Sign in to follow this  
Biology

Potential improvements for sky colors

4 minutes ago, vrdubin6 said:

So "ENABLED" needs to be set to true and then you'll need to press CTRL+INSERT in-game to toggle it on/off. 

Oh... Thanks.. I will try that tomorrow. 

• Like 1

Tapani Österberg

17 minutes ago, charliearon said:

No request made, but I went ahead and made the changes you show here!

Thanks, Charlie. 👍

• Upvote 1

Alvega

CPU: AMD 7800X3D | COOLER: Cooler Master MasterLiquid 240L Core ARGB | GPU: RTX 4070 TI Super 16GB OC | Mobo: ASUS TUF GAMING X670E-PLUS WIFI |
RAM: 32 GB Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR5 6000MHz PC5-48000 2x16GB CL36 | SSDs: WD Black SN770 2TB NVMe SSD (WIN11), WD Black SN850X SSD 2 TB M.2 2280 PCIe Gen4 NVMe (MSFS), Crucial MX500 2TB (Other stuff) | CASE: Forgeon Arcanite ARGB Mesh Tower ATX White | Power Supply: Forgeon Bolt PSU 850W 80+ Gold Full Modular White 

4 hours ago, B777ER said:

Asobo just needs to sign @Biology to a contract to get this into MSFS and be done with it. This guy is playing 4D chess while Asobo is playing checkers. 

Asobo already confirmed in the latest Q&A that they are changing the colours in 2020, aiming to release with SU14, and they claim MSFS 2024 won't have the issue because they have a brand new more accurate atmospheric system.

Edited by Tuskin38
  • Like 1

Do you think that asobo really got it wrong or that they set the coefficients that way for dramatic effect to overemphasise the dawn and dusk skyscapes to promote the launch of msfs?

Edited by cianpars

Ryzen 5800X3D, Nvidia 3080 - 32 Gig DDR4 RAM, 1TB & 2 TB NVME drives - Windows 11 64 bit MSFS 2020 Premium Deluxe Edition Resolution 2560 x 1440 (32 inch curved monitor)

50 minutes ago, cianpars said:

Do you think that asobo really got it wrong or that they set the coefficients that way for dramatic effect to overemphasise the dawn and dusk skyscapes to promote the launch of msfs?

It was discussed much earlier in this thread.

From the opening post:

Firstly, the same issue is shared between so many simulators because they all use the same few papers (most notably Eric Bruneton's and Sebastien Hillaire's) as a basis for their implementation, and turns the reference these papers used for some of their parameters had a significant error.

and:

Some light bedtime reading can be found in the rest of the opening post. 😅

• Like 4
  • Upvote 1

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D; MSI RTX 3080 Ti VENTUS 3X; 32GB Corsair 3200 MHz; ASUS VG35VQ 35" (3440 x 1440)
Fulcrum One yoke; Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack Airbus edition; MFG Crosswind rudder pedals; CPFlight MCP 737; Logitech FIP x3; TrackIR

MSFS; Fenix A320; A2A PA-24; HPG H145; PMDG 737-600; AIG; RealTraffic; PSXTraffic; FSiPanel; REX AccuSeason Adv; FSDT GSX Pro; FS2Crew RAAS Pro; FS-ATC Chatter

@Biology

I didn't know what i was missing until i tried this out. Wow what a difference! Thank you for making this possible and thank you for making it not necessary to modify core sim files (that's a no go for me). I don't know if i can ever go back to the over saturated colors now its too much of an improvement to give up.

Cheers

• Like 2

AMD Ryzen 5900X / Asus Strix B550 F Gaming Wifi / Powercolor AMD 6800XT Red Devil / 32GB Gskill Trident Neo DDR4 3600 / 2x ADATA XPG 8200pro NVME / Arctic Liquid Freezer II 280 / EVGA Supernova 750 GT PSU / Lian Li Lancool II Mesh Performance /

Asus VG34VQL3A / Schiit Bifrost DAC+ Schiit Asgard AMP /  Sennheiser HD 558 / Thrustmaster T.16000M + TFRP Rudders

2 hours ago, F737MAX said:

Some light bedtime reading 🤣

IMG_0989.png

that all makes sense if you think about it, the only question I had was re. LbfgsInvHessProduct 

"LbfgsInvHessProduct (* args, ** kwargs) [source] # Linear operator for the L-BFGS approximate inverse Hessian. This operator computes the product of a vector with the approximate inverse of the Hessian of the objective function, using the L-BFGS limited memory approximation to the inverse Hessian, accumulated during the optimization."

why didn't you say that in the first place? 😃

"The Hessian is (1/n)XTX (1 / n) X T X. The Hessian is positive semidefinite, so the objective function is convex."

the Hessian, named after the Hessians (US: /ˈhɛʃənz/ or UK: /ˈhɛsiənz/)[1] were German soldiers who served as auxiliaries to the British Army during the American Revolutionary War.[2] The term is an American synecdoche for all Germans who fought on the British side, since 65% came from the German states of Hessen-Kassel and Hessen-Hanau. Known for their discipline and martial prowess, around 30,000 Germans fought for the British during the war, around 25% of British land forces.

Edited by turbomax

AMD 7800X3D, Windows 11, Gigabyte X670 AORUS Elite AX Motherboard, 64GB DDR5 G.SKILL Trident Z5 NEO RGB (AMD Expo), RTX 4090,  Samsung 980 PRO M.2 NVMe SSD 2 TB PCIe 4.0, Samsung 980 PRO M.2 NVMe SSD 1 TB PCIe 4.0, 4K resolution 50" TV @60Hz, HP Reverb G2 VR headset @ 90 Hz, Honeycomb Aeronautical Bravo Throttle Quadrant, be quiet 1000W PSU, Noctua NH-U12S chromax.black air cooler.

60-130 fps. no CPU overclocking.

very nice.

10 hours ago, Virtpilot said:

Oh... Thanks.. I will try that tomorrow. 

And I can finally confirm that it works also in here. Thank you everybody for your help.

Tapani Österberg

13 hours ago, charliearon said:

No request made, but I went ahead and made the changes you show here!

Indeed I did.  I made a request through 'contact us' 》 'report an issue'  but I received no response.

My next action would have been to report my own post, but in any case, it is done now.

Thanks for making the changes!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Call me Bob or Rob, I don't mind, but I prefer Rob.

I like to trick airline passengers into thinking I have my own swimming pool in my back yard by painting a large blue rectangle on my patio.

Intel 14900K in a Z790 motherboard with water cooling, RTX 4080, 32 GB 6000 CL30 DDR5 RAM, W11 and MSFS on Samsung 980 Pro NVME SSD's.  Core Isolation Off, Game Mode Off.

Working great! The ability to change the sky colors at real time is fascinating. Bravo!

That patching level reminds me (avoiding the distances) like Silent Hunter 5 patching era. A submarine simulator broken since release date, and community talented members fixing it after long waiting time.

I don't know how they do it, but it makes me think about what more hacks could be done..

• Like 1

2 hours ago, bobcat999 said:

Indeed I did.  I made a request through 'contact us' 》 'report an issue'  but I received no response.

My next action would have been to report my own post, but in any case, it is done now.

Thanks for making the changes!

OK, no problem!  The "Contact Us" goes directly to the site owner and he is on a road trip with family.  He checks in every few days.  Report on a post goes to all Moderators, so it's seen easier!

• Like 1

Charlie Aron

Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and the purchase of a new system.  Running a Chromebook for now! :cool:

3 hours ago, zalox said:

but it makes me think about what more hacks could be done..

ATP by subLogic got pretty much "hacked" completely 30 years ago, incl. for the very first time a photo-realistic cockpit, higher resolution than default etc.

AMD 7800X3D, Windows 11, Gigabyte X670 AORUS Elite AX Motherboard, 64GB DDR5 G.SKILL Trident Z5 NEO RGB (AMD Expo), RTX 4090,  Samsung 980 PRO M.2 NVMe SSD 2 TB PCIe 4.0, Samsung 980 PRO M.2 NVMe SSD 1 TB PCIe 4.0, 4K resolution 50" TV @60Hz, HP Reverb G2 VR headset @ 90 Hz, Honeycomb Aeronautical Bravo Throttle Quadrant, be quiet 1000W PSU, Noctua NH-U12S chromax.black air cooler.

very nice.

On 10/10/2023 at 1:55 PM, bobcat999 said:

Ah yes - sorry to MortThe2nd.  Credit goes to him for coming up with them, and you for publicising them.

As for the text file, that's a shame.  Maybe it just reads the parameters on first loading and then stores them in memory somewhere to swap with the originals when toggled, rather than re-reading the text config file again every time we toggle.  No big issue anyway.  :smile:

Added live editing feature in v1.2.0. You now can experiment changing values while in-game.

Also improved the documentation/instructions to be a little more helpful.

• Like 10

21 minutes ago, Drunq said:

Added live editing feature in v1.2.0. You now can experiment changing values while in-game.

Also improved the documentation/instructions to be a little more helpful.

Amazing, thanks!

Guys, don't forget to enable the toggle and the live editing in the ini file.

Edited by Alvega
  • Like 4

Alvega

CPU: AMD 7800X3D | COOLER: Cooler Master MasterLiquid 240L Core ARGB | GPU: RTX 4070 TI Super 16GB OC | Mobo: ASUS TUF GAMING X670E-PLUS WIFI |
RAM: 32 GB Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR5 6000MHz PC5-48000 2x16GB CL36 | SSDs: WD Black SN770 2TB NVMe SSD (WIN11), WD Black SN850X SSD 2 TB M.2 2280 PCIe Gen4 NVMe (MSFS), Crucial MX500 2TB (Other stuff) | CASE: Forgeon Arcanite ARGB Mesh Tower ATX White | Power Supply: Forgeon Bolt PSU 850W 80+ Gold Full Modular White 

40 minutes ago, Drunq said:

v1.3.0: you can now use a slider to change values while in-game. 😊

I know, devs don't like to spend time on user interface and docs.

• Like 2

very nice.