Sign in to follow this  
BrandonPoore61

Fenix v2 Rollout and Future Plans (A319, A321, Sharklets)

Under promising and way way way OVER delivering.  🙂 can't wait!

• Like 12
  • Upvote 5

Jeff D. Nielsen (KMCI)

https://www.twitch.tv/pilotskcx

https://discord.io/MaxDutyDay

10th Gen Intel Core i9 10900KF (10-Core, 20MB Cache, 3.7GHz to 5.3GHz w/Thermal Velocity Boost) | NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 24GB GDDR6X | 128GB Dual Channel DDR4 XMP at 3200MHz | 2TB M.2 PCIe SSD (Boot) + 2TB 7200RPM SATA 6Gb/s (Storage) | Lunar Light chassis with High-Performance CPU/GPU Liquid Cooling and 1000W Power Supply

6 minutes ago, BrandonPoore61 said:

Fenix have annouced their V2 rollout plans and future products. A319 and A321 coming! And sharklets

https://fenixsim.com/blog/entries/2023-08-05_v2_rollout/

Amazing Stuff and News. Thanks Brandon for sharing. 

PS. Will it have an EFB? Sorry…had to do it!  😜😜😜

Edited by btacon
  • Like 3

Someone asked Aamir what planes you will get in the expansion. Here is his response taken from the Fenix Discord:

Well, you actually get 8 aircraft for £39.99.

A319 CFM
A319 IAE
A319 CFM+SL
A319 IAE+SL
A321 CFM
A321 IAE
A321 CFM+SL
A321 IAE+SL.

• Like 16

Fenix continues to deliver and impress in spades. A319/A321 as an expansion package for 39.99 GBP / US$ ~50 !! (all inheriting the new enhancements coming to the 320). Really looking forward to the flight model v2 and fly-by-wire v2. Also intrigued by how they're going to raise the visuals bar on top of what is already delivered in the current version of the aircraft.

In V2 Block 1, you will get FBWv2, FMv2, the first of our new displays (ISIS, and smaller displays will come later), all our code-side performance optimisations (including the new display render tech!), a good chunk of the non-dependant avionics improvements throughout the airplane, including our new VNAV, and bug fixes aplenty. Full changelog will be with you when we roll out. This, then, will set the stage for the second phase of delivering V2, which we expect to conclude by the end of September (this year, before the 2024 memes start!). Block 2 will include the new visual model, IAE and external engine model, further avionics fixes, EFBv2, and any revisions or improvements we see required to Block 1.
As a taster and a thank you for the patience, later next week we will release some screenshots to demonstrate what exactly it is we’re aiming to achieve with Block 2 while you wait for it - specifically in this case, with the visual model. The entire aircraft has been painstakingly rebuilt - raising the bar from what we managed to achieve with our first version, but also consuming lots of time and resources - all for free.
Well, I’ve been keeping a secret from you all. It’s not a very good secret, given I believe most would have guessed what is to follow. In parallel with revamping the A320 with V2, we have also been building an A321 and A319. The improvements we've made with V2 have provided a stronger foundation to build upon for this expansion. We intend to release these by the end of the year, as a single expansion package, for £39.99 - and yes, as is with the A320, sharklets will follow, and for free. So, September for Block 2, and A321 and A319 by the end of the year. Early into 2024, we will update all our product lines with Sharklets, for free.

For reference, the previous blog with all the juicy details of enhancements coming to the 320: https://fenixsim.com/blog/entries/2023-05-19_anniversary/

Edited by lwt1971
  • Like 4

Len
1980s: Sublogic FS II on C64 ---> 1990s: Flight Unlimited I/II, MSFS 95/98 ---> 2000s/2010s: FS/X, P3D, XP ---> 2020+: MSFS
Current system: i9 13900K, RTX 4090, 64GB DDR5 4800 RAM, 4TB NVMe SSD

I'm sorry, that is simply not okay, I want to pay $140. $40 for all that, bah! does it even come with a keylogger? Flight simming really isn't what it used to be.

• Like 22
  • Upvote 1

Asus TUF X670E-PLUS | 7800X3D | G.Skill 32GB DDR @ CL30 6000MHz | RTX 4090 Founders Edition (Undervolted) | WD SNX 850X 2TB + 4TB + 4TB

1 minute ago, Sethos said:

I'm sorry, that is simply not okay, I want to pay $140. $40 for all that, bah! does it even come with a keylogger? Flight simming really isn't what it used to be.

Pft, back in my day you paid $40 to get into the AirSimmer Fenix Beta that goes belly up after 13 months of missed release dates. 😂

In all seriousness, man Fenix has been busy! I truly did not expect all of this.

Take-offs are optional, landings are mandatory.
The only time you have too much fuel is when you're on fire.
To make a small fortune in aviation you must start with a large fortune.

There's nothing less important than the runway behind you and the altitude above you.
It's better to be on the ground wishing you were in the air, than in the air wishing you were on the ground.

Simply one of the best dev's out there. No waffle, just gets on with the job, and delivers ...... at a fantastic price for what your getting.

PS Please feel free  do a either a  A330- A340-A350 when you get a chance.

Edited by Car147
  • Like 6
  • Upvote 8

AMD Ryzen 7 5800x3d, MSI X570 Pro, 32 gb DDR4 3600 ram, Gigabyte 6800 16gb GPU, 1x 2tb Samsung  NvMe , 2x 1tb Sabrent NvME, 1x Crucial SSD,

Nice surprise on the A321 news. So much for the rumored FSLabs A321 that has been spotted flying around. Either way, it’s nice to see all these planes coming out soon. Can’t wait for the v2 and new aircraft. Thanks Fenix.

Edited by Wise87
  • Like 1

Dan

i9-13900K / Asus Maximus Hero Z790 / RTX 4090 FE / G.Skill Trident Z5 RGB 32 GB DDR5-6400 CL32 / Artic Liquid Freezer II 360 / Samsung 980 PRO SSD 1TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / Samsung 980 PRO SSD 2TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / Samsung 970 EVO Plus SSD 2TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / EVGA 1000W G3, 80+ Gold / Phanteks Eclipse P600S ATX Mid Tower / Arctic P14 PWM Case Fans / LG C2 42 Inch Class 4K OLED TV/Monitor / Windows 11 Pro

5 minutes ago, Wise87 said:

Nice surprise on the A321 news. So much for the rumored FSLabs A321 that has been spotted flying around. Either way, it’s nice to see all these planes coming out soon. 

Maybe it was the Fenix A321 that's been flying about.

AMD Ryzen 7 5800x3d, MSI X570 Pro, 32 gb DDR4 3600 ram, Gigabyte 6800 16gb GPU, 1x 2tb Samsung  NvMe , 2x 1tb Sabrent NvME, 1x Crucial SSD,

Felix is just such an awesome developer and communicator. Thanks Amir !

• Like 6

Ron Hamilton

"95% is half the truth, but most of it is lies, but if you read half of what is written, you'll be okay." __ Honey Boo Boo's Mom

5 minutes ago, Car147 said:

Maybe it was the Fenix A321 that's been flying about.

No, it was a FSLabs dev. It has been mentioned several times.

• Like 1

Dan

i9-13900K / Asus Maximus Hero Z790 / RTX 4090 FE / G.Skill Trident Z5 RGB 32 GB DDR5-6400 CL32 / Artic Liquid Freezer II 360 / Samsung 980 PRO SSD 1TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / Samsung 980 PRO SSD 2TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / Samsung 970 EVO Plus SSD 2TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / EVGA 1000W G3, 80+ Gold / Phanteks Eclipse P600S ATX Mid Tower / Arctic P14 PWM Case Fans / LG C2 42 Inch Class 4K OLED TV/Monitor / Windows 11 Pro

will we be able to purchase the 321 standalone? i do not own the 320, and not rly interested by it or 319. i hope so

28 minutes ago, btacon said:

Someone asked Aamir what planes you will get in the expansion. Here is his response taken from the Fenix Discord:

Well, you actually get 8 aircraft for £39.99.

A319 CFM
A319 IAE
A319 CFM+SL
A319 IAE+SL
A321 CFM
A321 IAE
A321 CFM+SL
A321 IAE+SL.

Fenix has upped the game again. All before 2024. Sheesh. 

• Like 1