Sign in to follow this  
Benbo

Nvidia Driver 536.99

9 hours ago, Virtual-Chris said:

I don’t know if it’s the driver the new beta sim build or both, but I don’t seem to be taking a hit on FPS when using a pop out panel on a second display.

I also set G-Sync to both Full Screen and Windowed (vs Full Screen only) so maybe that was the difference? Popping out a panel on a G-sync display definitely seems to create some issues with G-Sync, but moving it to my 2nd display seems to resolve any issues. 

Well, that must have been a welcome surprise! Those don't come along too often

• Like 1

Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-10700F CPU @ 2.90GHz (8 cores) Hyper on, Evga RTX 3060 12 Gig, 32 GB ram, Windows 11, P3D v6, and MSFS 2020 and a couple of SSD's

My MSFS crashes with a DX12 error (says something like GPU overclocked, or a bug, or many other possibilities!) as soon as I get to the "fly now" screen. I tried with DX11 as well, same thing. I was able to reproduce the error every time by opening the same aiport at the same stand, using the Fenix A320.

I am on the beta build, and using the Fenix A320 with the latest v1.5 update. As soon as the Fenix app launches, or very shortly after, MSFS CTDs. I rolled back to 536.67 and I don't have the issue at all (again with latest Fenix update).

Admittedly I did not try it without using Fenix so I'm not sure if it's an incompatibility with Fenix or other addons. I didn't want to mess about so rolled back to last known good. YMMV of course.

• Like 1

536.99 works very well for me, better as my last driver ( not shure a 100% but i think it was 531.29 ? )

A couple more FPS, 3 or 4 now with a good smoothnes, to say i am NOT on the Beta !

cheers 😉

• Like 1

My Rig : Intel I7-7820X 8 Core ( 16 Threads ) @ 4,0, ASUS Prime X299 A II,  64 GB 3600-17 Trident Z, 750W Corsair CX750 80+ Bronze,  MSI 8GB RTX 2080 Super Ventus XS OC, WD 4TB and WD 6TB 7200 HD,  Win10 V.21H2, in use 3x 4K monitors 2x32 Samsung 1x27 LG  3840x2160.

spacer.png

Driver 536.99 works just as good as the version before, I don't notice any difference at all.

• Like 1

System: I ASRock X670E | AMD 7800X3D | 32Gb DDR5 6000 | RTX 4090 | 2TB NVMe | LG Ultra Gear 34* UW |

7 hours ago, DANgerousFlyer said:

My MSFS crashes with a DX12 error (says something like GPU overclocked, or a bug, or many other possibilities!) as soon as I get to the "fly now" screen. I tried with DX11 as well, same thing. I was able to reproduce the error every time by opening the same aiport at the same stand, using the Fenix A320.

I am on the beta build, and using the Fenix A320 with the latest v1.5 update. As soon as the Fenix app launches, or very shortly after, MSFS CTDs. I rolled back to 536.67 and I don't have the issue at all (again with latest Fenix update).

Admittedly I did not try it without using Fenix so I'm not sure if it's an incompatibility with Fenix or other addons. I didn't want to mess about so rolled back to last known good. YMMV of course.

I had lots of these crashes as well (not immediately but within a couple of minutes or when opening settings in flight) with the Fenix in DX12, SU13 beta. Now opted out of SU13b, switched to DX11 and have no issues anymore on 536.99.

Edited by OuterMarker
  • Like 1

No more issues with this driver!

I can finally run DX12 with FG on AND NVIDIA Game Filters!

Super stoked!

Jay

| PPL ASEL |
| i9-9900k | MSI GeForce RTX 4090 Gaming Trio 24Gb | ASUS ROG Strix Z390-E | G.Skill Trident Z RGB DDR4 3200Mhz | 32' 4K HDR | Windows 11

Had to go with this driver to play BG3. 

MSFS seems to be working perfectly fine, though. 

Richard

7950x3d   |   32Gb 6000mHz RAM   |   8Tb NVme   |   RTX 4090    |    MSFS    |    P3D    |      XP12  

Maybe beta is the culprit for me... but if I opt out of it then I fear having to do a full re-install. Eek. Will stay as I am, it works well enough!

(sorry i tried to quote @OuterMarker above and failed, user error!)

Edited by DANgerousFlyer
Made a mistake

I also had CTD with this driver, not on BETA 13. Also when flying Fenix. Now reverted back to earlier driver

The new drivers seem to be working fine for me. Not using Beta 13 and a 3080ti GPU. Have done flights in the Fenix A320 and Kuro B788, using the GeForce filters and haven't had any issues. 

Scott

"...now let's get this thing on the hump - we've got some flyin' to do!" ~ Major Kong from "Dr. Stranglove"

Scott Cebula

Just completed a 1 hour flight in the Comanche with this driver in DX12 and SU13 beta, not even one stutter.

• Like 1

Alvega

CPU: AMD 7800X3D | COOLER: Cooler Master MasterLiquid 240L Core ARGB | GPU: RTX 4070 TI Super 16GB OC | Mobo: ASUS TUF GAMING X670E-PLUS WIFI |
RAM: 32 GB Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR5 6000MHz PC5-48000 2x16GB CL36 | SSDs: WD Black SN770 2TB NVMe SSD (WIN11), WD Black SN850X SSD 2 TB M.2 2280 PCIe Gen4 NVMe (MSFS), Crucial MX500 2TB (Other stuff) | CASE: Forgeon Arcanite ARGB Mesh Tower ATX White | Power Supply: Forgeon Bolt PSU 850W 80+ Gold Full Modular White 

Haven't flew for a while and just updated both MSFS2020 and Nvidia driver to 536.99 last night. Now every flight crashes within 10-20 minutes. Sometime I got the error "DGXI_ERROR_DEVICE_HUNG (0x887a0006)". 

Before I got CTD occasionally, but now it's a certainty for every flight. Really puzzling. I checked CPU and GPU and there were no over-heatings. Very frustrating. I flew only in VR with HP G2 goggle. 

7950X3D / 32GB / RTX4090 / HP Reverb G2 / Win11

43 minutes ago, FlyIce said:

Haven't flew for a while and just updated both MSFS2020 and Nvidia driver to 536.99 last night. Now every flight crashes within 10-20 minutes. Sometime I got the error "DGXI_ERROR_DEVICE_HUNG (0x887a0006)". 

Before I got CTD occasionally, but now it's a certainty for every flight. Really puzzling. I checked CPU and GPU and there were no over-heatings. Very frustrating. I flew only in VR with HP G2 goggle. 

That sounds like GPU error. Maybe revert back to a previous/earlier driver.

• Like 2

Hero X--8086k@5.1ghz--32GBddr4--2080ti--Acer GSync 4k Monitor + 1080p Monitor--Honeycomb Alpha/Bravo+Saitek Pedals--Thrustmaster T16000+Throttle. P2ATC, AIG/FSLTL, GSX, 600gb of scenery, PMS/TDI 750, Auto FPS, FG Mod, FSrealistic, FScrewRAAS,RexTextures/Seasons,Navigraph etc

A2A Comanche---Bae146, F28, Arrow(s), BS Bonanza & BS King Air---FSR500--COWS DA42---Fx HJet+VisionJet---FSW 414 +LearJet---FSS E175+P2006T+Analog Version---Fenix 320-------PMDG DC-6+737+9---C22J---Milviz C310+Porter---SWS PC-12, Kodiak, Zenith+RV14---Big Radialsl Goose---IFE MB339+F-35---NextGen EMB----Carenado Seneca + PC12---AS CRJ Series----Asobo ATR---