Sign in to follow this  
Ray Proudfoot

Concorde released

13 minutes ago, Skywolf said:

Lol, if I remember correctly - the 32bit version would OOM out if your monitor resolution was higher (I could be wrong, I am recalling from memory). 

You’re not wrong. I had to downsize to 1920*1080 on my 4K monitor to keep VAS at reasonable levels.

32Gb was only on the first couple of loads. I’ll check usage when I return to it over the weekend.

• Like 1

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

36 minutes ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

You’re not wrong. I had to downsize to 1920*1080 on my 4K monitor to keep VAS at reasonable levels.

32Gb was only on the first couple of loads. I’ll check usage when I return to it over the weekend.

Wow...

Seriously, I haven't seen any addon software which consumes 32gb ram like this.  I wonder if some FSX code is still in this P3D bird and consuming memory like a drunken sailor.  Going to keep reviewing post by you all to see on what is going on.

• Upvote 1

Active Pattern: MSFS2020 | In Long term Storage: Prepar3d  

How I Evaluate Third Party Sim Addon Developers

Refined P3Dv5.0 HF2 Settings Part1 (has MaddogX) and older thread Part 2 (has PMDG 747)

32gb?

These are all at between 6.7 and 7.7 with the interior on.

2023-7-28_23-36-9-606-X3.jpg

2023-7-29_1-21-36-266-X3.jpg

2023-7-9_0-29-30-924-X3.jpg

2023-7-9_0-58-46-805-X3.jpg

conc10-X3.jpg

conc7-X3.jpg

Prepar3D%202023-06-14%2017-19-35-X3.jpg

Prepar3D%202023-06-14%2023-44-28-X3.jpg

Prepar3D%202023-07-04%2016-53-44-X3.jpg

The highway to frustration starts with ignoring the advice of the people who tested and developed the aircraft about how to learn this Concorde.

Its not the same as the previous version by a massive margin so thinking you can get it and "wing it" because you know boats will simply lead to more lawn mowing.

Real Concorde pilots took months of study and many sim sessions before turned loose in the real aircraft anyone who thinks they are somehow far more knowledgeable as to be able to ignore advice and counsel well you will be frustrated.

No aircraft was more procedural than Concorde so to keep it simple "if you dont follow the procedures you will struggle from day one". No level of multi crew integration has ever been seen in any addon ever that approaches this level of complexity to make the user experience as realistic and "manageable"as possible.

With more systems accuracy and more depicted workload increases massively. This is not P3Dv3.

There where three crew in the Concorde for a reason if anyone thinks they can manage the workload involved in the Concorde by themself like the Canarsie climb good luck.

Youve heard it before RTFM this addon more than ANY other ever requires adherence to procedures, the same procedures used in the real Concorde.

Ignore them and expect frustration.

You have questions post them at the FSlabs forum for help there is the most knowledgeable people on the Concorde you will ever meet there who are happy to share the passion and their amazing knowledge.

Edited by DEHowie
  • Like 11
  • Upvote 2

Darren Howie

@DEHowie,

I see, basically they solved the OOM issue for computer, now it's the OOM issue for pilots. 😂

Edited by Ray Proudfoot
Long quoted post removed.

The information on the product page states a minimum of 16GB RAM is required. I would have thought that anyone with 32GB installed should have no problem at all. Not that it matters to me at the moment. A quick check of the cost of a modern PC has relegated me to dreamland :sad:

Edited by Christopher Low
  • Like 1

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

If I can run this then I imagine most people on here can. At 1080p at least. Granted I don't use AI traffic which is a big weight taken off my system.

I completed the tutorial flight yesterday with minimal performance problems, my only problems were with operating the aircraft (the need for a separate tiller axis for ground steering is inconvenient if more realistic), and the the auto-crew implementation takes some getting used to (so far as I'm aware most of that can be disabled for those who want an experience closer to the old Concorde X).

I for one am quite happy with what FSL have come out with, also at a much more reasonable price-point than I was expecting.

Edited by SimeonWilbury
  • Like 1

PUT In the UK.

AMD Ryzen 5 5600x & Radeon RX570 8GB. Prepar3Dv5.3 @1080p

spacer.png

4 hours ago, DEHowie said:

32gb?

That’s what RTSS reported. Later loads reported around 14Gb.

I hope you’re aware I’ve been flying Concorde for over 10 years including 5 of managing fuel myself. I’m no stranger to Concorde but this iteration is so far removed from the previous one. None of this was made public prior to release. Had it been I would certainly have held off. But unless you’ve bought it you can’t see the topics so it’s Catch-22.

Being forced to leave all operations to the virtual crew is frustrating and several experienced customers have made their frustrations clear.

• Like 1

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

3 hours ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

Being forced to leave all operations to the virtual crew is frustrating and several experienced customers have made their frustrations clear.

Ray, the comment above seems to indicate that the automated FO and Engineer can we switched off for those that want to do everything themselves.

Mark W   CYYZ      

My Simhttps://goo.gl/photos/oic45LSoaHKEgU8E9

My Concorde Tutorial Videos available here:  https://www.youtube.com/user/UPS1000

6 minutes ago, MarkW said:

Ray, the comment above seems to indicate that the automated FO and Engineer can we switched off for those that want to do everything themselves.

Not at the moment Mark. It requires a new version to unlock that feature. Be aware you have to use the HP 200LX unit to manage your flight. The aircraft both internally and externally may look the same as X but how you manage it is very different. You're only made aware of this after access to the forums is granted which requires you to purchase it.

• Like 1

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

3 hours ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

I hope you’re aware I’ve been flying Concorde for over 10 years including 5 of managing fuel myself. I’m no stranger to Concorde but this iteration is so far removed from the previous one.

FSLabs could have used you as a Beta tester…

• Like 2

51 minutes ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

Not at the moment Mark. It requires a new version to unlock that feature. Be aware you have to use the HP 200LX unit to manage your flight. The aircraft both internally and externally may look the same as X but how you manage it is very different. You're only made aware of this after access to the forums is granted which requires you to purchase it.

Interesting, I really don't understand the locking of forums, really makes no sense, especially upon initial release.

• Like 1

Mark W   CYYZ      

My Simhttps://goo.gl/photos/oic45LSoaHKEgU8E9

My Concorde Tutorial Videos available here:  https://www.youtube.com/user/UPS1000

8 hours ago, DEHowie said:

32gb?

These are all at between 6.7 and 7.7 with the interior on.

Yup. Tried it again this morning. P3D rapidly gets up to 20GB used when the virtual crew system loads, then around 28GB right as it starts. Things usually crash right afterwards, or when it attempts to load the runway data.

Not sure why the Virtual Crew is such a hog.

Cheers!

• Upvote 2

Luke Kolin

I make simFDR, the most advanced flight data recorder for FSX, Prepar3D and X-Plane.

16 minutes ago, Luke said:

Yup. Tried it again this morning. P3D rapidly gets up to 20GB used when the virtual crew system loads, then around 28GB right as it starts. Things usually crash right afterwards, or when it attempts to load the runway data.

Not sure why the Virtual Crew is such a hog.

Cheers!

In today's flight my RAM reached 44GB out of my 64GB available, no CTD or stutters but I also think it is a lor of RAM

• Upvote 2

Ramon De Valencia

Intel i9 13900k @ stock / Windows 11 64 bit / 64GB DDR5 5600MHz CL36 RAM / GTX 4090 24GB VRAM / 1000 watt PSU

That's insane.

Cheers

• Upvote 1

Luke Kolin

I make simFDR, the most advanced flight data recorder for FSX, Prepar3D and X-Plane.

1 hour ago, craigeaglefire said:

FSLabs could have used you as a Beta tester…

There are no application forms. You have to be invited.

41 minutes ago, MarkW said:

Interesting, I really don't understand the locking of forums, really makes no sense, especially upon initial release.

They’ve always had this policy. Agreed it’s not helpful when potential customers want to assess things before buying.

• Upvote 2

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather