Sign in to follow this  
Benbo

Nvidia Driver 536.99

On 8/16/2023 at 9:40 PM, Alvega said:

DX12 and SU13 beta, not even one stutter.

DX11, Ultra settings, TAA, SU13_beta - stutter-free.

i9 13900K, 32GB 2x16 @7200 DDR5, RTX 4090

2 hours ago, TENPATROL said:

DX11, Ultra settings, TAA, SU13_beta - stutter-free.

i9 13900K, 32GB 2x16 @7200 DDR5, RTX 4090

Why not DX12, TAA and Frame Generation. Genuine question and TIA,

-B

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, FlyIce said:

I'll give rolling back driver a try. Apparently it's acknowledged by MSFS too on their website: 

https://flightsimulator.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/6422969348508

They suggest version 531.29. Hopefully that'll solve the problem for the moment. 

Well, just did a clean install of 531.29 and still got similar CTD after 10-20min. I think sth got broken in the latest MSFS2020b update. Can only hope that they'll fix it in the next update. 

• Like 1

7950X3D / 32GB / RTX4090 / HP Reverb G2 / Win11

3 minutes ago, FlyIce said:

Well, just did a clean install of 531.29 and still got similar CTD after 10-20min. I think sth got broken in the latest MSFS2020b update. Can only hope that they'll fix it in the next update. 

Have you tried turning all MSFS traffic off?  We each sometimes face individual issues.  I chased nVidia drivers as my issue with very mixed results.  I fell back to the much earlier 531.29 driver as advised by Asobo.  Went CTD free until I added back 40% aircraft traffic in MSFS options.  CTD's returned.  Tried 30% traffic, still occasional CTDs.  Went back to zero traffic setting again.  No CTDs.  Updated to this 536.99 when it was released.  No CTDs yet with MSFS aircraft traffic set at zero.  I do still have a meager level of ground vehicle and boat/ship traffic.  My focus on MSFS aircraft traffic was driven by similar reports from other simmers.

I completed an Hjet flight today from KOAK to KMKC, FL430, M .067M, 3.8 hours.  Then a 2.6 hour flight from KMKC to KBWI.  No CTDs.  Actually, last 23 hours since zeroing out aircraft traffic with no CTDs.  All of those with 536.99

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

Thanks and I'll give it a try again. I do suspect part of reason is that I'm running mostly Ultra settings with TLOD=400. Reducing settings probably will help.

Nonetheless, the point is that I had been running the exact same settings with very few CTD prior to the most recent update. This kind of CTD is really frustrating as it is so time-consuming to fix or even confirm. 

3 hours ago, FlyIce said:

Thanks and I'll give it a try again. I do suspect part of reason is that I'm running mostly Ultra settings with TLOD=400. Reducing settings probably will help.

Nonetheless, the point is that I had been running the exact same settings with very few CTD prior to the most recent update. This kind of CTD is really frustrating as it is so time-consuming to fix or even confirm. 

What plane do you fly when this happens? After months I started using the Fenix again with the V2 block 1 update (had no issues with DX12 prior to that) and now I can't finish two flights without the DXGI device hung crash...I also tried 536.67, 536.23 and even 531.29. Especially in the Fenix I could really use the main thread headroom in DX12 but for now I give up and will use DX11 for it.

I flew mostly just GA planes like 172, so nothing complex about airplane. But I fly in VR which is really demanding to GPU and CPU. I have 7950X3D and 4090 so the hardware is about as good as it gets. I wonder whether my 32GB ram is getting too small after the update?  

DX11 in VR halves the fps and I think it gives the same CTD too. This is slowly turning into a nightmare as every single flight I did after update ended to CTD within 10-20 minutes. I just began to recognize the cruel reality that MSFS is completely broken at the moment for me. 

Fortunately I have been flying real planes so I can wait for the next update... 😆 

2 hours ago, Ricardo41 said:

537.13 is out.

Going over to read the notes.  If there is nothing MSFS specific I might leave them.

PS. Another tweak to the GeForce filters stability in Battlefield 2024 (but might carry across to MSFS - you never know), but also ready for Starfield, so I will get them.

Edited by bobcat999
  • Like 1

Call me Bob or Rob, I don't mind, but I prefer Rob.

I like to trick airline passengers into thinking I have my own swimming pool in my back yard by painting a large blue rectangle on my patio.

Intel 14900K in a Z790 motherboard with water cooling, RTX 4080, 32 GB 6000 CL30 DDR5 RAM, W11 and MSFS on Samsung 980 Pro NVME SSD's.  Core Isolation Off, Game Mode Off.

Pass...

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

Did some flights - neither issues nor improvements with 537.13 driver.

I had CTDs almost every second flight, but since I stopped touching Nvidia Control Panel and changing MSFS NVIDIA profile settings I have no more CTDs.

Adrian

I reduced my TLOD from 400 to 300 and was able to fly much longer, like 40 minutes. But it sill ended up to CTD.

Maybe this is due to VRAM leak/overflown kind of problem in MSFS2020? If true it makes sense that CTD happens faster with TLOD=400 and slower with TLOD=300. 

On 8/22/2023 at 4:53 AM, FlyIce said:

High TLOD settings do the same for me.  It looks great but still get a CTD after a while and the fans on my video card are going like the clappers too unless I lock FPS to 30.

Part of my issue is due to running a lot of very hungry airport and photoscenery addons though.

I am tempted to give DX11 and TAA another go again, but FPS was far lower last time I tried that (though it looked better visually).

Ryzen 5800X3D, Nvidia 3080 - 32 Gig DDR4 RAM, 1TB & 2 TB NVME drives - Windows 11 64 bit MSFS 2020 Premium Deluxe Edition Resolution 2560 x 1440 (32 inch curved monitor)

Has anyone tested out the latest driver - 537.13 - Any known issues before I update? thanks 😁

Paul Wain