Sign in to follow this  
Murmur

X-Plane 12.06 Is Full of Many Things

https://developer.x-plane.com/2023/07/x-plane-12-06-is-full-of-many-things/

Two things that may be of interest to many:

Improving dark cockpits is high on our todo list

and

The future: in the future the rendering node graph will also let us render different parts of the frame using different CPU cores, for better CPU utilization and higher FPS for CPU-bound users.

• Like 6
  • Upvote 2

"Society has become so fake that the truth actually bothers people".

under certain conditions. tm  😄

Edited by turbomax

AMD 7800X3D, Windows 11, Gigabyte X670 AORUS Elite AX Motherboard, 64GB DDR5 G.SKILL Trident Z5 NEO RGB (AMD Expo), RTX 4090,  Samsung 980 PRO M.2 NVMe SSD 2 TB PCIe 4.0, Samsung 980 PRO M.2 NVMe SSD 1 TB PCIe 4.0, 4K resolution 50" TV @60Hz, HP Reverb G2 VR headset @ 90 Hz, Honeycomb Aeronautical Bravo Throttle Quadrant, be quiet 1000W PSU, Noctua NH-U12S chromax.black air cooler.

60-130 fps. no CPU overclocking.

very nice.

"Coming soon: “Minecraft clouds” (e.g. square cubic clouds, especially with real weather) should be fixed in beta 2, so enjoy them while they last." 😄

I certainly will.

** running to my kids room to grab a Lego Minecraft character, and load my saved copy of XP12.00 **

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Current system: ASUS PRIME Z690-P D4, Intel 12900k, 32GB RAM @ 3600mhz, Zotac RTX 3090 Trinity, M2 SSD, Oculus Quest 2.

So from the link Murmur posted we find this.

"Improving dark cockpits is high on our todo list, but we also don’t want to tweak the light levels in the cockpit over and over and over, thrashing third party developers each time we do it.

My expectation is that when we recalibrate cockpit lighting, minor aircraft updates will be needed, but third parties who have chosen to “fix” cockpit brightness themselves (by adding extra light or hacking materials) may have to undo their hacks. I’ll try to provide clear guidance and early builds when we get to this point, but lighting is still “in development”.

There are 30 pages(!) in the cockpit exposure thread. Some of the "keep it as is, this is how it looks like in a real plane!!"-replies in that thread look very amusing in retrospect, considering what is bolded above. Hope you enjoy the taste of crow, you know who you are.

Happy that LR is finally addressing this weakness.

Edited by SAS443
  • Upvote 2

EASA PPL SEPL ( NQ , Turbocharged, EFIS, Variable Pitch, SLPC, Retractable undercarriage)
B23 / PA32R / PA28 / DA40NG+tdi / C172S 

MSFS | X-Plane 12 |

Really good things on the roadmap. The latest beta has impressed me on what XP12 can deliver.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Make sure to read the comments as well. E.g., according to Ben, they're considering changes to the scenery system in order to accomodate OSM data without too much dumbing down, which means better scenery at some point.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

7950X3D + 6900 XT + 64 GB + Linux | 4800H + RTX2060 + 32 GB + Linux
My add-ons from my FS9/FSX days

18 hours ago, Pe11e said:

“Minecraft clouds” (e.g. square cubic clouds, especially with real weather) should be fixed in beta 2, so enjoy them while they last."

you can still enjoy them in beta 2:

phenom3000-khts-kbgref8dty.png

AMD 7800X3D, Windows 11, Gigabyte X670 AORUS Elite AX Motherboard, 64GB DDR5 G.SKILL Trident Z5 NEO RGB (AMD Expo), RTX 4090,  Samsung 980 PRO M.2 NVMe SSD 2 TB PCIe 4.0, Samsung 980 PRO M.2 NVMe SSD 1 TB PCIe 4.0, 4K resolution 50" TV @60Hz, HP Reverb G2 VR headset @ 90 Hz, Honeycomb Aeronautical Bravo Throttle Quadrant, be quiet 1000W PSU, Noctua NH-U12S chromax.black air cooler.

60-130 fps. no CPU overclocking.

very nice.

17 minutes ago, turbomax said:

you can still enjoy them in beta 2:

What's wrong with it? It's not a bug, it's a feature ... see below where reality tries to simulate X-Plane. However reality fails to display the fps as in XP.

IMG-0857.jpg

• Upvote 3

Watch my YT-channel: https://www.youtube.com/@flyingcarpet1340/

Customer of X-Plane, Aerofly, Flightgear, MSFS.

I was hoping that my biggest disappointment with V-12 would be fixed with the recent update.  My favorite of the default aircraft - The Baron - would have its tendency to be slammed to the runway upon landing fixed.  No matter how gently, I bring her in, she seems to have a big magnet suddenly turned on which slams her down - killing at least one of the engines.  Still have to fly V-11 to feel like I can still fly it.

John Wingold

2 hours ago, flying_carpet said:

What's wrong with it? It's not a bug, it's a feature ... see below where reality tries to simulate X-Plane. 

IMG-0857.jpg

Of course some XP fans have an incredible imagination in telling the strangest stories to justify the bugs, it is a real pleasure to read these gems. 😁

Following your logic you should never upgrade your Xp12 again! 🤭
Later betas will fix those clouds, so if you upgrade XP you'll lose those wonderful square clouds that you call "It's not a bug, it's a feature".

Edited by efis007
  • Like 4

* FS2004 Supersky * ( Atmo Ambient Environment addon) creator.
* XP11 atmoXphere * (
Atmo Ambient Environment addon ) creator.
XP12.0.8 * with ACT (A
mbient Corrector Tweek ).

[Pc intel i3-4160 3.6ghz, 8gb ram, GeForce RTX-3060 12gb, Win10 Home 64bit]

9 minutes ago, efis007 said:

Of course some XP fans have an incredible imagination in telling the strangest stories to justify the bugs, it is a real pleasure to read these gems. 😁
Following your logic you should no longer upgrade your Xp12.
Later betas will fix those bug clouds, so if you upgrade XP you'll lose those gorgeous square clouds that you consider realistic. 🤭
So you can no longer update your XP12, with your reasoning you have precluded any future update, you are destined to fly forever with the Beta2 and its "It's not a bug, it's a feature" clouds.
Congratulations. 👏

Well does that means we should fix the world too because its full of bugs. Sorry world, you cant display clouds like that, its a bug.

• Upvote 2

We're talking beta2 clouds here, not landscapes.
The fact that square can exist on rare occasions in nature....

cube-cloud-fb.jpg

... does not justify the fact that a simulator - to be classified as realistic - must generate cubes in the sky! 😁

If you were a Laminar designer, would you be happy to see your simulator generating cubic clouds ?
There are literally thousands of shapes that look better than the cube for generating clouds in the eyes of the viewer, and it's pretty obvious that the client doesn't want cubes in the sky, they want to see a slightly better representation of clouds than a cube.
The cubic cloud bug already existed in a previous XP12 beta and was fixed as a bug.
And it will certainly be fixed again in the next betas.
If you don't want the square clouds to be fixed write to Laminar and tell him to stop XP12 development, tell him not to go beyond 12.06 Beta2.

• Like 1

* FS2004 Supersky * ( Atmo Ambient Environment addon) creator.
* XP11 atmoXphere * (
Atmo Ambient Environment addon ) creator.
XP12.0.8 * with ACT (A
mbient Corrector Tweek ).

[Pc intel i3-4160 3.6ghz, 8gb ram, GeForce RTX-3060 12gb, Win10 Home 64bit]

So we dont want real,,  im confused. You should look at internet and see all the strange clouds the real world can come up with. But we want a realistic sim now seemingly without realistic clouds. Make up your mindd.

1 hour ago, mjrhealth said:

So we dont want real,,  im confused. You should look at internet and see all the strange clouds the real world can come up with. But we want a realistic sim now seemingly without realistic clouds. Make up your mindd.

It's not that hard to understand. Nothing to be confused about. The fact that those clouds are frequently seen all over the place in the simulator is a bug. How frequently do you see clouds like that in real life? As stated by the developers themselves, they are going to fix the issue. It's as simple as 1 + 1 = 2. The stubbornness to admit it's a bug and not a feature is just silly.

• Like 3

Flight Sim PC - OS: Windows 11 Pro. CPU: i9-13900K.  RAM: 64GB. GPU: NVidia RTX 4090 OC
Flight Sim Xbox - Seriex X, 3TB