Sign in to follow this  
abrams_tank

A2A Comanche has been released!

28 minutes ago, Treetops45 said:

Really enjoying this aircraft. Very smooth, fluid & realistic.

I thought I read somewhere that someone had flown an ILS approach in the Comanche, but can't find anything in the Manual on that.

Can it be done in the absence of an APPR button on the AP, & if so , what are the steps taken?

T45

The auotpilot will  track the Localizer, and you have to use power and trim and flaps to stay on glideslope. 

• Like 1

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

I have found in the last number of flights that I enjoy doing the walk around, and checklists, and it really reminds me of flying in real life. This aircraft is great, Kudos to A2A.

• Like 3

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

7 hours ago, Alvega said:

Good boy, he is not afraid of the weather. 😃

spacer.png

Thanks for the livery, Ryan. 👍

spacer.png

How do you get the Doggo?

1 hour ago, flibberflops said:

How do you get the Doggo?

Hi,

You can get them here for free: https://www.got-friends.com/collections/freeware/products/mans-best-friend

Edited by Alvega
  • Like 5

Alvega

CPU: AMD 7800X3D | COOLER: Cooler Master MasterLiquid 240L Core ARGB | GPU: RTX 4070 TI Super 16GB OC | Mobo: ASUS TUF GAMING X670E-PLUS WIFI |
RAM: 32 GB Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR5 6000MHz PC5-48000 2x16GB CL36 | SSDs: WD Black SN770 2TB NVMe SSD (WIN11), WD Black SN850X SSD 2 TB M.2 2280 PCIe Gen4 NVMe (MSFS), Crucial MX500 2TB (Other stuff) | CASE: Forgeon Arcanite ARGB Mesh Tower ATX White | Power Supply: Forgeon Bolt PSU 850W 80+ Gold Full Modular White 

1 hour ago, Bobsk8 said:

I have found in the last number of flights that I enjoy doing the walk around,

Yea, I also enjoy the walk around much more than I did in P3D, when I often skipped it. having everything animated so well really contributes to the experience. I am looking forward to the first time there is water in my fuel!

• Like 1

Dan Scott

Just flew the ILS into RPVP, AP on tracking Localizer, power and flaps controlling glideslope, disconnected AP at 1,000 AGL, perfect landing. 

• Like 1

Am I doing something wrong. When I advance the throttle the engine rpm/map increases as it should, when I pull the throttle back it seems to go to idle in about the middle of the lever position, and when I pull it back further  the engine increases again. As if it were going into reverse/ Help! I haven't changed by control parameters so I am not sure what to do.

• Upvote 1

My system specs: Intel i9-10850@3.6 - 5.2 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080, 32GB  DDR4  RAMNoctua NH-D15 CPU Cooler,1TB Seagate SSD, 4TB Seagate HD, Windows 10, Asus 32 inch monitor, Saitek Yoke, Throttle Quadrant, Rudder Pedals and Trim Wheel     Sims: MSFS2020      Preferred Aircraft  Black Square Bonanza, and Baron, A2A Comanche, PMDG DC-6, Red Wing L1049 

7 minutes ago, AviatorMan said:

Am I doing something wrong. When I advance the throttle the engine rpm/map increases as it should, when I pull the throttle back it seems to go to idle in about the middle of the lever position, and when I pull it back further  the engine increases again. As if it were going into reverse/ Help! I haven't changed by control parameters so I am not sure what to do.

What does the throttle lever do, when this is happening? 

31 minutes ago, AviatorMan said:

Hi,

I see the same thing, and can explain why in my case.  Below is a copy/paste of a thread on the A2A forums where I reported this:

-----------------

I have my TQ6+ configured with normal Asobo bindings for throttle, power, and mixture. I use this config for all planes. Consequently, and to support turboprops, I make use of the Neutral point on the response curve. What this means for Turboprops is that anywhere lower than that is reverse thrust, so I don't need to use a button to go into beta then reverse, just pull the lever past the idle point. The TQ6+ has an idle point, denoted by a ball bearing that is supposed to represent a gate.

So to configure this I put the physical lever on the idle point, then on the sensitivities screen I adjust the Neutral point so that the white dot right is right on centre horizontal line. Bottom left up to that point is forward thrust, that point up to the top right is reverse thrust.

With that manic rambling out of the way, what this means is that for piston aircraft I am sacrificing a small range of the overall axis, and that 100 - 0 now only has roughly 70-80% of the axis to actually use. It's not an issue, just how it works, and it works fine for all other pistons, and turboprops.

Except this one. 🙂

When I move the lever down through the gate into reverse, on every other piston plane, nothing happens.
With this one, it actually goes to full power! It's like the axis is mirrored.

I don't know the numbers exactly, but its like 100-30 should be full power to idle, and 29-0 should still be idle, and do nothing, but instead goes from idle to full power again.

----------------

Have a look where your neutral point is set.  If you aren't flying turboprops this won't need to be set somewhere on your axis.  For me its setup somewhere around -61 I think.

13 minutes ago, HobAnagerik said:

Hi,

I see the same thing, and can explain why in my case.  Below is a copy/paste of a thread on the A2A forums where I reported this:

-----------------

I have my TQ6+ configured with normal Asobo bindings for throttle, power, and mixture. I use this config for all planes. Consequently, and to support turboprops, I make use of the Neutral point on the response curve. What this means for Turboprops is that anywhere lower than that is reverse thrust, so I don't need to use a button to go into beta then reverse, just pull the lever past the idle point. The TQ6+ has an idle point, denoted by a ball bearing that is supposed to represent a gate.

So to configure this I put the physical lever on the idle point, then on the sensitivities screen I adjust the Neutral point so that the white dot right is right on centre horizontal line. Bottom left up to that point is forward thrust, that point up to the top right is reverse thrust.

With that manic rambling out of the way, what this means is that for piston aircraft I am sacrificing a small range of the overall axis, and that 100 - 0 now only has roughly 70-80% of the axis to actually use. It's not an issue, just how it works, and it works fine for all other pistons, and turboprops.

Except this one. 🙂

When I move the lever down through the gate into reverse, on every other piston plane, nothing happens.

I don't know the numbers exactly, but its like 100-30 should be full power to idle, and 29-0 should still be idle, and do nothing, but instead goes from idle to full power again.

----------------

Have a look where your neutral point is set.  If you aren't flying turboprops this won't need to be set somewhere on your axis.  For me its setup somewhere around -61 I think.

Can't you calibrate your throttle controller in MSFS, so that you have no gate, and the axis just goes from 0 to max, at full deflection of the throttle, for the Comanche profile?

Edited by Bobsk8

The wait has been long, but it was worth it, she is absolutely wonderful to fly, this is flightsim "Nirvana" for me, A2A has set the bar high for all other developers 👍

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

System: I ASRock X670E | AMD 7800X3D | 32Gb DDR5 6000 | RTX 4090 | 2TB NVMe | LG Ultra Gear 34* UW |

37 minutes ago, HobAnagerik said:

Hi,

-----------------

Except this one. 🙂

----------------

Thanks. My throttle problem is related to my controller setup evidently, because when I use the mouse and advance/retract the actual throttle in the a/c it works as it should. I will take your suggestion concerning the bindings.

My system specs: Intel i9-10850@3.6 - 5.2 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080, 32GB  DDR4  RAMNoctua NH-D15 CPU Cooler,1TB Seagate SSD, 4TB Seagate HD, Windows 10, Asus 32 inch monitor, Saitek Yoke, Throttle Quadrant, Rudder Pedals and Trim Wheel     Sims: MSFS2020      Preferred Aircraft  Black Square Bonanza, and Baron, A2A Comanche, PMDG DC-6, Red Wing L1049 

I love the AP in the Comanche, just requires a bit of usage, and then it is a piece of cake to fly with it. I never understand why some folks making you tube videos, have to include a camera shot of them talking in the video. ??

Edited by Bobsk8

48 minutes ago, HobAnagerik said:

Hi,

This was an interesting read as I’ve never tried to calibrate my TQ6 taking advantage of the reverse section (or having pistons ignore it) using the default controller setup.

FWIW I use FSUIPC and my standard piston profile for the TQ6 worked as per normal, the only exception being that I had to switch the mixture axis from direct calibration to using the MSFS standard calibration (I might have those terms slightly off as I’m not in front of my computer right now).

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU