Sign in to follow this  
jcomm

P3D v6, default only, Hungary to Austria...

This video has shown me how refined the scenery, including landclass & textures, autogen, mesh and even airport scenery, as well as weather, are in P3D v6, no addons added !

P3D v6 Budapest, Hungary to Vienna, Austria - YouTube

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

It looks like perhaps it has Orbx Global installed? Unless LM have dramatically improved this part of the world in v6

Edit: Seems not.. Not bad at all for default textures

Stock scenery in P3D v5 is approximately 39Gb and includes 24,553 airports, stock scenery in P3D v6 is approximately 57Gb and includes 26,869 airports:

P3D v5
 Airports: 24553
  Runways: 60534
  Airways: 11209
   Routes: 97312
  Navaids: 8854
Waypoints: 187397

P3D v6
 Airports: 26869
  Runways: 62460
  Airways: 11818
   Routes: 98086
  Navaids: 8929
Waypoints: 209107

(information extracted by Ideal Flight)

• Like 4

Steve Waite: Engineer at codelegend.com

IMO stock v6 looks just as bad as stock v1-5.

I didn't notice any significant improvements in v6 compared to v5 when I installed it, aside from the better volumetric clouds.

The ambient occlusion didn't do much, and the TXAA antialiasing caused shimmering and wasn't any better than SGAA.

It is interesting that v6 has a lot more airports than v5.

My 2c.

Dave

• Like 2

Simulator: P3Dv5.4

System Specs: Intel i7 13700K CPU, MSI Mag Z790 Tomahawk Motherboard, 32GB DDR5 6000MHz RAM, Nvidia GeForce RTX 4070 Video Card, 3x 1TB Samsung 980 Pro M.2 2280 SSDs, Windows 11 Home OS

Yeah unfortunately I must agree with the previous poster, the stock textures just do not look that improved in v6. The Orbx textures could really help. 

• Like 1

i7 13700K @ 5.3 ghz / DeepCool AK620 Cooler / MSI Z790 Tomahawk WiFi / 32GB Trident DDR5 RAM @ 7200 mhz / 24GB Gainward 3090 Geforce RTX  / 2 TB SSD WD Black SN850X NVMe / 1 TB SSD Samsung 990 Pro series / 2 TB SSD Samsung 980 Pro Series / 500 gb and 250 gb SSD Samsung Evo 850 / RM1000W Corsair PSU

Yeah, I am not all that impressed either to be honest. 

Would really like V6 to take off but with the rather anemic support from 3rd party devs I don't really see that happening. 

Still liking my v5.4 and using it quite often, before the choir starts kvetching about trolls and such. 

Richard

7950x3d   |   32Gb 6000mHz RAM   |   8Tb NVme   |   RTX 4090    |    MSFS    |    P3D    |      XP12  

Totally UNIMPRESSED.  You should see my flight from Hungary to Austria.  It's totally different and so very realistic...in P3dV5.4

25 minutes ago, spilok said:

Totally UNIMPRESSED.  You should see my flight from Hungary to Austria.  It's totally different and so very realistic...in P3dV5.4

Are you comparing your sim with addons or default to a default v6?

Version 6 is a diamond in the rough. Developer abandonment is a sad thing.  I’m afraid it may be great potential unrealized but a tale yet to be told.

• Like 5

Vic green

1 hour ago, Patco Lch said:

Version 6 is a diamond in the rough. Developer abandonment is a sad thing.  I’m afraid it may be great potential unrealized but a tale yet to be told.

I agree.

This sim will evolve into something quite good.

P3dv5 was nothing to write home about at the beginning but it is quite good now.

With ASN weather and the dash8-400 it is good.

Add to it there are now add-on Canadian airports from coast to coast it's already starting to be well on its way. 

No buyers remorse here.

• Like 5

8 hours ago, dbw1 said:

I agree.

This sim will evolve into something quite good.

P3dv5 was nothing to write home about at the beginning but it is quite good now.

With ASN weather and the dash8-400 it is good.

Add to it there are now add-on Canadian airports from coast to coast it's already starting to be well on its way. 

No buyers remorse here.

Canadian airports? With P3Dv6 installers? Which developer? 

I'm not wishing to re-route this thread, but the adjective 'cartoonish' reminds me how I should be chewing bubble gum or sucking a lollipop when I 'play' with that other flight game. 😉

Anyway, back to positivity: I really like V6. I was about ready to quit simming forever when this came out and thought I'd give it a try. At first it was underwhelming, then bit by bit I got some add-ons going, ORBX installed, and the patches were released. I'm now back at it again and look forward to see where this goes. Still have 5.4 but only using it for comparisons. Still have MSFS but again, just to go back to see if it's worthy of my time.

V6 has the lead now. 

cheers       

• Like 2

i7-9700K, MSI Z370, PNY 4070 Super, GTX 750Ti, 32GB GSkill, 43" curved Samsung, 32" BenQ, 11" LED, RealSImGear GTN750, Win10,

P3DV5.4/P3DV6 and MSFS, several GoFlight modules, Saitek radio, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Virtual Fly TQ6.

Those terrain textures do not look any better than previous versions of P3D to me.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

2 hours ago, Rein2 said:

Canadian airports? With P3Dv6 installers? Which developer? 

SimAddOns

Ralph has been creating Canadian airports for many years and they have evolved into great places to visit in P3dV5, V6 & MSFS.

I have been a customer and supporter for a long time. I am a retired Cdn pilot and have been to most of his creations in person.

SIMADDONS

• Upvote 1

To come back to the video. I think, it doesn't show anything new compared to P3Dv5. As @SteveW wrote, there are changes but they do not show in overall scenery. The memory needed on the drive has increased dramatically but with effects only on certain places. Like my many addon airports, which give me very realistic scenery in certain areas. The great improvement for P3D is/was ORBX and Hifisim clouds. It has changed the look and feel much more than any main version of P3D. But ORBX is gone, will not come back with new products. They may adapt installers for v6 but I fear that will be the last they do for P3D.

So to conclude this, there is no reason to go on for me. I stay with my well working 5.4 and all its beautiful enhancements, which make it better than P3D6. This version will never become that support from developers v5 had before. Even v5 was already partially abandoned compared to v4, which was the peak of this development regarding 3rd party support. 

OS=WIN11 Home, Sim=P3D5 5.4 (P3D4 and FSX for install reasons)
Addons=ORBX, ASCA, AS, TOGA and tons of sceneries, aircraft

MB=Gigabyte AORUS Z790 Elite AX, CPU=i13900K, Cooling=Be quiet! Pure Loop II FX
GPU=KFA2 RTX3090 24 GB, RAM=64 GB DDR5-5600, HOTAS=Logitech G Saitek X52 Pro

Visit my website for fixes and addons: https://sites.google.com/view/dans-p3d-mods