Sign in to follow this  
alexcolka

XP12.06b1 is out

Well the rain still seems to come and go randomly. Clouds are a bit better, but there's still a lot to improve.

a319-2023-07-24-23-47-11.png
a319-2023-07-24-23-47-19.png
a319-2023-07-24-23-47-49.png
a319-2023-07-24-23-48-10.png
a319-2023-07-25-00-05-08.png

Edited by bogdansrb

Setup: RX6800 | 5800X3D + B450 | 32GB 3200MHz | X-Plane 12

30 minutes ago, bogdansrb said:

... but there's still a lot to improve.

Well ... yeah ... that's the nature of evolution - isn't it? If human kind have thought thousands of years back "... it is good and perfect as it is right now ..." we would still would live in caves or even sit on the trees 😄.

What do I mean with it? One step at a time and don't rush it, otherwise the result would be #%&$§%. That's what I can tell you from experience of life. You might learn this as well at some day  🙂 .

• Like 3

Watch my YT-channel: https://www.youtube.com/@flyingcarpet1340/

Customer of X-Plane, Aerofly, Flightgear, MSFS.

Just now, jymp said:

A little smoother, shimmering is still there.

The shimmering around the plane is completely gone for me and the one in the distance is almost completely gone as well. There is only the blending-problem with clouds "over" mountains that has this shimmering effect. Seriously guys, do you don't see that big improvement? Even pilot V1 in today's stream said this was the first version of XP that would really have impressed him if it was the version at release of XP12...

• Like 1

i912900k, RTX 3090, 32GB RAM

In the notes they did state in some random weather events clouds can go askew and know about it, hopefully for next release.

Under certain conditions, the new clouds really look nice, great improvement.

QIxwJM.jpeg

• Like 7

Asus TUF X670E-PLUS | 7800X3D | G.Skill 32GB DDR @ CL30 6000MHz | RTX 4090 Founders Edition (Undervolted) | WD SNX 850X 2TB + 4TB + 4TB

34 minutes ago, Franz007 said:

The shimmering around the plane is completely gone for me and the one in the distance is almost completely gone as well. There is only the blending-problem with clouds "over" mountains that has this shimmering effect. Seriously guys, do you don't see that big improvement? Even pilot V1 in today's stream said this was the first version of XP that would really have impressed him if it was the version at release of XP12...

I still get that shimmering that's happening at airports in the close distance. It's unchanged and very annoying.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, flying_carpet said:

Well ... yeah ... that's the nature of evolution - isn't it? If human kind have thought thousands of years back "... it is good and perfect as it is right now ..." we would still would live in caves or even sit on the trees 😄.

What do I mean with it? One step at a time and don't rush it, otherwise the result would be #%&$§%. That's what I can tell you from experience of life. You might learn this as well at some day  🙂 .

:blink:

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, Sims Smith said:

Shadow looking strange 

I've got the same card and the same patchiness. It's the SSAO. Plenty of bug reports. One person on discord claims that reverting to an old driver (didn't say which version) helped but I haven't been able to get rid of it other than disable SSAO. If the driver claim is true, it's more AMD driver mess.

Friendly reminder: WHITELIST AVSIM IN YOUR AD-BLOCKER. Especially if you're on a modern CPU that can run a flight simulator well. These web servers aren't free...

Apart from some expected bugs in this first release, I think they look fantastic. They now remind me of the incredible clouds of DCS.

reazNaZ.png

OKdzbgw.png

• Like 5

"Society has become so fake that the truth actually bothers people".

1 hour ago, Murmur said:

Apart from some expected bugs in this first release, I think they look fantastic. They now remind me of the incredible clouds of DCS

Laughing in 2D sprites from XP11.

Joke aside, it's a HUGE step forward when comparing to the old system. I'm flying a lot in XP11, and the barn door effect only miss TAA DAAA sound effect when you fly through it. 😄

Edited by Pe11e

Current system: ASUS PRIME Z690-P D4, Intel 12900k, 32GB RAM @ 3600mhz, Zotac RTX 3090 Trinity, M2 SSD, Oculus Quest 2.

Maybe it's just the software engineer in me but looking a patch notes compared to what people are discussing makes no sense.

Either the patch notes aren't inclusive of what went out in the patch, or what everyone is reporting is just the placebo effect.

For clouds, the only two things I see that should be affected are the pyramid clouds and clouds during the replay.

• XPD-13975 – Pyramid clouds appearing randomly
  • XPD-14034 – Changing weather/Cloud conditions not displayed correctly in replay mode

As to shimmering, FPS, etc.  I don't see anything in the patch notes that has anything to do with this.

I'm used to this though.  30+ years of flight simulation leaves you jaded ... I'm probably just getting cranky in my old age.  I've just seen too many "seems like I'm getting 1-5 more FPS / FPS is worse" or "things are blurry / things are much sharper!" posts after every update.

This isn't a jab at Laminar, those patch notes are solid and it looks like it addressed numerous customer-facing problems.

Just not the ones people are discussing in this thread.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Gulfstream said:

Either the patch notes aren't inclusive of what went out in the patch, or what everyone is reporting is just the placebo effect.

Common theme so far in 12. The changelog is generally restricted to bugs spotted-first-time from outside LR. General feature updates and bugs they already knew about, don't get listed.

For example, the improvement to FPS and frametime consistency is significant in this beta but not explicitly mentioned anywhere in the changelog. We've known cloud changes were coming and only get a couple references. We know they did significant work on the shaders but not a peep in the list.

I bet it's everyone's "favorite" Agile system at work. 

5 hours ago, Murmur said:

I think they look fantastic. They now remind me of the incredible clouds of DCS.

The clouds, lighting, and perf improvements, when viewed in VR is....oh my. I could do dawn/dusk touch-and-gos with partial cloud coverage, all day long.

Hopefully the coming openxr stuff resolves some of the last VR glitches.

Edited by blingthinger
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Friendly reminder: WHITELIST AVSIM IN YOUR AD-BLOCKER. Especially if you're on a modern CPU that can run a flight simulator well. These web servers aren't free...