Sign in to follow this  
Matt Sdeel

A2A Commanche vs. JF Turbo Arrow (w/ FSRealistic)

Get the comanche. You said money is no issue but the Arrows and Warriors are overpriced. The Comanche is just $10 more expensive but you will get so much more for your money. The Arrow and Warriors were fine planes 2 years ago and they are still ok to fly if you own them already. But I would not recommend buying it now. There are so many GA planes that are way better. And I would stay away from FSRealistic. Also not really worth it as development has stopped and it still has issues. however the developer recently announced he gave up his day job and will no focus on new projects. Maybe FSRealistic will get additional features, who knows. 
BTW, I have all three of them, the JF planes, FSRealistic and the comanche

Edited by petz_e
  • Like 6
  • Upvote 2

Comanche, by a country mile. It's the new GA milestone in MSFS, why settle for less when you have a choice.

• Like 4

Asus TUF X670E-PLUS | 7800X3D | G.Skill 32GB DDR @ CL30 6000MHz | RTX 4090 Founders Edition (Undervolted) | WD SNX 850X 2TB + 4TB + 4TB

Comanche, nothing else comes close.

• Like 1

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 Fenix A320, FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, , Milviz C 310

spacer.png

Fs Realistic is a nice add on for most aircraft, including tubeliners. 

• Like 3

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 Fenix A320, FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, , Milviz C 310

spacer.png

34 minutes ago, Bobsk8 said:

Comanche, nothing else comes close.

I am curious, what makes it so special? I mean, what are the main differences vs the JF planes or the Milviz C310?

3 minutes ago, kkbelos said:

I am curious, what makes it so special? I mean, what are the main differences vs the JF planes or the Milviz C310?

For me the big difference is we can feel the aircraft's weight, it's amazing and different from all others. You will see when you try it.

Alvega

CPU: AMD 7800X3D | COOLER: Cooler Master MasterLiquid 240L Core ARGB | GPU: RTX 4070 TI Super 16GB OC | Mobo: ASUS TUF GAMING X670E-PLUS WIFI |
RAM: 32 GB Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR5 6000MHz PC5-48000 2x16GB CL36 | SSDs: WD Black SN770 2TB NVMe SSD (WIN11), WD Black SN850X SSD 2 TB M.2 2280 PCIe Gen4 NVMe (MSFS), Crucial MX500 2TB (Other stuff) | CASE: Forgeon Arcanite ARGB Mesh Tower ATX White | Power Supply: Forgeon Bolt PSU 850W 80+ Gold Full Modular White 

9 minutes ago, Alvega said:

For me the big difference is we can feel the aircraft's weight, it's amazing and different from all others. You will see when you try it.

I have the JF and C 310 aircraft, no comparison. The A2A is way out in front. 

• Like 1

spacer.png

25 minutes ago, kkbelos said:

In flight sim community we are looking for simulation version that resembles actual airframe. A2A is a winner here

• Like 1

flight sim addict, airplane owner, CFI

I'm a fan of JF but I have to say that the A2A is so much nicer to fly. It feels so real

• Like 1

I have all 3 as I am a GA flier at heart. the A2A is head and shoulders above the other two in terms of its flight model and systems simulation. As others have said the feeling of weight, of inertia, is astonishingly good, better than any other GA aircraft in any sim.  To me it feels even better than the Real Air Dukes and the Comanche in P3D. I am right now on a flight from London, Ontario (CUXU) to St. Catherine's (CYSN) and in moderate turbulence with all the convective activity around and for the first time in MSFS the aircraft sounds and behaves like it is in turbulence. And the landing and roll out also behaves convincingly -- I am needing to practice landing because I have learned to compensate for the poor landing dynamics of most aircraft in the sim right now. There is a level of immersion that I so very much appreciate. And knowing there are well-modeled, accurate consequences to how I fly really enhances that.  I have hardly been on the forums because I have been flying this aircraft.

I have now officially retired and uninstalled the Arrows now. I will still use the 310 as it is a very good twin but its flight model is a little twitchy and its ground handling poor.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Dan Scott

Asobo seriously need to talk to A2A with a view to purchasing or licensing this technology for all aircraft in the sim as the default tool for creating flight dynamics.  

Edited by bobcat999
  • Like 5
  • Upvote 7

Call me Bob or Rob, I don't mind, but I prefer Rob.

I like to trick airline passengers into thinking I have my own swimming pool in my back yard by painting a large blue rectangle on my patio.

Intel 14900K in a Z790 motherboard with water cooling, RTX 4080, 32 GB 6000 CL30 DDR5 RAM, W11 and MSFS on Samsung 980 Pro NVME SSD's.  Core Isolation Off, Game Mode Off.

27 minutes ago, bobcat999 said:

Asobo seriously need to talk to A2A with a view to purchasing or licensing this technology for all aircraft in the sim as the default tool for creating flight dynamics.  

The thing is making the flight model of the A2A engine customizable for all airplane types, including airliners. I don't doubt that A2A customized and tuned the flight model for this Comanche.

Asobo wants a flight model that can be quickly deployed by 3rd party developers with as minimal as tuning as possible, and which works with all types of aircraft, including airliners, and aircraft with unusual wing types. 

It could very well be that A2A's flighf model engine works very well with the type of aircraft that A2A plans to sell, but not tne wider group of aircraft that MSFS needs to support (ie. A2A's flight model does not work well for airliners).

However, Asobo may want to consider hiring A2A as a consultant for feedback, design decisions, and to help with flight model testing. That would make a lot of sense. I'm sure A2A could provide some good advice to Asobo.

Edited by abrams_tank
  • Like 2

i5-12400, RTX 3060 Ti, 32 GB RAM

26 minutes ago, bobcat999 said:

Let a hundred flowers bloom and a hundred schools of thought contend.

• Like 1

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

The JF Arrow in my humble opinion is terrible to fly in MSFS, its like a flying brick.

The Comanche is a dream although only had one flight but that was enough to tell me its head and shoulders above the JF.  

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Thomas Derbyshire