Sign in to follow this  
Matt Sdeel

A2A Commanche vs. JF Turbo Arrow (w/ FSRealistic)

1 hour ago, bobcat999 said:

Asobo seriously need to talk to A2A with a view to purchasing or licensing this technology for all aircraft in the sim as the default tool for creating flight dynamics.  

This would mean they'd have to model everything externally (which A2A does, much more than even the Fenix), which would be ... kind of strange for default planes ("Here's our default planes, but none of them use any of the sim's systems or flight dynamics or basically anything beyond the visual representation!") 🙂
Also that would be a no-no for the XBox, so there's that.

30 minutes ago, Matt Sdeel said:

Thank you all for the feedback. I'm hoping A2A comes up with a demo version for its plane.

You're going to be hoping for a long time. Nobody does demos in this industry.

What else do you need to know to inform a purchase? This is the best GA addon for MSFS by a long shot, and probably one of the best available in any sim.

Edited by kiwikat
  • Like 6

13900K | MSI RTX 4090 | 64 GB 3600 MHz | 4x SSD + 1x HDD | ASUS 42" 3840x2160 120Hz OLED
VirtualFly TQ6+ | Virpil WarBRD + Constellation Alpha | MFG Crosswind V2 | RealSimGear GNS530/430

spacer.png

9 minutes ago, kiwikat said:

This is the best GA addon for MSFS by a long shot, and probably one of the best available in any sim.

Wow, that's interesting. What GA planes in any sim, are better or close to this A2A Comanche for MSFS, including A2A's past planes?

Edited by abrams_tank

i5-12400, RTX 3060 Ti, 32 GB RAM

12 minutes ago, kiwikat said:

You're going to be hoping for a long time. Nobody does demos in this industry.

What else do you need to know to inform a purchase? This is the best GA addon for MSFS by a long shot, and probably one of the best available in any sim.

I wish I could find a Gourmet Restaurant that offers Demo Meals. 😉

• Like 3

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

Just now, Bobsk8 said:

I wish I could find a Gourmet Restaurant that offers Demo Meals. 😉

Just depends how fast you can run

• Like 4

Asus TUF X670E-PLUS | 7800X3D | G.Skill 32GB DDR @ CL30 6000MHz | RTX 4090 Founders Edition (Undervolted) | WD SNX 850X 2TB + 4TB + 4TB

4 minutes ago, abrams_tank said:

Wow, that's interesting. What GA planes in any sim, are better or close to this A2A Comanche for MSFS, including A2A's past planes?

It's a tad long in the tooth now with the awesome G1000 we have available in MSFS but I'd firmly put the Hot Start TBM in the "best planes of all time" category as well. Honestly beyond that I'm not real sure what could compare. The CL650 is also sorta GA but probably too different to compare.

• Like 3

13900K | MSI RTX 4090 | 64 GB 3600 MHz | 4x SSD + 1x HDD | ASUS 42" 3840x2160 120Hz OLED
VirtualFly TQ6+ | Virpil WarBRD + Constellation Alpha | MFG Crosswind V2 | RealSimGear GNS530/430

spacer.png

8 minutes ago, kiwikat said:

It's a tad long in the tooth now with the awesome G1000 we have available in MSFS but I'd firmly put the Hot Start TBM in the "best planes of all time" category as well. Honestly beyond that I'm not real sure what could compare. The CL650 is also sorta GA but probably too different to compare.

Ahh, I'm thìnking of lighter, small engine planes, not business jets like the Challenger 650 - I should have been more specific when I defined "GA." Seems like this A2A Comanche is in an elite class though!

Edited by abrams_tank
  • Upvote 1

i5-12400, RTX 3060 Ti, 32 GB RAM

Robert Young has made a terrific mod to update the flight dynamics of the Arrows and Warrior. Makes a huge difference. 

I don’t have the MSFS Comanche but I did have the FSX version.  There is much more to it than just a nice textured bird and flight dynamics. I’m sure it’s an aircraft you will enjoy for years. 

There are others you could consider that are also nicely modelled. No need to limit yourself to two choices. The Back Square Baron / Bonanza are excellent and high on my list. Whatever you choose, there’s always next month for another purchase.  😎

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Matt Sdeel said:

Thank you all for the feedback. I'm hoping A2A comes up with a demo version for its plane.

Look at A2A videos on YouTube . If not convinced, rent real PA24 with flight instructor ( although it will cost you )

flight sim addict, airplane owner, CFI

1 hour ago, Danno said:

Robert Young has made a terrific mod to update the flight dynamics of the Arrows and Warrior. Makes a huge difference. 

Has this been released?

Robert sent it to me directly and perhaps it’s still being tested but I believe he has invited anyone to try it. Just send him a note. 

Edit..  Let him know which of the three mods you would like… regular Arrow, turbo Arrow and/or Warrior  

Edited by Danno
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, petz_e said:

Get the comanche. You said money is no issue but the Arrows and Warriors are overpriced. The Comanche is just $10 more expensive but you will get so much more for your money. The Arrow and Warriors were fine planes 2 years ago and they are still ok to fly if you own them already. But I would not recommend buying it now. There are so many GA planes that are way better. And I would stay away from FSRealistic. Also not really worth it as development has stopped and it still has issues. however the developer recently announced he gave up his day job and will no focus on new projects. Maybe FSRealistic will get additional features, who knows. 
BTW, I have all three of them, the JF planes, FSRealistic and the comanche

FSReaslitic development has not stopped. The developer had personal and other work related stuff going on. They're apparently back at it. It's a great addon and add quite a bit to my experience in the sim.

Thanks for the heads up with the JF Arrow series. They were amazing a while back but even after the most recent update....not sure any more. A2A sounds fantastic though

Hero X--8086k@5.1ghz--32GBddr4--2080ti--Acer GSync 4k Monitor + 1080p Monitor--Honeycomb Alpha/Bravo+Saitek Pedals--Thrustmaster T16000+Throttle. P2ATC, AIG/FSLTL, GSX, 600gb of scenery, PMS/TDI 750, Auto FPS, FG Mod, FSrealistic, FScrewRAAS,RexTextures/Seasons,Navigraph etc

A2A Comanche---Bae146, F28, Arrow(s), BS Dukes, Bonanza & BS King Air---FSR500--COWS DA42---Fx HJet+VisionJet---FSW 414 +LearJet---FSS E175+P2006T+Analog Version---Fenix 320-------PMDG DC-6+737+9---C22J---Milviz C310+Porter---SWS PC-12, Kodiak, Zenith+RV14---Big Radialsl Goose---IFE MB339+F-35---NextGen EMB----Carenado Seneca + PC12---AS CRJ Series----Asobo ATR---

6 hours ago, bobcat999 said:

Asobo seriously need to talk to A2A with a view to purchasing or licensing this technology for all aircraft in the sim as the default tool for creating flight dynamics.  

Asobo are trying to develop a generic flight model system that uses the 3D model of the aircraft to generate the basic flight characteristics. In theory, if done well, you should be able to design a 3D model of an aircraft, load it into the sim,  and then see what it would fly like without yourself needing any FM knowledge or skills. This is basically the same thing XPlane does with blade element theory but using a different technique to get there.  Obviously they are nowhere near there yet, hence the questionable FMs we see sometimes and the occasional weirdness. ( Note that the XPlane version is not really there yet either and XPlane FMs also need some tweaking) .

A2A, on the other hand, seem to be working on a super configurable flight model generator that allows skilled developers with good flight model knowledge to fine tune the characteristics of the flight model without breaking other parts of the flight model every time you tweak something.

The overall goal of the exercise is quite different.  They are not even close to the same thing.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

I love the JF Arrow III. I've spent more hours in it than any other MSFS aircraft, and by a huge margin too. I am very much looking forward to Robert Young's mod, but at some point, she will be retired and that's when I'll get the Comanche.

So, to the OP, it looks like the Comanche is the one for you.

Surely not everybody was kung fu fighting.

https://rationalwiki.org