Sign in to follow this  
Ray Proudfoot

Concorde released

As another performance reference, I booted up 5.4 and loaded in to gate 534 at SimWings EGLL.  With AIG Traffic at 50% (roughly 65 planes near me), no ASP3D, but with Chaseplane running, I was maintaining 30fps in the cockpit (I limit it to 30 in NCP).  VRAM was around 6.5GB used out of 21.5GB, but more interestingly 37GB of system RAM was being used out of 64GB.  This was also without the interior option selected and at a monitor resolution of 3440x1440.

Never flew the original Concord module so I’m looking forward to learning how to operate this bird!

P3D V5.4 | Windows 10 | MSI X670E Tomahawk | AMD 7800X3D | GSkill 64GB DDR5 6000 | EVGA GeForce GTX 3090 Ti FTW3 ULTRA HYBRID GAMING | ASUS PG348Q 34" Ultrawide | Lian Li O11 Dynamic Evo | EKWB 360 AIO | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 G6

Call me picky but some parts of cockpit modelling looks as dated and ugly as 32bit Concorde.

Maybe there is a new visual model implemented but definitely i see some old parts as well.- modelling of panels, bolts, ugly and low res overhead insulation, overhead lamps etc.

• Like 2

Artur 

2 minutes ago, Beardyman said:

Call me picky but some parts of cockpit modelling looks as dated and ugly as 32bit Concorde.

Maybe there is a new visual model implemented but definitely i see some old parts as well.- modelling of panels, bolts, ugly and low res overhead insulation, overhead lamps etc.

Yes, it is definitely not on par with the latest add-ons being released for the other platform. But I was expecting this, at least for the P3D release. 

Edited by GCBraun
  • Like 1

PC1: AMD Ryzen 7800X3D | Zotac RTX 4090 Trinity | Asus TUF X670E-Plus | G.SKILL Trident Z5 NEO 32GB DDR5 PC 6000 CL30 | 4TB NVMe  | Noctua NH-D15 | Asus TUF 1000W Gold | be quiet! Pure Base 500DX | Noctua NH-D15S | LG OLED CX 48"

PC2: AMD Ryzen 7700X | PowerColor Radeon RX 6800 XT Red Dragon | MSI MPG B650I EDGE  ITX | G.SKILL Flare Expo X5 32GB DDR5 PC 6000 CL32 | 2TB NVMe  | Cooler Master Hyper | Lian Li 750W SFX Gold | Lian Li TU150 | SAMSUNG Odyssey G9 49"

GoFlight GF-PRO NG 737 Yoke System - Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog - Honeycomb Bravo Throttle - MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals - TrackIR - Stream Deck XL + Stream Deck Plus

1 minute ago, GCBraun said:

Yes, it is definitely not on par with the latest add-os being released for the other platform. But I was expecting this, at least for the P3D release. 

I did not expect to see modelling and texturing from beginning of 2000 ...

• Like 2

Artur 

Heh, you know you've got a P3D addon release on your hands when on page 8, vast majority of the talk up to that point is about low performance and how many sliders you need to decrease, clunky installers and dated visuals and not the flight dynamics, all the cool features and how much of a joy it is to fly 😅

• Like 1

Asus TUF X670E-PLUS | 7800X3D | G.Skill 32GB DDR @ CL30 6000MHz | RTX 4090 Founders Edition (Undervolted) | WD SNX 850X 2TB + 4TB + 4TB

7 minutes ago, Beardyman said:

I did not expect to see modelling and texturing from beginning of 2000 ...

Yes, the focus of the development team clearly went elsewhere and I can accept that due to it’s uniqueness. 

PC1: AMD Ryzen 7800X3D | Zotac RTX 4090 Trinity | Asus TUF X670E-Plus | G.SKILL Trident Z5 NEO 32GB DDR5 PC 6000 CL30 | 4TB NVMe  | Noctua NH-D15 | Asus TUF 1000W Gold | be quiet! Pure Base 500DX | Noctua NH-D15S | LG OLED CX 48"

PC2: AMD Ryzen 7700X | PowerColor Radeon RX 6800 XT Red Dragon | MSI MPG B650I EDGE  ITX | G.SKILL Flare Expo X5 32GB DDR5 PC 6000 CL32 | 2TB NVMe  | Cooler Master Hyper | Lian Li 750W SFX Gold | Lian Li TU150 | SAMSUNG Odyssey G9 49"

GoFlight GF-PRO NG 737 Yoke System - Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog - Honeycomb Bravo Throttle - MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals - TrackIR - Stream Deck XL + Stream Deck Plus

4 minutes ago, Sethos said:

flight dynamics, all the cool features and how much of a joy it is to fly

I cannot say anything about those as i have OOM's being alone on default airport.

Discussion about flight experience must wait 🙂

• Like 3

Artur 

48 minutes ago, Beardyman said:

Have you ever seen a real Concorde?

• Like 2

Intel i7 6700K @4.3. 32gb Gskill 3200 RAM. Z170x Gigabyte m/b. 28" LG HD monitor. Win 10 Home. 500g Samsung 960 as Windows home. 1 Gb Mushkin SSD for P3D. GTX 1080 8gb.

Just now, IanHarrison said:

Yes, was even inside ( Le Bourget ) - what difference does it make??

Artur 

Hmmm.  If I ever get this it wont be until the MSFS2020 release when hopefully the wrinkles this thread is throwing up are dealt with.

Bruce

Bruce Bartlett

Frodo: "I wish none of this had happened." Gandalf: "So do all who live to see such times, but that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us."

I am curious to see screenshots of these "dated" areas of the cockpit, if only to ascertain whether they really are as bad as some are suggesting, or if it is simply a consequence of the "MSFS effect" in action.

• Like 3

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

I wonder what is wrong with my well upkept and updated OS that I need to dive in the net to find a piece of a programme to get this plane installed. You don t seem to have the same problem.

Sounds like I'm out with my 1080 8Gb and 4K monitor.  Shame.  Not going to upgrade just to use it when the rest of my add-ons are running well.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, IanHarrison said:

I have and I can assure you the visual clarity is amazing 😂 

• Like 1

Formally screen name was Alex_YSSY until the forum software ate my account  ^_^

10 hours ago, fluffyflops said:

Im sure I read somewhere you need 12 gig vram for the cockpit displays.

That's for 4k supposedly, 8gb should in theory be sufficient for 1080p. Whether that will prove the case in practice I have yet to determine.

PUT In the UK.

AMD Ryzen 5 5600x & Radeon RX570 8GB. Prepar3Dv5.3 @1080p

spacer.png