.png

PP20aL.png

wxHbYT.jpg

• Like 8

Regards,
Steve Dra
Get my paints for MSFS planes at flightsim.to here, and iFly 737s here
Download my FSX, P3D paints at Avsim by clicking here

9Slp0L.jpg 

All I can say is “Wow!”.

I loved this plane in P3D, but this is even better.

And setting the turbulence in the sim to “realistic” and cranking it on the tablet definitely adds bounce - I’m sure if I was in the real deal I’d be nauseous!

And so many amazing old school liveries that I imagine the repainters will be busy with.

Like C-GTQW!!

And I love whatever color/stripe pattern N6947P has.

• Like 1

Hey, did not buy it yet but I was wondering, is there a way to put the plane tablet on a real iPad ? 😀

Just now, dyl55 said:

Hey, did not buy it yet but I was wondering, is there a way to put the plane tablet on a real iPad ? 😀

Why bother, it is easy to use, and you can move it around anywhere in the aircraft. 

2 hours ago, Steve Dra said:

I just released my bare metal livery....you can get her by clicking the link in my sig for MSFS paints.

neiPj3.png

Very nice work Steve, thank you!!

• Like 1

Tim Fuchs
Managing Partner
REX SIMULATIONS 

support www.rexaxis.com